The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I'm sure I would have received a different answer if I asked this question 5 months ago but still;

What positions do you think we need to look to strengthen in the summer?

I'm thinking:

A central defender to replace Greer/ Boyd

A right back to provide competition for SOD

A left back who is both taller/ better defender than Taylor

2 central midfielders (considering  Mulumbu/ Dicker/ McKenzie/ Kiltie/ Tishbola are all out of contract)

And 2 strikers ( 1 goalscorer and a support striker) Boyd isn't going to last forever and I'm not 100% convinced on Brophy though he has done an excellent job.

When push comes to shove, there is going to be a large overhaul of the squad come the summer. I'd guess 7/8 new signings which isn't always a good thing.

I think I'm in love with big Youssouf:

Youssouf Mulumbu urges Kilmarnock teammates to target Europe and insists Steve Clarke's men fear no-one

Killie moved into the top-six of the Scottish Premiership with victory over Motherwell but their star man Mulumbu believes they can go further and finish in the top four.

Youssouf Mulumbu helped Kilmarnockgatecrash the top six with another stellar show and urged his team-mates to reach for the stars by aiming for European football next season. 

The DR Congo midfielder underlined his reputation as perhaps the signing of the Scottish season by pulling the strings on Saturday as Killie beat Motherwell to leapfrog them into the top half of the table.

And Mulumbu is convinced if they can maintain the form that seen them lose just three games in the 18 since Steve Clarkearrived, there’s no reason why they can’t secure a top-four berth.

He said: “We showed we can fight to be in the top six and we showed we can maybe go further. Top four could get us into Europe – you need to dream and when you have the quality this group has, you can beat any team.

“We’ve shown that. We beat Celtic, we beat Rangers, we drew over there against them. We’re not afraid of anyone, we just have to keep competing.”

Whether the 31-year-old former West Brom and Norwich player will be around next season remains to be seen. His displays almost earned him a move to French giants Bordeaux on the last day of the transfer window and such has been his level of performance there will be a queue for his signature at the end of the season.

For the moment though, Mulumbu is loving life where he is – and admits he’s been hugely surprised by the quality of the Scottish game.

Asked if he was disappointed when the Bordeaux deal didn’t work out, he said: “There were mixed emotions. It was a big team in France but I’ve been doing well since I came here and didn’t want to let my team down.

“When the deal was cut, I wasn’t too down. Maybe something better is going to come.

“We keep winning here and I am just looking forward to seeing what we can do. The main thing is to make this team progress and that is what is happening right now.

“You can see the confidence among the players. You can see what the coach has put in the team. When teams come and play at Rugby Park, it will be a bit with fear.

“When you play against Celtic or Rangers it is easier with motivation because you are playing against a big team. But my performance against Motherwell showed I just want to play, to enjoy it and show who I am.

“People were saying I was finished and I am old but you see me sprinting, tackling and going box-to-box. If I can keep doing you never know what can happen. I am enjoying every game here and every training session.

“You know more players from Rangers and Celtic because they are famous clubs. But I am more surprised by the way Partick Thistle and Dundee want to play, for example. Aberdeen and Hibs have some very good players.

“It makes me the think the league is underestimated by people.”

Mulumbu also revealed he wasn’t surprised to still have Clarke as his gaffer, after the SFA’s decision to name Alex McLeish as Scotland manager.

He added: “I don’t see him as a national coach. He’s someone who likes to teach every day. He’s doing well with Kilmarnock and who knows where he’s going to go?”

Nowhere soon, is the hope of Killie fans. Same goes for Mulumbu.

8 hours ago, dumpweed said:

I'm sure I would have received a different answer if I asked this question 5 months ago but still;

What positions do you think we need to look to strengthen in the summer?

I'm thinking:

A central defender to replace Greer/ Boyd

A right back to provide competition for SOD

A left back who is both taller/ better defender than Taylor

2 central midfielders (considering  Mulumbu/ Dicker/ McKenzie/ Kiltie/ Tishbola are all out of contract)

And 2 strikers ( 1 goalscorer and a support striker) Boyd isn't going to last forever and I'm not 100% convinced on Brophy though he has done an excellent job.

When push comes to shove, there is going to be a large overhaul of the squad come the summer. I'd guess 7/8 new signings which isn't always a good thing.

I'd try and sign Findlay permanently if his contract is up at Newcastle. Covers left back and CB and getting better the more he plays. Another CB is needed tho, Scott Boyd can be a bombscare at times.  Personally think Taylor is a cracking wee defender but his height does mean he's targeted for long balls.

we'd need to replace Dicker/mulumbu definitely. Hopefully Wilson and Frizzell can make the step up to be first team regulars. I fancy Kiltie will get a new deal, mckenzie too.

I wouldn't change the strikers if i'm honest. Brophy Boyd and Erwin all under contract. I think Erwin will come good. Got Cameron coming through as backup, Jones and Kiltie options up there if they're still around

Realistically only 2/3 quality signings are required and a few peripheral back up ones. 

I think I'm in love with big Youssouf:
Youssouf Mulumbu urges Kilmarnock teammates to target Europe and insists Steve Clarke's men fear no-one

Killie moved into the top-six of the Scottish Premiership with victory over Motherwell but their star man Mulumbu believes they can go further and finish in the top four.

Youssouf Mulumbu helped Kilmarnockgatecrash the top six with another stellar show and urged his team-mates to reach for the stars by aiming for European football next season. 

The DR Congo midfielder underlined his reputation as perhaps the signing of the Scottish season by pulling the strings on Saturday as Killie beat Motherwell to leapfrog them into the top half of the table.

And Mulumbu is convinced if they can maintain the form that seen them lose just three games in the 18 since Steve Clarkearrived, there’s no reason why they can’t secure a top-four berth.

He said: “We showed we can fight to be in the top six and we showed we can maybe go further. Top four could get us into Europe – you need to dream and when you have the quality this group has, you can beat any team.

“We’ve shown that. We beat Celtic, we beat Rangers, we drew over there against them. We’re not afraid of anyone, we just have to keep competing.”

Whether the 31-year-old former West Brom and Norwich player will be around next season remains to be seen. His displays almost earned him a move to French giants Bordeaux on the last day of the transfer window and such has been his level of performance there will be a queue for his signature at the end of the season.

For the moment though, Mulumbu is loving life where he is – and admits he’s been hugely surprised by the quality of the Scottish game.

Asked if he was disappointed when the Bordeaux deal didn’t work out, he said: “There were mixed emotions. It was a big team in France but I’ve been doing well since I came here and didn’t want to let my team down.

“When the deal was cut, I wasn’t too down. Maybe something better is going to come.

“We keep winning here and I am just looking forward to seeing what we can do. The main thing is to make this team progress and that is what is happening right now.

“You can see the confidence among the players. You can see what the coach has put in the team. When teams come and play at Rugby Park, it will be a bit with fear.

“When you play against Celtic or Rangers it is easier with motivation because you are playing against a big team. But my performance against Motherwell showed I just want to play, to enjoy it and show who I am.

“People were saying I was finished and I am old but you see me sprinting, tackling and going box-to-box. If I can keep doing you never know what can happen. I am enjoying every game here and every training session.

“You know more players from Rangers and Celtic because they are famous clubs. But I am more surprised by the way Partick Thistle and Dundee want to play, for example. Aberdeen and Hibs have some very good players.

“It makes me the think the league is underestimated by people.”

Mulumbu also revealed he wasn’t surprised to still have Clarke as his gaffer, after the SFA’s decision to name Alex McLeish as Scotland manager.

He added: “I don’t see him as a national coach. He’s someone who likes to teach every day. He’s doing well with Kilmarnock and who knows where he’s going to go?”

Nowhere soon, is the hope of Killie fans. Same goes for Mulumbu.

I don’t just think it, I know it. Man love for Mulumbu.

3 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

I'd try and sign Findlay permanently if his contract is up at Newcastle. Covers left back and CB and getting better the more he plays. Another CB is needed tho, Scott Boyd can be a bombscare at times.  Personally think Taylor is a cracking wee defender but his height does mean he's targeted for long balls.

we'd need to replace Dicker/mulumbu definitely. Hopefully Wilson and Frizzell can make the step up to be first team regulars. I fancy Kiltie will get a new deal, mckenzie too.

I wouldn't change the strikers if i'm honest. Brophy Boyd and Erwin all under contract. I think Erwin will come good. Got Cameron coming through as backup, Jones and Kiltie options up there if they're still around

Realistically only 2/3 quality signings are required and a few peripheral back up ones. 

Is Dicker for the off at the end of this season?

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Is Dicker for the off at the end of this season?

Nothing's been announced as far as I'm aware, but I think his family are still based in England.  It's been pretty much accepted by any supporters I've spoken to that he'll be going at the end of his contract.  Who can say for sure though - got to expect the unexpected with Killie at the moment.

On the subject of Youssouf, this is from a post on Killie Kickback this morning. If true, personally I've not read anything I can recall, then the ball is firmly in the fans court.....

If we want to keep him longer  (which we obviously do) we need to get more season tickets sold!  Can't remember where I saw it but did BB not say if we got another 1000 season tickets sold he could make him a better offer? So if Killie fans want to see his standard play at RP we all need renew early and get more to buy in!

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

On the subject of Youssouf, this is from a post on Killie Kickback this morning. If true, personally I've not read anything I can recall, then the ball is firmly in the fans court.....

If we want to keep him longer  (which we obviously do) we need to get more season tickets sold!  Can't remember where I saw it but did BB not say if we got another 1000 season tickets sold he could make him a better offer? So if Killie fans want to see his standard play at RP we all need renew early and get more to buy in!

Good luck with that, admittedly Kilmarnock have many more dormant fans than we have, but to motivate dormant fans to purchase a season ticket is a big ask, I'm actually sick going to away games at Kilmarnock and passing by coach loads of bigots going in opposite direction.

Good luck with that, admittedly Kilmarnock have many more dormant fans than we have, but to motivate dormant fans to purchase a season ticket is a big ask, I'm actually sick going to away games at Kilmarnock and passing by coach loads of bigots going in opposite direction.

They’re all just off the ferry big man, whilst a few will leave from Ayrshire the plastic brigade are just happy to walk around in last years strip and tell you all about how they’re huge bigots whilst watching the occasional game on the box.

55 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

They’re all just off the ferry big man, whilst a few will leave from Ayrshire the plastic brigade are just happy to walk around in last years strip and tell you all about how they’re huge bigots whilst watching the occasional game on the box.

Never thought of the ferrymen. I don't get guys going to that length to support a club, it's clearly a religion thing with them, and SFA to do with football.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:09, happyaccie said:

I'm actually sick going to away games at Kilmarnock and passing by coach loads of bigots going in opposite direction.

There's not even one bus that leaves Killie for either Ibrox or Parkhead.  Not one supporters club.

There's one bus as far as i know for each team from the Ayr area that picks up in the town  but it's a handful of folk.  Obviously be folk that go on train etc but there isn't even 100s of folk that leave Killie each week to watch the bigots. 

As previously mentioned, you'll be passing buses from down south/borders/Ireland on the M77 I'd imagine.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

On 19/02/2018 at 15:09, happyaccie said:

A quick check on the official sevco supporters site reveals no flute flavoured clubs originate here, but funnily enough A*r has 2 and theres one from New Cumnock . 

‘As every football fan with an IQ over 3 knows that we don’t support the san giro mob as all chapels were burnt down during the reformation in Ayrshire . Spread the word 

There's not even one bus that leaves Killie for either Ibrox or Parkhead.  Not one supporters club.

There's one bus as far as i know for each team from the Ayr area that picks up in the town  but it's a handful of folk.  Obviously be folk that go on train etc but there isn't even 100s of folk that leave Killie each week to watch the bigots. 

As previously mentioned, you'll be passing buses from down south/borders/Ireland on the M77 I'd imagine.

There are at least 2 and on occasion 3 buses leave from the Celtic No.1 supporters club in Irvine most Saturday's mate. It used to make me sick watching them pass the Turf corner while waiting on the service 11 bus into Killie.

25 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

There are at least 2 and on occasion 3 buses leave from the Celtic No.1 supporters club in Irvine most Saturday's mate. It used to make me sick watching them pass the Turf corner while waiting on the service 11 bus into Killie.

I  was referring to Kilmarnock as a town.

I was actually in there for a wake the other month. Place is fucking huge.

29 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

As a general rule then you would say that Kilmarnock's gates are not woefully effected by people from the town supporting the OF filth? Just wish the locals in Hamilton were of the same view, the pub we have a bus leave from for away matches the Academical vaults also has a regular bus which leaves for septic games also it really boils my piss.

58 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

As a general rule then you would say that Kilmarnock's gates are not woefully effected by people from the town supporting the OF filth? Just wish the locals in Hamilton were of the same view, the pub we have a bus leave from for away matches the Academical vaults also has a regular bus which leaves for septic games also it really boils my piss.

We get about 10% of the population of the town watching us each home game. That said, not all of he 4,000 or whatever live/come from Killie.

I'm born and bread North Ayrshire and we pull a lot of fans from Irvine, Saltcoats etc.

Accies is one I can't figure out, there's been games recently when we've been there when we've had a similar crowd in our end as Accies have in the home end. I know Accies give away a lot of tickets etc but locals still can't be arsed.

As you say, we've a dormant support. It's starting to waken though (5k midweek vs Hibs etc) but Accies don't seem to have that. Even the Hibs play off game your support was tiny home and away. We played Hibs the week before in a game that wasn't even a play off and had the guts of 3,000 through in Edinburgh for a 1pm kick off.

Feel sorry for those who go each week, much be infuriating as Hamilton has a decent catchment area albeit close to Glasgow like us.

Edited by Squirrelhumper