Clyde moving to Shettleston?

I've heard Clyde will buy the ground. Just waiting on the i's being dotted and the T's crossed.

I'd be surprised if we could afford a week in a time shared tent never mind a football ground.

Have the CIC members been informed? Surely something as serious as this won't be pushed through without them at least being notified.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the exact same thing.

the board of directors have a mandate to do this type of thing that's why they are voted on to the board owners are simply like shareholders they vote a board on to run the business if you don't like what they are doing you vote them of off , misconception that as an owner you would know ever detail of every decision the club makes yes this is a big decision and on this occasion I think a great move

the board of directors have a mandate to do this type of thing that's why they are voted on to the board owners are simply like shareholders they vote a board on to run the business if you don't like what they are doing you vote them of off , misconception that as an owner you would know ever detail of every decision the club makes yes this is a big decision and on this occasion I think a great move

Well given we know no details about it we'll need to wait and see on whether it is a great move. I've not been getting my hopes up on this as I just don't know how it's going to be paid for. Fans seem to be suggesting we will just walk in, get a stadium built and it's as simple as that

If we are borrowing money to do this then it obviously depends how much we are borrowing, who from and how much and how long we have to pay it back. We get crowds of a few hundred and have "the lowest budget in Scotland" as it is. It's all well and good that we can vote them off but that can't undo loans we've taken on or contracts we've signed.

Anyway, the owners have shown already they will do what they are told so no need to inform them!

Well given we know no details about it we'll need to wait and see on whether it is a great move. I've not been getting my hopes up on this as I just don't know how it's going to be paid for. Fans seem to be suggesting we will just walk in, get a stadium built and it's as simple as that

If we are borrowing money to do this then it obviously depends how much we are borrowing, who from and how much and how long we have to pay it back. We get crowds of a few hundred and have "the lowest budget in Scotland" as it is. It's all well and good that we can vote them off but that can't undo loans we've taken on or contracts we've signed.

Anyway, the owners have shown already they will do what they are told so no need to inform them!

You must be a bundle of laughs at home......

You must be a bundle of laughs at home......

pretty crucial questions as to whether or not this would be a good move for the club though don't you think?

Anyway at least this rumour has stopped us talking about the manager for a bit.

pretty crucial questions as to whether or not this would be a good move for the club though don't you think?

Anyway at least this rumour has stopped us talking about the manager for a bit.

Its anything Clyde related i meant.....even on the OS its the same !

Sounds like a 'too goodbto be true' wind up to me so very wary. would love it though.

Yes, this is my thinking. I hate to appear pessimistic and cynical, but after suffering one false dawn after another in recent years, I think we have every right to remain sceptical.

And why would Shettleston sell their ground to us? I've not heard of them suffering any financial hardship. With their social club, I would guess that they're probably one of the best run clubs at their level.

EDIT: That all said, I would literally blow my load if we agreed to share/buy Greenfield Park.

I would think a vote would be required on a fundamental issue like moving ground, wherever it happens to be. If there's an EGM planned mid to late May, presumably an announced proposal ahead of that gives owners the time to discuss. I'd assume that's the case anyway

I'm sure Clyde have had access to a grant of some description for a number of years

Unless they've found someone who can help double their money fast from somewhere...lol

Yes, this is my thinking. I hate to appear pessimistic and cynical, but after suffering one false dawn after another in recent years, I think we have every right to remain sceptical.

And why would Shettleston sell their ground to us? I've not heard of them suffering any financial hardship. With their social club, I would guess that they're probably one of the best run clubs at their level.

EDIT: That all said, I would literally blow my load if we agreed to share/buy Greenfield Park.

Had crossed my mind aswell mate but i was getting txts n PMs last nght from fellow supporters saying it was 99.9% happenin but no-one would provide source.

Would be disappointed if didnt happen but wouldnt b too suprised either if turned out to b wind up considering the site were on after all

Clyde fans will absolutely love the terracing after being stuck in Broadwood for years, take it for granted at Gayfield but you really notice just how good it is having it when you go to all seated grounds, excellent social club too, happy days

What is it with you?

NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE !

I just hope Shettleston don't get done over in all this. It looked to me decent progress was being made under their own steam. The ground was improving but even now is perfectly adequate for top end juniors.

Clyde don't appear to be bringing much, other than customers for the social club. I would doubt they could "buy" anything and even if they could, a sale wouldn't be the best deal for Shettleston.

What is it with you?

NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE !

where's the negative? I'd love to move back into Glasgow and be able to use public transport and get a pint before the game. These are all great - I just want to some more real details. Amazing that fans of a club that's just got out of years of debt payments aren't even interested in these things.

I get where you're coming from, but bear in mind, we pay between 60 - 80k a year in rent for Broadwood. We make nothing from hospitality, food etc. If we could get funding plus totals loans allowing a repayment agenda of around 60 - 80k a year, then we're on to a total winner.

spot on

add on things like ground advertising the now legendary pie stall takings as well

I was in Waterstones and noticed a book called Finance for Dummies! Wonder who thats aimed at?

Cannibal - keep asking questions. Absolutely unbelievable that Clyde fans would walk blindly into ANY move without wanting to know the deal after all the previous strategic errors.

like clyde fans would give the board the right to change the name without one bit of info on futrure revinues ,and even the exact location of the ground :lol:

so it would appear they have previous form :thumsup2

however maybe they will produce a nice brochure that helped before

Archived