Motherwell v Accies

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erwin bursts a gut every match. That's good.

But for a big lad he's loses about 85% of his headers and so far at least he's shown no composure in front of goal, he must have had 5 or 6 chances that he really had to score.

And at the end of the day you just can't have a striker up top contributing a single goal per season.

We are playing well as a team so I wouldn't change a whole lot right now but Erwin needs to find his scoring boots if he wants a future as a striker at Premiership level.

I remember when Lee McCulloch came into the team he didn't score for ages, I think about two seasons, then he got 2 goals in one match against Hibs and then started to score regularly. Maybe something similar will happen with Erwin, we will see.

Would County, St Mirren and Thistle all getting pumped be asking too much? :)

I've got a treble on with killie, st Johnstone and ICT to win that coming up would be sweet

Sorry lads, but the great unpredictables who haven't had back to back wins in almost two whole years, did what they do best, confounding the odds and ruining many coupons for yet another week.

Now for the late charge for top 6 :lol:

Well done Motherwell, you clearly are the better team right now and will probably prove it again when we meet again in a few weeks. I've stuck up for Canning but his comments after the match on the radio have swung me. I would be happy to see him gone tomorrow. We did play quite well in the first half, if Imrie's strike goes in it's a different game. Ainsworth has always worried me but that is the first time he's done anything of note against us. Two players switched off, wonder goal then Scotland sloppily gives it away from the restart. Ziggy culpable again. Lyon has some nice touches but asking him to basically play the Neil role at that age is madness. In a winning team, fair enough but not this current one. At least he will sit out the next game. If we win it, don't laugh, I think we could still make top 6 but my money will be on St Johnstone. Accies have certainly turned around my gambling season!

Stephen Aitken, Ray McKinnon, Darren Young even Gary Bollan would be preferable, get Martin back to where he belongs, in the centre of our defence.

*No idea why I'm having such trouble making posts.

I don't want to describe Erwin as shit as he's one of ours, he's young(ish) and he always gives 100% but as a striker you must score goals and for now he just isn't doing it. C'mon Lee, less #nandos and more goals.

He isn't playing as a striker right now though.

I tend to agree Erwin needs to start showing his worth. He has hardly won a header all season. Always tries powder puff shots after cutting in.

I do think he has a decent SPFL striker in him.

Interesting debate I've started about Lee Erwin...

I'm surprised there's some who don't rate him at all. I do think there's a player in there, but he needs the goals to come soon.

Some of the stuff written on here about Erwin in the last day or so is incredible, even for Motherwell fans.

How many games has the boy actually started in his Motherwell career in his preferred position as a striker? Six, seven maybe? You'd think he was an experienced player who'd went 30 odd games without a goal the way some folk are going on. I mean imagine a young guy in his first season in senior football, playing in a shit team fighting relegation, going 6 or 7 starts without a goal. Fucking shocking eh?

He's got bags of talent, plenty of raw potential and has played a massive part in our recent revival. Get off the boys back and give him a break for f**k sake.

Some of the stuff written on here about Erwin in the last day or so is incredible, even for Motherwell fans.

How many games has the boy actually started in his Motherwell career in his preferred position as a striker? Six, seven maybe? You'd think he was an experienced player who'd went 30 odd games without a goal the way some folk are going on. I mean imagine a young guy in his first season in senior football, playing in a shit team fighting relegation, going 6 or 7 starts without a goal. Fucking shocking eh?

He's got bags of talent, plenty of raw potential and has played a massive part in our recent revival. Get off the boys back and give him a break for f**k sake.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that

He looks like a big lanky donkey who is always on the verge of losing the ball, and in fact usually does. He was hopeless against Aberdeen and a bit better yesterday. I don't get the hype.

This +1 the best post on this debate by a distance - the lad is the biggest playing asset the club has and yet the so called "Well" fans continually harp on about his apparent weaknesses, if you started to list the weaknesses of the rest of the squad this P & B server would be goosed.

We are playing the best we have all season just now, and lad is one of the reasons why this is so. My biggest concern is that we are able to sign him on a new contract.

Got too agree CasaG. Great post.

Remember we are talking about Motherwell fans who slated Michael Higdon and called him pish.

Archived