Clyde moving to Shettleston?

Got told today by reliable source clyde move to Shettleston a definite! Can't wait! Clyde game one week Shettleston the next! Do me fine! Ground to be upgrade can't wait! Look out scottish premier league and scottish junior premier league! Clyde and shetto on the March!!!

Total agree n echo all comments..

Better tell shug to start stocking up the gantry in his club for us arriving,His tills takings alone will be all worth itB)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be over the fucking moon if this were to happen. I'd even be prepared to forgive John Alexander for the EK Clyde debacle.

think it's a great move

as forgiving about EK never the guy should have resigned after all stuff he came away with at the meetings

my boys stopped going to games for nearly two seasons because of the name change proposals and the amount of in fighting and loss of revenue due to stay away fans forgive no chance

rant over

Probably find that eventually, Shettleston, being the bigger club of the two will swallow the smaller club, Clyde and be purely a junior team. Well, let's be honedt it's where Clyde should be.

I've seen Russell Howard be funnier than you.

think it's a great move

as forgiving about EK never the guy should have resigned after all stuff he came away with at the meetings

my boys stopped going to games for nearly two seasons because of the name change proposals and the amount of in fighting and loss of revenue due to stay away fans forgive no chance

rant over

Not having a go but the amount of people that stayed away because there "might" be a name change which never happened is a joke. The name could have changed at any point over the last 138 yrs but nobody boycotted then ?

Not having a go but the amount of people that stayed away because there "might" be a name change which never happened is a joke. The name could have changed at any point over the last 138 yrs but nobody boycotted then ?

no problem all about opinions and the name change option didn't bother some fans but for me it meant end of club

there was never a need for the vote or the trouble it caused

Not sure if this had been discussed we elsewhere on the forum.

Was talking to a friend today and he mentioned Clyde have been in talks with Shettleston juniors about a possible groundshare.

Would moving back to Glasgow, especially in the east end be a good move for Clyde? I can't see how they would pick up a new fanbase being so close to Parkhead

Anywhere in glasgow is a good start

Play the game Gene. Yes the name could have been changed at any time, it happened at plenty of other clubs, but those were actions of tyrannical owners, (ES Clydebank) or dead-end no-way-out-so-f**k-it working men's clubs (Meadowbank/Livi) who, in their own way, shrunk the numbers to such a paltry level no one apart from twelve cagool-clad trainspotters cared what they did. This charade which we experienced was paraded in front of some fairly intelligent people as the only possible outcome for any semblence of a Clyde FC beyond that point. Many were coerced and hand-held to come to this decision, which is absolutely 100% fine in itself. The tactics are not, and painting of impending doomsday (quite fucking ironic, that supporters of this vehicle for change label the nay-sayers the negative ones in all this) is what has split so much of the support, and why a lot of people cannot let go. Gene, you should be glad you support a club which still, after decade upon decade of arse over tit direction and f**k-ups, has people still turning up to watch games of football which could inspire suicide in lesser beings. The fact that we continue is what makes us, as a support, winners. f**k em all.

Play the game Gene. Yes the name could have been changed at any time, it happened at plenty of other clubs, but those were actions of tyrannical owners, (ES Clydebank) or dead-end no-way-out-so-f**k-it working men's clubs (Meadowbank/Livi) who, in their own way, shrunk the numbers to such a paltry level no one apart from twelve cagool-clad trainspotters cared what they did. This charade which we experienced was paraded in front of some fairly intelligent people as the only possible outcome for any semblence of a Clyde FC beyond that point. Many were coerced and hand-held to come to this decision, which is absolutely 100% fine in itself. The tactics are not, and painting of impending doomsday (quite fucking ironic, that supporters of this vehicle for change label the nay-sayers the negative ones in all this) is what has split so much of the support, and why a lot of people cannot let go. Gene, you should be glad you support a club which still, after decade upon decade of arse over tit direction and f**k-ups, has people still turning up to watch games of football which could inspire suicide in lesser beings. The fact that we continue is what makes us, as a support, winners. f**k em all.

I just hope that all the boycotters that say they will return when the name change is binned actually do it......but i wont hold my breath !

One query: if we're ruling out EK, any reason why we'd not share with Glencairn rather than moving to a new territory in Shettleston? According to Wikipedia (I know) it was us that didn't want to move to Glencairn's ground, rather than them not wanting us, and the stadium seems closer to being League standard than Shettleston's too.

One query: if we're ruling out EK, any reason why we'd not share with Glencairn rather than moving to a new territory in Shettleston? According to Wikipedia (I know) it was us that didn't want to move to Glencairn's ground, rather than them not wanting us, and the stadium seems closer to being League standard than Shettleston's too.

It's not really.

This will be fun. Simply put BWV, when the relationship with NLL reached its nadir (autumn 2009) Clyde began looking at alternatives, and in their defence, got their arse in gear pronto with looking to return 'home'. The Glens were happy to oblige talks, and took the liberty of inviting councillors along for the ride. Clyde's arse went, pushed back dates/ignored emails/texts/carrier pigeon and then out of absolutely nowhere, spread the word that Clyde were not welcome in Rutherglen without substantial backing. Because no actual meetings ever took place (that could be called such), the only word we have ever had is from the club writing Southcroft off altogether, and thats that. Given that the season's now finished, this should keep us going til August, no bother!!!

Glencairn dont want us & reliable sources have told me their pitch is shocking so feeling mutual

Shettleston if true and if it happens would be tremendous for both teams

Mon board give us the info of there or somewhere & turn a disaster of a season into a good one and something to look forward to nxt season

Archived