Clyde moving to Shettleston?

Can't remember the specific details but I thought the 500 cover and bronze level floodlights is only for our league.

It's entry level with cover for 100 and bronze level floodlights for the bottom two divisions. Think they may have eased up on the requirements to help get the super-majority they needed to get the merger deal through, because I think I vaguely remember numbers similar to what you are stating being involved at some point. In practical terms there's probably no way a team with a 500 capacity stadium would ever get anywhere near the top flight, so it's not something you really need to legislate for. Bottom line is that Shettleston is viable for the SPFL in a way it wouldn't have been even just a couple of seasons ago, so there's no compelling reason for Clyde to be handing over lots of rent money for a way over-sized stadium in Cumbernauld any more, if most of their fanbase is still in and around Rutherglen.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very unfair. We want to encourage the Cedrics and Harolds as well, especially as they would buy the gourmet pies and rainforest alliance certified coffee, which must have a higher margin that their mutton and mellow birds equivalents.

We're in a very strong position which allows us to be segmenting the market and discouraging certain people - lets continue to put people off and make them unwelcome - we only want fans who think the same way.

Strategic genius.

Looking at that video there doesn't seem much room behind goal on right hand side due to a house being in the corner. Maybe a small covered terrace could be the answer.

On far side from where camera is a stand with the depth of St Mirren's could be built.

Not sure from the footage whereabouts the actual social club is though. So unsure what could be built where.

That's if the move is even in the pipeline though.

Looking at that video there doesn't seem much room behind goal on right hand side due to a house being in the corner. Maybe a small covered terrace could be the answer. On far side from where camera is a stand with the depth of St Mirren's could be built. Not sure from the footage whereabouts the actual social club is though. So unsure what could be built where.That's if the move is even in the pipeline though.
The club is about the only thing you don't get to see in the vid.....its at the bottom left corner.
It's entry level with cover for 100 and bronze level floodlights for the bottom two divisions. Think they may have eased up on the requirements to help get the super-majority they needed to get the merger deal through, because I think I vaguely remember numbers similar to what you are stating being involved at some point. In practical terms there's probably no way a team with a 500 capacity stadium would ever get anywhere near the top flight, so it's not something you really need to legislate for. Bottom line is that Shettleston is viable for the SPFL in a way it wouldn't have been even just a couple of seasons ago, so there's no compelling reason for Clyde to be handing over lots of rent money for a way over-sized stadium in Cumbernauld any more, if most of their fanbase is still in and around Rutherglen.
Not sure if thats really the case with Rutherglen any more LTL. A sizeable portion remain, but a helluva lot of fans have moved all over the greater Glasgow area, which id presume they would have done irrespective of where Clyde play. Location wise its probably our only option if alienating even more fans is not top of the agenda, as EK would have represented the same issues as Cumbernauld.....20 years down the line, Livingston embracing their community doesnt apppear to be doing them any favours at all, we have a chance to change our ways and rebuild in a central location which we must grab with both hands.

An Annan type stadium would be cracking for Clyde. I've said consistently that I'd like them back in the city because I want a proper derby. Of course, we'll probably be in the Championship by the time this is all resolved.

Looking at that video there doesn't seem much room behind goal on right hand side due to a house being in the corner. Maybe a small covered terrace could be the answer.

On far side from where camera is a stand with the depth of St Mirren's could be built.

Not sure from the footage whereabouts the actual social club is though. So unsure what could be built where.

That's if the move is even in the pipeline though.

I think that's why they were talking about turning the pitch round 90 degrees, so it's running north to south instead of west to east. That would likely give greater potential up the sides of the pitch if they did that from the looks of it, unless those who have been in the ground see it different.

This might be a better video to judge as it's from October last year. Assuming the stands behind Archie MacPherson there are the same today, we are dealing with covered terracing behind the goal and two separate enclosures. The "casuals" end we could pap away fans in there if there is a turnstyle/exit at that side. The other two enclosures should be ample for Clyde fans for the time being if the other two sides are to be redeveloped.

The whole thing sounds too good to be true so I won't get my hopes up.

I tore a good pair of jeans on a bit of corrugated iron going for a pish round the side of that stand behind the goals a few seasons back.

It's probably been mentioned but the terracing at the side of the park nearest the social club end has been demolished last time I was there. The open side of the park is pretty deep and backs onto the railway, plenty of room for a seated stand although not sure how you would facilitate access to it.

Think there's a gypo camp down the road.

The area behind the goals has been a recent addition, and imo wouldn't need touched as a matter of urgency. If we were to make a start anywhere, perhaps it would be more productive to have the away fans to where the camera is in the video, absolutely no chance should we be giving away not only half the ground, but the decidedly much much better half!!! I think we'd perhaps also be better looking at developing the Greenfield side for the stand, absolutely zero point us leaving it there doing nothing. Even a temporary Alloa-type gazebo along there would do wonders for catering for both types of fan. Us big bad right-hand side guys then can stand behind the goal, or halfway down the OSR side. With the stand, not much room for anything else i know, but as CDK says, us going in the entrance at the club corner wouldn't really be that big of a deal just now, but even at that, i think long term the main stand area should be on the main road. Then oncexwe have one, pap the diddies behind the currently empty goal

Archived