Clyde moving to Shettleston?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exciting development and fully endorse the boards move to this location. I think there is still flexibility round the ground but I do concur with other posters that we no longer should pursue the ridiculous idea of all seater stadiums. You just have to look at English third division grounds to see they have safe standing areas.....in fact it was interesting to note that Morecombe consulted with their fans on the design of the ground. And who, can remember anyone in my day (cough 1980' and 90's) going to the main stand to watch a game?? Fans should be given A CHOICE....we are the customers.....not stuck in one size fits all stand! They lack atmosphere and I on a personal note want to bring a good match day experience!

Ok, beggars can't be choosers but If we are to construct a main stand then it should only be for 1'500 seats. Fleetwood Town, proved that with a tight space you still fit in a decent main stand.

There are a lot of questions to answered but until we hear from the board, we can dream.

With the greatest of respect to Shettleston, i didn't think the OSR side had fallen into such disrepair that part of it had gone. I do recall the last time i was there that side had a split between two terraces (the town can confirm?) however the space behind the goal at the club looks fine for a starting point for our fans. A temp stand alongside the railway side (access from the social club corner) as a short term measure wouldn't be forcing anyone to do anything, but as a matter of priority a main stand should be numero uno. Its a signature of any ground, there will be plenty of terracing on two sides.

Terraces on osr side are in state of disrepair one nearest to social club has been removed as part of the plans to turn pitch , new stand/ terrace at club end was built around 2 years ago as 1st phase of refurbishment. There was also start on small terrace at osr . I was helping out with this work at time. Plans halted when council got involved and resurrected talks on a relocation to greenfield public park. Since then my understanding is Clyde where invited into discussions and Shettleston juniors owners and committee have agreed to abandon any relocation and to form association with Clyde to redevelop current site and ground share. Over last few weeks there has been numerous comings and goings at club with groups of 4/5 at a time inspecting ground and Clyde manager has been seen in club several times. I live opposite ground and have seen lots of commotion tho I haven't personally seen Barry Ferguson around I have been told by friends in social club he had been at meetings in club. Ground is more than big enough for a decent sized stadium and in years gone by has seen 5 figure crowds. As for playing surface iv cut grass and lined it many times and is anything but small as some people on here are saying . My memory isn't best but I reckon it's near to 112 yards long and just under 70 wide.

Do you think a 'main' stand would be better suited to running along OSR, with entrance and turnstiles, or is it more workable in terms of space to run it along the railway side, and enter via social club turnstiles?? I'll be honest, gents....i'm getting a bit of a semi.....

I'd think main stand better on main rd but railway side larger but suppose pitch could be moved. Dunno how it will be funded . Don't think current owners short of few quid , suppose it depends on agreement between clubs.

Loan agreed to upgrade ground.

From??? Clyde have built a solid credit rating i'd guess on the basis of last five years, but actually buying the ground would be the single biggest thing the club has done since 1958. Now is not the time for 'wheres it all coming from, we were dying two years ago', without an announcement from the club, but then, its entireky possible the silence is a lesson learned from then....

No money. Bust if you dont move to EK and change name etc (from your own board).

Now you really believe you have the money not only to refurb the ground but no buy it. Ask questions before its too late.

No money. Bust if you dont move to EK and change name etc (from your own board).

Now you really believe you have the money not only to refurb the ground but no buy it. Ask questions before its too late.

Think u need to learn the difference between having money and receiving a loan !!

Archived