The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Where do Killie fans realistically see this going? Cup this season and top 3 next?

I know it’s cliche... But with Clarke, I feel that the sky really is the limit here! Top 3 is a good possibility, but with the way we have been playing recently, anything could happen!

I know it’s cliche... But with Clarke, I feel that the sky really is the limit here! Top 3 is a good possibility, but with the way we have been playing recently, anything could happen!

I appreciate what your saying but things are now stale here for us, only option is joining EPL or forcing UEFA to start a European super league so we reach our true level.

At the moment I'll settle for beating Aberdeen tomorrow

I think it depends on how we start next season. There could be a lot of movement in the summer, but surely they would want to stay and do something worthwhile with a manager who can excel their careers.

Few additions and a flying start and we could do anything.

49 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Don't you feel a bit agrieved that Canning couldn't see his potential. He's a cracking wee striker. His goals per mins played is now better than Boydies.

I honestly don't think his potential was an issue, there was a huge clash of personality between Canning & Brophy, whether that resulted in Brophy basically going through the motions in his last 12 months at NDP, I personally don't know. Brophy has always had an eye for goal so I'm not surprised how many he has scored with you, I think the most noticeable thing about Brophy is he has bulked up considerably and I think that could have a bearing on his development.

If you asked me am I angry he's not still at NDP, this may surprise you but if you had watched him in his last 12 months with us you would have let him go also.

I honestly don't think his potential was an issue, there was a huge clash of personality between Canning & Brophy, whether that resulted in Brophy basically going through the motions in his last 12 months at NDP, I personally don't know. Brophy has always had an eye for goal so I'm not surprised how many he has scored with you, I think the most noticeable thing about Brophy is he has bulked up considerably and I think that could have a bearing on his development.
If you asked me am I angry he's not still at NDP, this may surprise you but if you had watched him in his last 12 months with us you would have let him go also.

He was just needing a new challenge and to feel loved. He’s getting both here.

8 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

He was just needing a new challenge and to feel loved. He’s getting both here.

That may seem funny but in actual fact it's spot on, from the information I was made aware of by someone with no connection to the club, but someone who knew Brophy he said that he was losing his desire to succeed in the game, he also said in his opinion Brophy had a need to be valued, looks like he may be getting that at Kilmarnock, I bear him no I'll will and hope he has a good career.

On 09/03/2018 at 14:00, CLANCY2KTID said:

Pretty sure Clarke has already said he fully intends to see out his 2 and half year deal then pass the reigns to Dyer, don't think there's any chance that he'll change his mind and stay after his deal is up, family still stay down south.

Just have to hope he's good to his word and does see it out. 

I thought SSC said he would fulfill his contract and wanted to ensure there was a legacy and a long term plan in place as opposed to Dyer automatically becoming the boss? In many ways it doesnt matter as we really do trust  Mr Clarke to do the right thing for Killie. 

Just came here for a crowdwank lads. Was watching fan footage from the game last night. Must've been at least 10,000-11,000 Killie fans there. Some turnout. Is that 7,500 figure on Twitter complete pish or am I grossly overestimating the size of the stands?

Just came here for a crowdwank lads. Was watching fan footage from the game last night. Must've been at least 10,000-11,000 Killie fans there. Some turnout. Is that 7,500 figure on Twitter complete pish or am I grossly overestimating the size of the stands?
There are plenty of fans questioning the official attendance released by the club.  

In Killie's defence, the seats are so close together it's hard to tell if there were many empty ones between people in the East or Moffat top tier, looking on from the Frank Beattie.

Personally, based on the official attendance of 8998, It would have been interesting to have watched another 7000 attempt to find a seat in that stadium last night to sell it out.

10 hours ago, superwellfan said:

I'd say it was about correct. There was a large section of east (family section) that was scarce. 2 ends of Frank beattie had a couple of sections empty. The moffat was about a third full as was the chadwick.