The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

On 7/8/2016 at 16:32, RabG1869 said:

We aren't having any friendlies. Couple of youth team games against non league teams and a testimonial at Auchinleck but no official friendlies unfortunately. Apparently because of the new league cup structure we are starting with that

ONE TEAM IN AYRSHIRE

Killie are coming to Beechwood Park on Sunday the 24th for a testimonial for three Talbot players. K/O is 2pm and is £5 entry £3 concession. Heard through the grapevine Killie are sending down a strong squad.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks
On 7/8/2016 at 15:24, bunglebonce said:

Have Killie played any friendlies yet, and are there hints of what the manager might think his first XI is?  It's probably too early to tell yet, but  I'm interested to see what experience will be in the team.

I'm guessing the following will probably be first picks at the start of the season:

• Jamie MacDonald
  • Miles Addison
  • Conrad Balatoni
  • Steven Smith
  • Gary Dicker
  • Kallum Higginbotham
  • Josh Magennis

And out of those, I'm guessing MacDonald, Addison, Dicker and Magennis are the guaranteed starters.

When listing it out there is more experience in the squad than I initially wondered, but it still seems to me to be a huge gamble to bring in so many inexperienced players.  Ross County did it slightly differently two years ago, but there were between four to six players who regularly started at the beginning of that season who had no experience of Scottish football, and boy did it show.  They might turn out to be really good signings, but I can't help but think the younger players are going to take a while to get to speed with the game,.  I'm not sure this season's Premiership will afford much time to settle before falling behind the pack.  Unless Hamilton and another are complete guff.

Kilmarnock's potential starting XI is probably the most difficult to decipher ahead of the new season with the 11 new signings coming in, but I would guess it would look something like this:

MacDonald

Cobain   Addison   Boyle   S Smith

Dicker   M Smith

Jones   Kiltie   McFadzean

Magennis

Jamie MacDonald is one of few obvious automatic starters in goals. With Mark O'Hara away to Dundee, right back is up for grabs between new recruits Jamie Cobain and Joshua Webb. Miles Addison is likely to be the first choice central defender partnered by one of Will Boyle and Jonathan Burn, while the departure of Kevin McHattie to Raith Rovers leaves the opportunity for Steven Smith to come back in at left back.

Central midfield is a bit of a guessing game. Martin Smith and Mark Waddington are two more new faces but it remains to be seen whether they are more defensive or attack minded players. I would hazard a guess that one of them would take over from Craig Slater occupying the role beside Gary Dicker. Greg Kiltie would seem to be an obvious first pick from what I've seen, while Jordan Jones and Callum McFadzean are wide men and as such likely to take over from the likes of Higginbotham and Obadeyi.

With so many new faces coming in, it remains to be seen how quickly they can gel. We have a few new players (not as many) - primarily in defence - so it should make for an interesting first league game of the season.

LC likes to play 442 so I'd guess that would be our formation. 

I'd hazard a guess that our line up will be: 

---------------MacDonald----------------

--Cobain--Addison--Boyle--Smith--

Magennis-Dicker-Smith-McFadzean

---------------------Kiltie-------------------

--------------------Coulibaly-------------

LC likes to play 442 so I'd guess that would be our formation. 

I'd hazard a guess that our line up will be: 

---------------MacDonald----------------

--Cobain--Addison--Boyle--Smith--

Magennis-Dicker-Smith-McFadzean

---------------------Kiltie-------------------

--------------------Coulibaly-------------

Kiltie on the Wing with Magennis up top with Coulibaly and I'd say your spot on

Killie are coming to Beechwood Park on Sunday the 24th for a testimonial for three Talbot players. K/O is 2pm and is £5 entry £3 concession. Heard through the grapevine Killie are sending down a strong squad.

It will be the development squad only mate, still a few of the new signing should make an appearance

The deal would have been done already had the lad not picked up a knock playing for England U19s a fortnight ago.... it's not as bad as first feared so Newcastle are happy  to loan him to us as they won't loan him out to a club in the Championship.

Benitez has named a 26-man party for the County Kildare-based camp, which will conclude with a friendly against Bohemian on Saturday, 16th July (2pm kick-off).

Summer signings Jesus Gamez, Matt Ritchie, Dwight Gayle and Matz Sels are all included in the travelling squad, while youngsters Adam Armstrong , Rolando Aarons , Kevin Mbabu, Jamie Sterry and Paul Woolston are also involved.

On 7/11/2016 at 13:43, C4mmy31 said:

It will be the development squad only mate, still a few of the new signing should make an appearance

It's on the Talbot website that Killie are treating the match as a pre-season and are bringing a squad of 24 as well as Lee Clark and Lee McCulloch.

11 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

It's on the Talbot website that Killie are treating the match as a pre-season and are bringing a squad of 24 as well as Lee Clark and Lee McCulloch.

We play Morton on the 23rd, Berwick on the 26th and Albion on the 30th all in the League cup. I can't see Lee Clark risking many players for a game against auchinleck in the middle of those games. 

"Why spend two minutes shitting yourself on a rollercoaster, when you can spend a whole season shitting yourself at Rugby Park as we once again desperately try to cling on to our Premiership status" 

should actually be on every official Kilmarnock press release, IMO.

Edited by Deeboy
Autocorrect is a cùnt.

14 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

Aye 24 kids with maybe the likes of Balatoni and others that are transfer listed. 

Back row L-R - ????, Burn, Magennis, McDonald, MacKay, Davies,  Waddington, Burjaj and Alex McQueen

Middle row - Billy Thompson, Lee McCulloch, M Smith, Boyle, Cobain, Dicker, Webb, Boyd, Peter Leven, Dr Andrew White and ???? 

Front row - Frizzell, McKenzie, Jones, Kiltie, S Smith, Lee Clark, Addison, Coulibaly, McFadzean and Taylor

Any news on Kallum Higginbotham to See Inverness Caley because you guys have gone quiet on this and our transfer thread (by us I mean Caley lol) ever since the Scott Burns geezer tweeted about our interest?

Feel free to pm me with an update.

6 hours ago, Mahonio said:

Any news on Kallum Higginbotham to See Inverness Caley because you guys have gone quiet on this and our transfer thread (by us I mean Caley lol) ever since the Scott Burns geezer tweeted about our interest?

Feel free to pm me with an update.

Update: 

Spoiler

He's dugshite.

On 14 July 2016 at 00:49, C4mmy31 said:

Back row L-R - ????, Burn, Magennis, McDonald, MacKay, Davies,  Waddington, Burjaj and Alex McQueen

Middle row - Billy Thompson, Lee McCulloch, M Smith, Boyle, Cobain, Dicker, Webb, Boyd, Peter Leven, Dr Andrew White and ???? 

Front row - Frizzell, McKenzie, Jones, Kiltie, S Smith, Lee Clark, Addison, Coulibaly, McFadzean and Taylor

Middle row - Kevin McNeill, kitman.