The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Guest Moomintroll
Celtic Rangers Hibs Hearts Aberdeen and if attendances are anything to go by then Dundee

Attendances, yes that old method of determining hierarchical meritocracies. To be fair Dundee have as good a claim as we do to the next slot and I will never have the time and inclination to work it out, but this odd obsession with linking crowd numbers to actual sporting achievement has to stop.

13 minutes ago, Topscot said:

Finished 2nd more than once and played champions league football while Killie struggled in the bottom half as they always have in my lifetime

As well you know, you win f**k all in 2nd place, sunshine.

1 hour ago, Topscot said:

Finished 2nd more than once and played champions league football while Killie struggled in the bottom half as they always have in my lifetime

You must be about ten then, well past your bedtime young whippersnapper. 

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

I'd still have St Johnstone a 'tier' below Killie and Motherwell. They've obviously had an excellent decade or so, but their overall history, fanbase etc is lacking compared to those two clubs.

I'd probably go with this sort of tier structure:
Celtic & Rangers
Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs
Dundee United & Dundee
Killie & Motherwell
Dunfermline, Falkirk, Thistle, St Johnstone, St Mirren
ICT, Hamilton, Morton, Raith, County

After that I can't really be bothered working out who is bigger or diddier than the rest. You've also got the wildcards like Dumbarton, Clyde and East Fife who are obviously small clubs these days but have historical success.

Edited by Nightmare

I think it was a cracking appointment by Killie. Their fans should just enjoy having him in the role and not already have the fear of losing him to a bigger club.

Let's be honest, if he left to join a bigger club it would mean he had been successful at Killie so it's a Win/Win.

Yeh I think both Dundee clubs (Utd for sure) have solid claims to be bigger than us.

Motherwell, St Johnstone and ourselves are much of a muchness.

This is pretty spot on. City clubs are historically more successful and probably have more potential.

The "my clubs is bigger than your club" chat when it comes to the likes to Motherwell/Killie/St Johnstone etc is cringey as f**k!

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

This is pretty spot on. City clubs are historically more successful and probably have more potential.

The "my clubs is bigger than your club" chat when it comes to the likes to Motherwell/Killie/St Johnstone etc is cringey as f**k!

Let's all just agree that we're all better than Accies.