Motherwell v Accies

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were superb on Friday night despite a few hairy moments at the back where we were fortunate not to concede but overall it was much more like it. Two excellent goals from Ainsworth especially his first one and for once our midfield showed a bit of bite and linked up well with the frontline.

We need more of the same in every game for the remainder of the season if we are to survive.

I fucking love Marvin Johnson, btw. That long striding running style, that cross for the second, the one Erwin should've finished. He's great.

He's bloody marvellous (pun kind of intended).

Obviously we've signed him with the intention of developing him and punting him in a couple of years. If he keeps improving we should be able to do that no bother!

I fucking love Marvin Johnson, btw. That long striding running style, that cross for the second, the one Erwin should've finished. He's great.

He's bloody marvellous (pun kind of intended).

Obviously we've signed him with the intention of developing him and punting him in a couple of years. If he keeps improving we should be able to do that no bother!

Yep - we signed a flood of players in the January window and Marvin possibly looks the pick of the bunch - and really seems to be able to deliver a decent ball in to the 6 yard box. He's still a bit rough round the edges, so plenty of scope for development but it will be good to see him next season after a few months playing at SPL level and a good preseason behind him...

He's still a bit rough round the edges, so plenty of scope for development but it will be good to see him next season after a few months playing at SPL level and a good preseason behind him...

He looks like a good prospect and all going well we will still be in the SPFL Premiership.

Yep - we signed a flood of players in the January window and Marvin possibly looks the pick of the bunch - and really seems to be able to deliver a decent ball in to the 6 yard box. He's still a bit rough round the edges, so plenty of scope for development but it will be good to see him next season after a few months playing at SPL level and a good preseason behind him...

I'm really intrigued by next season for a few players. Obviously, hopefully we're staying in the top division, and if we could hold onto Pearson/McDonald as well, that'd be great. But a proper, non-footgolf pre-season with Erwin, Moore, Watt, Johnson, Thomas, Lasley, Pearson and McDonald all coming back at peak fitness? That's pretty exciting. Do similar to McGhee and have them all back, super fit, lean and pressing throughout the game? That'd be brilliant.

I'm really intrigued by next season for a few players. Obviously, hopefully we're staying in the top division, and if we could hold onto Pearson/McDonald as well, that'd be great. But a proper, non-footgolf pre-season with Erwin, Moore, Watt, Johnson, Thomas, Lasley, Pearson and McDonald all coming back at peak fitness? That's pretty exciting. Do similar to McGhee and have them all back, super fit, lean and pressing throughout the game? That'd be brilliant.

Christ. I'd forgotten about that.

I think it'll be tough to hold onto Scott McDonald. I think there's maybe one last half-decent contract left in his career, and he'll be looking to take advantage of that.

PMSL!

0.jpg

I think it'll be tough to hold onto Scott McDonald. I think there's maybe one last half-decent contract left in his career, and he'll be looking to take advantage of that.

I think there is next to no chance that we will hold on to McDonald - but if he helps us stay up then he'll go with everyone's best wishes. I'm more hopeful with Pearson as he could be what we need to replace Lasley in the medium term who will struggle to play another 40 games next year...

I'd agree, but you never know, I never thought we'd be able to sign up players in the past and it's happened.

It's what sticks in my mind about why we were so shit earlier in the season, just the difference between the pictures of McGhee making them sit in rivers and...that. I've never really been arsed about Motherwell players being shite, because it kind of comes with the territory. Even in our good teams there were folk who were just shite at football, but if they're at least fit and trying, then I'm not getting too het up about it. Inability to be fit...nah.

Actually, just to add to that, I just don't understand how the club allowed it to happen, at all. I realise I'm coming over as a McGhee zealot here, but that first season when we just came out in the first half and ran over the top of teams because we were so much better prepared than anyone else, how is that not the first priority, every season?

I'd agree, but you never know, I never thought we'd be able to sign up players in the past and it's happened.

It's what sticks in my mind about why we were so shit earlier in the season, just the difference between the pictures of McGhee making them sit in rivers and...that. I've never really been arsed about Motherwell players being shite, because it kind of comes with the territory. Even in our good teams there were folk who were just shite at football, but if they're at least fit and trying, then I'm not getting too het up about it. Inability to be fit...nah.

I would imagine that the "lads holiday as a reward for finishing 2nd" vibe that was presented won't be happening again. Regardless of what actually goes on in pre-season, expect it to be presented like the training sequence from Rocky IV :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived