Motherwell v Accies

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A clean sheet what's that?

Very entertaining game and our first goal was an absolute screamer. Bloody delighted with 3 points but I think we should have let Erwin hit the penalty since his all round play is good but he badly needs a goal.

I like Friday night fitba when it's two relatively local teams

I've been running on hope for the most part but watching Motherwell score 2 goals quicker than it takes Jason Scotland to turn has suddenly destroyed any of that.

And Hamilton for me are now bigger rivals than Airdrie, there isn't a team I detest more than Hamilton so any win for me against them I will savour. Perhaps if Airdrie ever get into the big league the might take over the mantle of being the most hated team in Lanarkshire to me but just now its Hamilton.

On the upside - a wee bit of damage repaired from the previous games, on the downside, I'm pretty sure we'll have to go to Douglas fucking Park again this season....

The game was quite like watching us during the bulk of McCall's time - shiteing ourselves watching the defence but looking like we'd score on most attacks - really enjoyed it obviously. Ainsworth winds me up like few other players, precisely because of what we saw in the 2nd half (a top, top player) after what we saw in the 1st half (someone going through the motions). Just as last season, he really is one of the few players we have that is capable of the end product and that is why he needs to play.

This was a genuine must win and the fact that we pumped accies instead of the close win that I was expecting is going to be a big boost for the team. Accies were decent enough up until they lost the plot but the main thing for me was the madness of leaving Hasselbank, a guy that has always run riot against us regardless of who he was playing for, on the bench and have Scotland, who looks done, on for most of the game...

Shame it's an international break now...

Good atmosphere, Accies pumped, some pride restored, a clean sheet and we actually scored four fucking goals. Not a bad evenings work. Fair play to Baraclough cause this time last month we were literally struggling to muster 4 shots on goal in a game. These last four games there's been a massive improvement from anything we've seen this season and there's now genuine optimism that we can stay up.

Nothing fancy about it tonight, two energetic, dynamic all action central midfielders in Pearson and Lasley who I thought were dominant tonight and allowed our forward players to express themselves. Genuine pace and threats in the wide areas with Johnson and Ainsworth who were both terrific. Ainsworth will hog the headlines and rightly so but I I'll say it again I think we have a real player on our hands in Johnson. Up front the classic big man and little man combo is working well. Don't think Skippy was at his best but I think that's the best I've seen Lee Erwin play. The boy was everywhere and is a real handful, if he could actually start taking some of these chances he's got all the raw attributes to be a cracking player. Everyone got pass marks tonight though, big Sutty was on the pitch for about 10 mins and bagged two goals and heck even big Tony Straker looked the part tonight pulling out drag backs and nutmegs for fun.

Star of the show, in the 2nd half in particular, was Ainsworth. Wonderful strike for his first goal, great finish for the 2nd and a sublime ball for Sutton's header show what he's capable of when he fancies it. He was unplayable at times tonight and could easily have scored 4 or 5 himself. Just a shame he can't be arsed more often cause with his talent if he fancied it he could easily bang in 15 plus goals a season at this level. I mean this season he's been really poor and look disinterested for the most part and yet still has 6 goals and 3 or 4 assists. Imagine what he could do if he could actually be bothered to turn up most weeks..

Good to put a wee bit of gap between us and bottom, hopefully we can carry some confidence from this result into our run of suddenly very winnable looking fixtures.

10731250_400_400_0_0_fit_0_4a63853506f7b

Fairly enjoyable night like.

Have to say having seen it a few times now, but Johnson's ball in for the 2nd goal is textbook perfect even at Champions League final level...it's exactly the ball that is the holy grail for wide players...sublime.

Archived