The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

"However Rangers were given no encouragement on the matter and told the Killie boss had no interest in moving anywhere as he is 100 per cent committed to his current role."

100 per cent committed to his current role

Yaaas!

I'm hearing that Rangers have approached Lord Clarke for their managerial vacancy, but he knocked them back, hence why they're now pursuing their second choice, Stevie G.
Megic.

I always thought that the way these things are done with a manager under contract is to approach the club for permission to speak with individual concerned. These rancid stories that appear in The Rectum etc. make it sound like Sevco just doorstep folk with the exhortation “Want tae come tae oor club ?”
This also smacks of a “Did ye really, aye ?” moment.........

Beggars belief, so it does. Same old Sevco, always making an absolute c*nt of themselves. ????

1 hour ago, Fide said:

I'm hearing that Rangers have approached Lord Clarke for their managerial vacancy, but he knocked them back, hence why they're now pursuing their second choice, Stevie G.

Megic.

59 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I've no doubt that Clarke would knock us back and that he will want to stay at Killie for at least the full next season but I don't see think that this is approach is likely to have happened.

Kilmarnock would have made noise about it if it had actually happened. Just like they did with Jordan Jones.

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

I've no doubt that Clarke would knock us back and that he will want to stay at Killie for at least the full next season but I don't see think that this is approach is likely to have happened.

Kilmarnock would have made noise about it if it had actually happened. Just like they did with Jordan Jones.

It’s quite possible that the Daily Ranger made it up  but it’s also quite possible that it did happen this way . It was the MO of the old club who quite rightly thought they were a big one . The present incarnation certainly aren’t as can be seen from their actions on and off the pitch and it’s this that keeps adding so gloriously to the banter years .

1 minute ago, kennysmassiveego said:

It’s quite possible that the Daily Ranger made it up  but it’s also quite possible that it did happen this way . It was the MO of the old club who quite rightly thought they were a big one . The present incarnation certainly aren’t as can be seen from their actions on and off the pitch and it’s this that keeps adding so gloriously to the banter years .

It's quite likely Keith Jackson is just bitter that every story to do with us gets broken by other outlets far earlier.

I thought Boyd was absolutely shocking against Ayr in the cup but he's looked solid with an organised midfield in front of him when called upon. Happy to have him around as backup. Getting Findlay tied up next would be massive.

9 hours ago, Fide said:

Megic.

You must have some top sources, impressive stuff...

I'm needing some indoctrination tips from you I think.  I have a one year old son, and the likelihood is that he'll probably never live in a KA postcode - thick streak of Celtic runs through the other side of the family....it's already a cause for concern for me...

Just need to get him into it ASAP. I had mine in Killie tops from day he was born. He’s Killie daft and never lived in Ayrshire. A dads opinion is better than anyone’s if you ask me.

19 hours ago, steve55 said:

There goes the Celtic Myth lol

DbzRZrNXcAAT-q8.jpg

DbzQMMPXUAA0x6X.jpg

Can you imagine a player Chelsea sign for their first team squad these days driving a Vauxhall cavalier?! How times have changed.

Saw a bit of the Clarke interview on football focus and can't say I'd be surprised if he was away in the summer going by what he said about missing his life down south and the "you never know where football will take you..  enjoying it here at the moment" type stuff.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:04, PauloPerth said:

Can you imagine a player Chelsea sign for their first team squad these days driving a Vauxhall cavalier?! How times have changed.

Saw a bit of the Clarke interview on football focus and can't say I'd be surprised if he was away in the summer going by what he said about missing his life down south and the "you never know where football will take you..  enjoying it here at the moment" type stuff.

Next summer, perhaps.   He'll be Kilmarnock manager for season 2018/19, you can bet your gaff on that.

Just watched the highlights again, I don't know what needs to be done about Tshibola.  Admittedly, it's only a snapshot of the game - but goals 1 and 3 I think are preventable if he employs a bit more energy and commitment in his closing down.  I know it's rarely one person's fault, but this is something that I feel has been pretty observable in his game since he arrived.  You don't get time on the ball in Scotland, and there's an expectation that you can't give your opponents any either - I'm not sure how much it's going to take for him to learn this.