Clyde moving to Shettleston?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will have to come up with some credible business plan that would attract the confidence of a bank to invest. Not only are they committing a large amount of money over a long period, I'd assume they would have to have a lot of faith on a competent, professional board to deliver a project and repay the loan. Computer says "NO"!!

Who said they are selling it at all and where do you get 800k from, is it just a number plucked from the air. Who would lend Clyde that kind of money?

it was a hypothetical situation if we were to buy the ground as the rumours have indicated

so pay attention

you stupid boy :)

it was a hypothetical situation if we were to buy the ground as the rumours have indicated

so pay attention

you stupid boy :)

What is a appropriate budget for a "bronze" standard stadium? In my opinion more than 800k.....The EK Thistle Showpark development was quoted at £1.5 m and that was just less than 5 years ago

What is a appropriate budget for a "bronze" standard stadium? In my opinion more than 800k.....The EK Thistle Showpark development was quoted at £1.5 m and that was just less than 5 years ago

500 seat Spartans style stand £110000, pavilion and toilets £150,000 and floodlights £50000. Sportscotland and Scottish football partnership would cover 25-50% of costs

Sorry mate, got this from a very good source. EK is choice one and remains that. Shettleston is no more than a backup for the timebeing.

announcement on new ground next week will be shettleston

so must try harder ????

Am I right in thinking that any move for next season would have to be registered with the SPFL by June? Only question at that point is if there is planning permission to do things like installing floodlights? Shettleston had plans to realign their pitch and do a major upgrade so it's not inconceivable that there is.

Too many Tossers on this site n thread for me to believe anything that gets posted or care but did hear from my Junior source during week if means anything that Shug* has all the local schools football now playing at Greenfield & hes coining it in,Perhaps an astro laid would also suit him on the basis alone amongst others like pitch hire during week for 5/7/11 aside football and general community stuff. Hes a very clever bloke as previously posted & more i think about it the more it could suit us both with hopefully some revenue from pitch n social club etc will come our way but after all its his club so we need remember that first n foremost ..

Fingers crossed right enough..

Foreva n eva

*Hugh Kelly

Any suggestion of the basic principles of what's being outlined here is far more positive (in principle) than East Kilbride ever was. Much as the pain of the last six years has stung like a b*****d, the football club also has to learn to operate as succesful business to be able to ward off any calamitous periods on the field in future. As the sporting wing of a community trust project, this would have been even less likely than the team succeeding, but always tainted by its association and the fact thats about as far as we could ever go. The idea of 'community club' is much like the 3g pitch phenomenon in our game and akin to the monorail scheme in the fucking Simpsons episode. The board speak enough of the failed 'business model' at Broadwood.......that this is acknowledged and sought as a chief reason for relocation is actually encouraging, but something which if sold down the river again would only represent the end for the footballing side in the long term. We simply got away with it big-time over the course of leaving Shawfield, then Firhill, Douglas Park and aiming for the stars twice at Broadwood, albeit i'd give my right arm for the chance to compete at that level again, and wouldn't be fussed at having seven good years followed by seven shit ones IF we addressed the issues that are key in this whole debate. I'm confident that they will be.

Any suggestion of the basic principles of what's being outlined here is far more positive (in principle) than East Kilbride ever was. Much as the pain of the last six years has stung like a b*****d, the football club also has to learn to operate as succesful business to be able to ward off any calamitous periods on the field in future. As the sporting wing of a community trust project, this would have been even less likely than the team succeeding, but always tainted by its association and the fact thats about as far as we could ever go. The idea of 'community club' is much like the 3g pitch phenomenon in our game and akin to the monorail scheme in the fucking Simpsons episode. The board speak enough of the failed 'business model' at Broadwood.......that this is acknowledged and sought as a chief reason for relocation is actually encouraging, but something which if sold down the river again would only represent the end for the footballing side in the long term. We simply got away with it big-time over the course of leaving Shawfield, then Firhill, Douglas Park and aiming for the stars twice at Broadwood, albeit i'd give my right arm for the chance to compete at that level again, and wouldn't be fussed at having seven good years followed by seven shit ones IF we addressed the issues that are key in this whole debate. I'm confident that they will be.

excellent post

Archived