The Cameron Conundrum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say that, as when he was appointed it was a brilliant move and he was the right man for the job which everyone believed. At the time of appointment, he was the right man for the job.

Brilliant move? He was available as he had just been sacked by Cowdenbeath! Probably for the same reasons that are being discussed on here now!

Brilliant move? He was available as he had just been sacked by Cowdenbeath! Probably for the same reasons that are being discussed on here now!

on the surface it seemed a good move at the time, a appointment that we all considered a good 1, good pedigree, but in managerial terms some would say a rookie ! but if you had crease little & cameron in a room there is only 1 person we all would have chosen.

the prob we seem to have is :a few people need to man up & admit to thier mistakes, razor / red take note !

on the surface it seemed a good move at the time, a appointment that we all considered a good 1, good pedigree, but in managerial terms some would say a rookie ! but if you had crease little & cameron in a room there is only 1 person we all would have chosen.

the prob we seem to have is :a few people need to man up & admit to thier mistakes, razor / red take note !

Fair point! I would pick Crease!! Ha!

If it was a good appointment at the time - and all except a few shrewd Cowden fans said so on here - then it wasn't a mistake. It was right at the time.

He's rightly had a season and a half in charge and if there'd been some circumstance such as a long string of injuries, it may be a half decent excuse for finishing 8th. But there's no such excuse. We have got steadily worse under Cameron and are now a worse team than under Yano or Crease.

If he isn't dismissed, then I hope he steps up to a microphone to explain what he thinks went wrong and how he intends to put it right. Pretty unlikely though.

The first coherent statement from you. Remarkable. Your emoticon friends not coming out to play today? Next you'll be revealing you've been to a game and know the names of some of the players.

So what mistakes are you hoping I'll admit to?

In regard to Cameron's appointment, like most Berwick supporters - and I don't include a shit-stirring troll like you in that group - I was happy that we got him and thought he'd turn the team into a genuine title challenging force. But as Bandits has rightly pointed out, Cameron's record at Cowdenbeath maybe deserved closer scrutiny than any of us gave it. I spoke to a couple of Cowden fans at the weekend who were staying in Berwick and asked if they would take him back. Their answer was a resounding NO.

As for the role of the board, they did their job last summer by making the funds available to the manager to sign the players everyone wanted to keep - Currie and Lavery. No-one could have predicted their tail-off in form, but the manager has questions to answer about how he was unable to get the previous seasons standout players performing at anything like the same level. And that for me is the biggest problem with our manager. He seems incapable of exerting any influence over his team. Witness the pathetic effort against east fife when we still had a chance of hitting the playoffs, and Saturdays undisciplined shambles at Gayfield.

I believe there are good people in the boardroom who genuinely want the best for Berwick Rangers. I also believe that the decision to extend Cameron's contract has been a major error of judgement, the repercussions of which are still going on, including Robbie Horn's apparent departure and the dilemma the board now face in deciding whether to back their manager with funds over the summer. I agree with Redcar and others - this is the time for the board to bite the bullet by ripping up the contract and starting afresh.

As for you Albert Dross, you are not a Berwick supporter and have zero legitimacy on here. Your posts are filled with inane drivel and embellishing them with emoticons doesn't make them any better. You never comment on matches because you don't go to them. Your creepy stalker shit doesn't look good either. You know where I am, so why not call in and we can have an, er, interesting discussion. Being a cowardly shite who hides behind anonymity, you'd better introduce yourself when you call round.

If only there was this much passion in the dressing room and on the park..

Could it be possible that the majority of the players have no passion for the club or indeed even the town.where as the lads posting here are obviously passionate about the club

Some of our most passionate players over the years haven't been from the town. One of them has just left the club. Jonny plays because he's a good defender and has worked his arse off to get where he is. Passion only gets you so far. Look at the state of Newcastle with ultra-passionate Carver in charge. I just want us to sign good players, better players, who have pride in their game and for whatever team they play for. Couldn't give a f**k where they're from.

Some of our most passionate players over the years haven't been from the town. One of them has just left the club. Jonny plays because he's a good defender and has worked his arse off to get where he is. Passion only gets you so far. Look at the state of Newcastle with ultra-passionate Carver in charge. I just want us to sign good players, better players, who have pride in their game and for whatever team they play for. Couldn't give a f**k where they're from.

Agree. I'm not from the town either.

Would happily pay to hear what Robbie Horn really thinks of the past season and of Cameron's managerial qualities.

Sad to see confirmation that Robbie Horn has gone. One of the good guys. Anyone know if he's going to be replaced? Or will Jason Dair be appointed as Asst Manager?

Supporters related to Horn. And when it came to the crucial "Show us your medals" question, he had his championship medal and his UEFA badges which I think may have helped the club achieve it's licensed status. What happens next is going to be interesting.

Archived