The Cameron Conundrum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the surface it seemed a good move at the time, a appointment that we all considered a good 1, good pedigree, but in managerial terms some would say a rookie ! but if you had crease little & cameron in a room there is only 1 person we all would have chosen.

the prob we seem to have is :a few people need to man up & admit to thier mistakes, razor / red take note !

The first coherent statement from you. Remarkable. Your emoticon friends not coming out to play today? Next you'll be revealing you've been to a game and know the names of some of the players.

So what mistakes are you hoping I'll admit to?

In regard to Cameron's appointment, like most Berwick supporters - and I don't include a shit-stirring troll like you in that group - I was happy that we got him and thought he'd turn the team into a genuine title challenging force. But as Bandits has rightly pointed out, Cameron's record at Cowdenbeath maybe deserved closer scrutiny than any of us gave it. I spoke to a couple of Cowden fans at the weekend who were staying in Berwick and asked if they would take him back. Their answer was a resounding NO.

As for the role of the board, they did their job last summer by making the funds available to the manager to sign the players everyone wanted to keep - Currie and Lavery. No-one could have predicted their tail-off in form, but the manager has questions to answer about how he was unable to get the previous seasons standout players performing at anything like the same level. And that for me is the biggest problem with our manager. He seems incapable of exerting any influence over his team. Witness the pathetic effort against east fife when we still had a chance of hitting the playoffs, and Saturdays undisciplined shambles at Gayfield.

I believe there are good people in the boardroom who genuinely want the best for Berwick Rangers. I also believe that the decision to extend Cameron's contract has been a major error of judgement, the repercussions of which are still going on, including Robbie Horn's apparent departure and the dilemma the board now face in deciding whether to back their manager with funds over the summer. I agree with Redcar and others - this is the time for the board to bite the bullet by ripping up the contract and starting afresh.

As for you Albert Dross, you are not a Berwick supporter and have zero legitimacy on here. Your posts are filled with inane drivel and embellishing them with emoticons doesn't make them any better. You never comment on matches because you don't go to them. Your creepy stalker shit doesn't look good either. You know where I am, so why not call in and we can have an, er, interesting discussion. Being a cowardly shite who hides behind anonymity, you'd better introduce yourself when you call round.

WOW ! yes toto a bite on a monumental scale !!

it was said you have a problem with emoticons, so just for you :) :) :) :) :) :) i dont care for them either, but will make note to add them. just for you :P

yes like you i am a coward, but i only hide behind 1 pseudonym :unsure2: dont i :rolleyes:

Or maybe just that fine day when he lifted the League trophy!

Was a leader of men that season.

like the rest of us he prob in total despair !

how long the crease debacle lasted ! the way they dismissed his pal yano with club legend gary o walking, yet they seem to be pussyfooting around cameron, is he to high profile for them to sack ! they do seem to struggle when it comes to departing with a managers sevices.

Blah blah blah....

I hear that Cameron has applied for the Raith job. Understandable, but I think we need someone committed to Berwick Rangers for next season. Too much of a risk of having a manager leave during pre-season throwing plans into chaos.

Blah blah blah....

I hear that Cameron has applied for the Raith job. Understandable, but I think we need someone committed to Berwick Rangers for next season. Too much of a risk of having a manager leave during pre-season throwing plans into chaos.

Surely not?!

If that is true he should be sacked immediately! The board have showed faith in him after the terrible season Berwick have had and for him to apply for another job tells a story that he doesn't really want to be at Berwick and is not fully committed to the club. What makes the man think that he will get a job at Championship team when he is failed at his last two jobs one being in division 2!

Blah blah blah....

So has my cleaning lady, alas neither has any chance of the gig, this is disappointing as she really isn't that good at cleaning.

Anyone else think that Cameron is talking shite in that letter?

He's said we didn't have the mental capacity then went on to say he'll improve the squad.

We all knew the squad needed improvement. My concern is if he's incapable of fixing the mentality over this season hows he going to be any different next year with new players?

Well fair play to him for saying something, but it doesn't say anywhere near enough.

The big question remains why didn't he try to do something about the problem in the January window?

We can only wait and see who he signs. Hope he gets it right this time.

If Little had apologised would he have kept his job?

Cameron has failed twice to get Berwick to the play offs. You could argue that one of the teams wasn't his and was Little's but he was brought in at that point to get Berwick to the play offs.

Little didn't make the play offs after taking over half way through the season from Crease, following season made the play offs before being sacked half way through the next season but overall probably has a better record than Cameron with probably less money.

Words,just words. Action is needed,he should be telling us about new faces and how he intends to make things happen. Plans and signings.

Just watched the shameful,pathetic last Arbroath goal...something you see in the charities cup. What a piss poor way to finish the season.

Suddenly - quite literally overnight in fact - our manager has gone from claiming that our squad did not have the mental capcity to see out games, to thinking they're that good mentally that over 75% of players should stay. I'm sorry - he's lost the fucking plot here. What on earth have Tulloch, Andrews etc done to earn new deals? Andrews went through a small patch of form where he looked like an average League 2 goalkeeper before reverting to his usual self and imploding. Hey, least he's a nice guy thogh. Then there's Tulloch, who will play a maximum of 15 games per season because he's never been fit in his whole career, and simply put, isn't good enough for this level anymore. He returns from injury, has nightmare after nightmare, and is offered a new deal.

Lee Currie. An undoubtedly talented player that has shown this season he undoubtedly could not give a flying f**k about the club (see that red card last time out). I actually think it's quite brave to move Young on. He's an undoubtedly talented young defender who's undoubtedly a bit of a cock. And the same applies to Currie. Perhaps moving both on would have been healthy for the team dynamics - and you can probably include Lavery in this bracket too. But no, Colin, a manager who has failed to motivate these players to perform for the past 40 weeks has decided that these players, the very same who are the biggest offenders when it comes to not giving a toss are going to be the lads who take games by the scruff of the neck next season and win games for us. Lavery has barely even played ffs, he doesn't have a clue how to use him.

Those stats in that other thread suggest we're shite in front of goal in relation to not being clinical. We reward that failure by offering the biggest offender Andrew Russell a new deal. David Gold, one of our only players who seems to be capable of making an impact from the bench is released.

I'm sorry Colin, your letter was well-intentioned but you can stick it up your arse. Rewarding failure and lack of effort isn't the way to win fans around. Our only hope now is that some of our wasters reject deals so Cameron is forced to get off his fucking arse and find replacements.

Cameron Out x 2 this 7th May.

Whether these failures sign their contracts or not is irrelevant. The fact the manager has decided to offer them new contracts is extremely worrying. Once again, another summer of tinkering around the edges, and once again next season we'll have the same issues.

Can understand keeping Andrews as no.2 whilst Bleakly gains experience. Can also understand keeping either Bauld or Jacobs as backup To Notman who surely must go to right back. No point keeping both though.

Can see that Willis is worth an offer too.

But, Tulloch? Russell? Waste of space, and as for Lavery and Currie, they should be knocking on the manager's door and begging and crawling and apologising before even being considered for a much reduced offer.

If all our signings are from Eos, or Dunfermline/Beath reserves, we are already goosed

Suddenly - quite literally overnight in fact - our manager has gone from claiming that our squad did not have the mental capcity to see out games, to thinking they're that good mentally that over 75% of players should stay. I'm sorry - he's lost the fucking plot here. What on earth have Tulloch, Andrews etc done to earn new deals? Andrews went through a small patch of form where he looked like an average League 2 goalkeeper before reverting to his usual self and imploding. Hey, least he's a nice guy thogh. Then there's Tulloch, who will play a maximum of 15 games per season because he's never been fit in his whole career, and simply put, isn't good enough for this level anymore. He returns from injury, has nightmare after nightmare, and is offered a new deal.

Lee Currie. An undoubtedly talented player that has shown this season he undoubtedly could not give a flying f**k about the club (see that red card last time out). I actually think it's quite brave to move Young on. He's an undoubtedly talented young defender who's undoubtedly a bit of a cock. And the same applies to Currie. Perhaps moving both on would have been healthy for the team dynamics - and you can probably include Lavery in this bracket too. But no, Colin, a manager who has failed to motivate these players to perform for the past 40 weeks has decided that these players, the very same who are the biggest offenders when it comes to not giving a toss are going to be the lads who take games by the scruff of the neck next season and win games for us. Lavery has barely even played ffs, he doesn't have a clue how to use him.

Those stats in that other thread suggest we're shite in front of goal in relation to not being clinical. We reward that failure by offering the biggest offender Andrew Russell a new deal. David Gold, one of our only players who seems to be capable of making an impact from the bench is released.

I'm sorry Colin, your letter was well-intentioned but you can stick it up your arse. Rewarding failure and lack of effort isn't the way to win fans around. Our only hope now is that some of our wasters reject deals so Cameron is forced to get off his fucking arse and find replacements.

Top post.

If anyone in the boardroom is still sitting on the fence over Cameron, then this should make their minds up.

i said in an earlier post that supporters need to see new players coming in to replace those that have failed and failed again. Rewarding mediocre players with new contracts is barking. It makes no sense and reinforces the impression of a manager whio simply has'nt got a scooby. New players - quality players - get supporters enthused and champing at the bit for the new season. Has-beens don't. Who wants to go along to Shielfield next season to watch a reprise of this season? Not many. And you can understand why.

Shambles from Cameron. He hasn't got a clue! From his statement the other day, to his choice of released players and players being kept. What the actual? Think we all agree on what players / positions should be kept and new brought in! Majority of those underachieving, not caring, uninterested shower of shite players should have been shown the door as soon as they got off the bus from Arbroath! As for Cameron, Brian should've just kicked him off in Kirkcaldy and told him no to come back. Clueless!

Archived