Montrose v Berwick 21st March 2015

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose trying to flog sponsorship of their new pitch.

Nothing wrong with that, but £1350 for the six yard box and over £3k to sponsor the penalty box seems a bit steep. Don't mind if I pass on that.

For those staying at home, the atmosphere is similar to Meadowbank. When it's closed.

This is a strange one. He doesn't sound like he's good enough to start going on what you've said and our 3rd choice is the same age as him. Waste of money if he isn't starting, but if he is starting i'll be concerned.

Big gulf in quality between Wilson and Bleakley. Having the latter on the 1st team bench had to be fixed quickly. Sound move IMO. But agree, an experienced journeyman would have been the expected solution here. Maybe watch him play in the development squad; I think you might be surprised.

no sacking needed ! well today anyway :thumsup2 this was a must win fot the DT. hopefully we can kick on from here,

look forward to match report, have we turned a corner ? yes its only montrose & we should be beating these with ease

but the way our season (seasons) so far have went i dont rule anything out !

Well we were shoite and playing like that we deserve to be relegated. I don't think we had one single attempt on goal throughout the entire game.

And after making a feck-up of running the club this season, the board now expect the fans to fork out £135 for a piece of the pitch!! - what feckin' planet are they on!!

Well done to Berwick. Deserved winners. No saves made by Andrews. No imagination, pace or drive in the Montrose team. Playoff here we come. Management has been an issue this season at board level and on park but players threw in the towel today and will know they are heading to Highland league unless they can show an interest and work as a team to win matches. They did it for derby but today was poor.

Apparently we played very well - with the new lad Wilkie particularly impressive in the first half - and Montrose very poorly.

Certainly the stats suggest a dominant performance. For me that should lance the fear of relegation and leaves an outside glimmer of a playoff chance.

Well done.

Will probably take a few hours to get my thoughts in order, so before I manage that, here are some random observations;

I can easily see why these two teams were bottom and second bottom before today. It's not necessarily that they are bad footballers, everyone on that pitch today was probably the best player by miles in their year at school, it's just that there was a lack of imagination, tactics, and thought.

Montrose sat far too deep. Not sure if that was because of the presence of Andrews, but either way it helped Berwick.

First half was quite even. Berwick were on top in the second half, and then dominated after the sending off, which completely changed the game. Good free kick by Currie. Montrose defence posted missing for the second.

The one incident that I noticed the most today, above all else, is something that most people may say doesn't matter. After half time Berwick came out first. All 11 players strolled out of the tunnel. I mean strolled, it wasn't even a walk. Lee Currie jogged for about 3 paces once on the pitch. Willis followed him for a couple of paces. I watched Maxwell stand for a full two minutes in the left back position with his hands behind his back, not chatting to anyone or stretching or doing anything. A few of the players chatted to one another, that was it. My overriding feeling at that point was that these 11 people wanted to be anywhere on the planet other than Links Park, Montrose.

You can argue that it doesn't matter, cos we won, or it doesn't matter because the players looked like they cared when they scored, but Jesus, that worried me.

Sky and BBC both reporting that Notman missed a penalty. I don't think I fell asleep, but am pretty sure that didn't happen.

To summarise, absolute shite from both teams, but less shite from Berwick after the sending off. I don't go to many games but can see why supporters of both teams are less than satisfied. Oh, and Blair Henderson is not the answer.

extremely depressing afternoon. Berwick may not be very good in the eyes of some of their fans, but they were more than good enough to win against an awful Montrose side today. Just wanted it that little bit more.

It's the play offs for us. Brora will destroy that team if they are forced to participate and come up. Edinburgh are unbeaten all season.

It's come to a pretty pass when our only glimmer of hope is losing to Brora in the play off, only for them to refuse to come up.

pathetic, really.

mid-table; I wouldn't be surprised if you had fallen asleep; there was no missed penalty.

extremely depressing afternoon. Berwick may not be very good in the eyes of some of their fans, but they were more than good enough to win against an awful Montrose side today. Just wanted it that little bit more.

It's the play offs for us. Brora will destroy that team if they are forced to participate and come up. Edinburgh are unbeaten all season.

It's come to a pretty pass when our only glimmer of hope is losing to Brora in the play off, only for them to refuse to come up.

pathetic, really.

mid-table; I wouldn't be surprised if you had fallen asleep; there was no missed penalty.

Quality report as always. Totally agree with all the points and and mainly the lack of desire from the players to get us out of this mess. Have been in support of players all season but today wasn't good enough.

Quality report as always. Totally agree with all the points and mainly the lack of desire from the players to get us out of this mess. Have been in support of players all season but today wasn't good enough.

Archived