The Cameron Conundrum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke!! Cameron needs to go! The club has gone backwards this season. What were the board thinking when they offered a new contract!! This guy is taking us nowhere and the club need to act now or we face another season of dross.

Calls on the Arbroath thread to ditch the Board, the Manager, the players, the fans, the pitch and the large family of spiders in the Ducket bogs.

I absolutely support this Board of Directors. Decent people, running a club within its means and who appointed a big name manager when we needed it

It Would need another - probably braver - decision to sack Cameron now, but it has to be done, surely? I just don't see why anyone thinks he can have a personality change before August, and suddenly become a motivator in charge of a team that busts a gut each week and has the nous ability and determination to fight back if the opposition have the cheek to compete.

Board, fans, pitch, spiders and many of the players are good enough. The standout area of incompetence has been Cameron. It's glaringly obvious from the terraces.

Would agree with Redcar about the Board,however would like to know if they all agreed to renew CC's contract. The chairman said the manager had not fulfilled his obligations at the awards,then backed him based on what?

Berwick fans are hardy souls and used to tough times but the unification of disgust at this past season can only end with a polite but firm goodbye to Cameron. Put your pride aside Brian...just don't do it in a car park.

It's a great lower league job for anyone who wants it. Financially stable and (hopefully) the only way is up. Plus, some good players signed up but plenty of room to bring in your own players. I don't think there would be a shortage of applications.

For an ex Scotland player that has played for Hearts, Wolves, Millwall and Coventry!!! The right man is more important than getting someone who is a name and played at a high level! Lesson learned!

For an ex Scotland player that has played for Hearts, Wolves, Millwall and Coventry!!! The right man is more important than getting someone who is a name and played at a high level! Lesson learned!

Can't say that, as when he was appointed it was a brilliant move and he was the right man for the job which everyone believed. At the time of appointment, he was the right man for the job.

What's been desperately difficult to understand this season is the total inconsistency in results which all parties are accountable for. How can we go from playing East Fife (4-1 away) and Arbroath (3-1 home) off the park one week to getting royally pumped off them a matter of weeks later? That's the most frustrating and unacceptable thing, knowing we have a squad who can turn it on when they fancy, which is why, like others have posted, a total overhaul is required this summer.

We need leaders. Just look at that team that finished with a whimper at Arbroath yesterday. Tulloch, at 27, was our oldest, most experienced player on the park, or at least for 83mins he was. Wasn't at the game but just look at that line-up. Can't think of any one of them at 1-0 down trying to gee up the rest of the team into turning it around instead of crumbling.

As has been said numerous times, I like the majority of supporters thought Cameron's appointment was an excellent move for the club, but it hasn't worked. Performances have been hopelessly inconsistent but most importantly, it doesn't seem as though he commands the respect of the players. If it's true about Robbie's departure and that we wasn't at the game yesterday, I'm disappointed by that and the fact that there's been no word on it. He genuinely cares about the club, something you could probably only say the same for Fairbairn and Notman among the playing and managerial staff.

The Development League team is also a concern. How can we go from winning 10-2 one week with a batch of first-team regulars one day to losing 7-1 with 7 or 8 trialists the next? It's bizarre. Think we've maybe had 4 or 5 reserve regulars all season, plus Cameron's French boys, with only Euan Bauld this season progressing into the first team. Something I'd say definitely needs looked at.

However, I did have a chuckle at some of the comments on the Facebook page calling out for the 'local laddies' though. It's getting pretty boring now. Even more so the fact that it was comparing the 'local success stories' of the Harrow, Springhill and Tweedmooth Ams. Come on, seriously?! There wouldn't be a single player in the NNL or the Border B? C? whatever capable of playing at that level.

Would've thought Fairbairn's performances over the past 18 months have shown that with the right attitude, application and commitment, playing for Berwick can be achieved for a local player. Sadly, in the town and the surrounding area, there seem to be too many local footballers who take pleasure in seeing the team get beat, as was evident over the two legs against Spartans. That mindset needs to change.

However, I did have a chuckle at some of the comments on the Facebook page calling out for the 'local laddies' though. It's getting pretty boring now. Even more so the fact that it was comparing the 'local success stories' of the Harrow, Springhill and Tweedmooth Ams. Come on, seriously?! There wouldn't be a single player in the NNL or the Border B? C? whatever capable of playing at that level.

Plenty in local East of Scotland league / lowland league teams however.

Definitely wouldn't say 'plenty' for the EoS matches I've seen, can't comment on Lowland, although I'm sure the players from those leagues would have you believe otherwise. Even so, it'll be pre-season in 5-6 weeks and we train at Haddington I think now, at least one night a week anyway, a 35-40 minute drive from Berwick. Hopefully 'plenty' of these players will head along and prove that they're worth a shot..

East Of Scotland standard is awful now, especially the second league. Some of the players from the town who play in it wouldn't have been anywhere near the EOS 10 years ago. I was out last night with someone who's played over a decade in it and he was saying this himself.

My gripe at the moment. INFORMATION

The website latest news on the first team is Notmans awards No Arbroath preview let alone Match review

No news on Robbie, No statement from the board concerning season past and season future.

Everyone is second guessing.

I have read somewhere Brian says the fans are important to the club, ACTIONS speak louder than words

Not so sure there's plenty in the East of Scotland. Definitely a few in the Lowland League and the juniors though.

Three definitely good enough at Musselburgh Athletic. The strikers Sheerin and Hunter and the big centre half who was with Hibs. I wonder about the Scouting by the club at this level. There are some rough diamonds but you need to go out and look for them.

Archived