The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

What's the deal with Kaiserslautern and Kilmarnock anyway? Guessing it's due to playing each other in the past? I'm off to Kaiserslautern for a game in a couple of weeks.

Played one another in the 1999/00 UEFA Cup and the supporters got on famously.  It really amazes me that it's been carried on for 20 years.

45 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Is that Irvine?

Biggest regret is not going to Germany for that game in 1999.   Had no holidays left of the year at the time. 

I was only 14, and there was absolutely nae chance of Estragon Sr taking us over to Germany for a football match...  The last time we played in Europe I was still only 16/17, and I've always vowed that the next time we qualified I'd definitely be there - admittedly I'd prefer a jaunt to western Europe over Kazakhstan or something, but having waited 17 years to date, I'm still adamant about joining them.

6 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I was only 14, and there was absolutely nae chance of Estragon Sr taking us over to Germany for a football match...  The last time we played in Europe I was still only 16/17, and I've always vowed that the next time we qualified I'd definitely be there - admittedly I'd prefer a jaunt to western Europe over Kazakhstan or something, but having waited 17 years to date, I'm still adamant about joining them.

Now I have retired I will definitely go should we qualify for Europe again - albeit I think we are a few years away from that  possibility yet.  Hopefully I would be able to go with my daughter.

Why don't Accies want to play us?....

Steve Clarke has expressed his frustration at Kilmarnock's two January midweek postponements after revealing the club's request to face Hamilton next week had been turned down.

Killie hoped December's rearranged Premiership match could take place in the final days of January with Accies seeing their match with St Johnstone cancelled due to Scottish Cup replays.

Having lost home games against Saints and Dundee due to cup clashes, Clarke had aimed to fill the time with another league match before facing league leaders Celtic.

With the request turned down by Hamilton, Clarke was asked if he was worried about the fixture backlog.

He said: "Not having the St Johnstone game is OK – but to lose the Dundee game too is what frustrates me.

"It's a situation that could be easily avoided by having just one replay date and everybody should play on it.

"Then we wouldn't have the situation where we have lost two league games to cup replays.

"Fixture congestion is now something that concerns me because our game at Hamilton was called off last month so we now have three fixtures to fit in.

"There is already a midweek schedule for the end of February – we play Hearts on a Tuesday night – then there is a two-week international break.

"Then these three postponed games will need to be put in before the split. It's a little bit troubling that we don't have dates for them.

"I believe we asked Hamilton to play next week because their game against St Johnstone has been called off. But Hamilton didn't want to play which I find strange, but there you go. We'll just need to find the dates and squeeze the games in as we can.

"Whoever schedules the matches needs to have a good look at how this happens. The SFA and the SPFL have to come together and work out the best way to fit these fixtures in. Certainly one replay date would save some confusion."

I think Clarke is talking a load of shite re the replays. All replays are to be played this midweek coming, all the rearranged fixtures (which ours was and is still is) were to be played this midweek just past. It meant that if our game had gone ahead  midweek as planned, we could play on the designated replay slots next week if required.

Kilmarnock have been victims of horrendous misfortune with how things have landed and he's right to be miffed about Accies though.

Edited by Kyle

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I think Clarke is talking a load of shite re the replays. All replays are to be played this midweek coming, all the rearranged fixtures (which ours was and is still is) were to be played this midweek just past. It meant that if our game had gone ahead  midweek as planned, we could play on the designated replay slots next week if required.

Kilmarnock have been victims of horrendous misfortune with how things have landed and he's right to be miffed about Accies though.

No they werent Fraserborough V *** has been rearranged for next midweek so your theory is incorrect.

Just now, killiemilan said:

No they werent Fraserborough V *** has been rearranged for next midweek so your theory is incorrect.

That’ll be for the purposes of tv. Sky or the bbc or someone will have the rights to a live game on that date.  

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That’ll be for the purposes of tv. Sky or the bbc or someone will have the rights to a live game on that date.  

Doesnt look like all the dates were arranged around TV at all.I did think that too initially.10 of the 16 games would have been rearranged for this coming week if they had been postponed.Details below.There appears to be no reason at all behind the dates proposed by the SFA

Aberdeen v St Mirren

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 12.15pm, Pittodrie Stadium

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Pittodrie Stadium
Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, St Mirren Park

Albion Rovers v St Johnstone

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Cliftonhill Stadium

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Cliftonhill Stadium

Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, McDiarmid Park

Alloa Athletic v Dundee United

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Indodrill Stadium
Date of a postponement: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Indodrill Stadium
Date of a replay: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm Tannadice Stadium

Ayr United v Arbroath

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Somerset Park
Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Somerset Park 

Date of a replay: Wednesday 31 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Gayfield Park

Celtic v Brechin City

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Celtic Park
Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Celtic Park
Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Glebe Park

Dundee v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Dens Park
Date of a postponement: Wednesday 31 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Dens Park

Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Tulloch Caledonian Stadium

Dunfermline Athletic v Greenock Morton

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, East End Park

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, East End Park

Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Cappielow Park

East Fife v Brora Rangers

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Bayview Stadium
Date of a postponement: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Bayview Stadium
Date of a replay: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Dudgeon Park

Formartine United v Cove Rangers

Friday 19 January 2018, kick-off 8pm, North Lodge Park
Date of a postponement: Wednesday 31 January 2018, kick-off 8pm, North Lodge Park

Date of a replay: Wednesday 31 January 2018, kick-off 8pm, Harlaw Park

Fraserburgh v Rangers

Sunday 21 January 2018, kick-off 12 noon, Bellslea Park

Date of a postponement: Wednesday 31 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Bellslea Park

Date of a replay: Wednesday 31 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Ibrox Stadium

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian

Sunday 21 January 2018, kick-off 2.05pm, Tynecastle Stadium

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Tynecastle Stadium

Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Easter Road

Kilmarnock v Ross County

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Rugby Park

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Rugby Park
Date of a replay: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Global Energy Stadium

Livingston v Falkirk

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Tony Macaroni Arena

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Tony Macaroni Arena

Date of a replay: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Falkirk Stadium

Motherwell v Hamilton Academical

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Fir Park

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Fir Park

Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, New Douglas Park

Peterhead v Dumbarton

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Balmoor Stadium

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 23 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Balmoor Stadium

Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Your Radio 103 FM Stadium

Queen of the South v Partick Thistle

Saturday 20 January 2018, kick-off 3pm, Palmerston Park

Date of a postponement: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, Palmerston Park
Date of a replay: Tuesday 30 January 2018, kick-off 7.45pm, The Energy Check Stadium

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Why don't Accies want to play us?....

Steve Clarke has expressed his frustration at Kilmarnock's two January midweek postponements after revealing the club's request to face Hamilton next week had been turned down.

Killie hoped December's rearranged Premiership match could take place in the final days of January with Accies seeing their match with St Johnstone cancelled due to Scottish Cup replays.

Having lost home games against Saints and Dundee due to cup clashes, Clarke had aimed to fill the time with another league match before facing league leaders Celtic.

With the request turned down by Hamilton, Clarke was asked if he was worried about the fixture backlog.

He said: "Not having the St Johnstone game is OK – but to lose the Dundee game too is what frustrates me.

"It's a situation that could be easily avoided by having just one replay date and everybody should play on it.

"Then we wouldn't have the situation where we have lost two league games to cup replays.

"Fixture congestion is now something that concerns me because our game at Hamilton was called off last month so we now have three fixtures to fit in.

"There is already a midweek schedule for the end of February – we play Hearts on a Tuesday night – then there is a two-week international break.

"Then these three postponed games will need to be put in before the split. It's a little bit troubling that we don't have dates for them.

"I believe we asked Hamilton to play next week because their game against St Johnstone has been called off. But Hamilton didn't want to play which I find strange, but there you go. We'll just need to find the dates and squeeze the games in as we can.

"Whoever schedules the matches needs to have a good look at how this happens. The SFA and the SPFL have to come together and work out the best way to fit these fixtures in. Certainly one replay date would save some confusion."

In reference to your opening question

Hamilton are just exerting some authority over you minnows.We are now an established Premiership club and do not feel obligated to agree to your request.

Good night.

In reference to your opening question
Hamilton are just exerting some authority over you minnows.We are now an established Premiership club and do not feel obligated to agree to your request.
Good night.

http://www.killiefc.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_01/Screenshot_2018-01-26-13-20-40.png.c185f8739b1837bcc844d5df5dccf654.png

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Good image of messiah Clarke on an imaginary phone to Jose.

Hi Jose it's SC here just a quick call on my imaginary mobile to inform you task 1 has been an outright success, I have managed to convince these gullible Kilmarnock fans that we are becoming a force within the game in Scotland. Task 2 is now in progress, to convince the gullible hordes I'm committed to staying at this tin pot club, I even stated at the recent AGM I'm going nowhere, when the reality is if the SFA offer me the national job it will be adios Kilmarnock FC.