The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I for one cannot wait to see CraigKillie's seething rant about this one!

Fwiw. He's pretty shite.

That's unfair. Craig's dry statistical style can be occasionally boring, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him shite.

Not too bad a signing, however, what is with AJ and now Locke offering almost every new signing a 3 year contracts?

There will be clauses in it i'm sure. It might be we are offering less wages but longer term deals to players. Folk want stability.

Not too bad a signing, however, what is with AJ and now Locke offering almost every new signing a 3 year contracts?

There will definitely be clauses.

Like what Willie Gros and Sean Clohessy had.

Robinson is a decent signing for you IMO. He became a scapegoat at Hearts for certain fans and I'm still not 100% sure why tbh. He could get forward better, and used to be rash in the tackle but that improved as he got a bit older. He has a great work rate, use of the ball is pretty good and he never hides. Even if he's not having the best of games he is willing to take the ball.

He's still relatively young and if he can get a run of games it'll be hugely beneficial for him. I liked him and wish him well, apart from when up against us obviously.

Robinson was very poor in the top flight last season, and then hardly got a sniff of the Hearts team in the second tier last season. The guys who kept him out of the Hearts side - Gomis and Buaben - were hardly standout players themselves in this league last year.

He doesn't offer anything we don't already have in Slater, and it doesn't bode well for Locke's "quality over quantity" stuff if this is what he considers to be "quality". Clearly has zero in the way of contacts too - expect every signing to be an ex-Hearts player or somebody otherwise known in Scottish football.

Any thoughts on Ngoo linked with QoS?

I've barely seen him play this season, as long as you keep him away from pubs showing live football, gyms and injuries, he might actually get game time.

Any thoughts on Ngoo linked with QoS?

He'll only be with you until he can 'get back to Liverpool' apparently.

Comes with baggage. The very few times I saw him for Killie he seemed a bit Colin Nish, (not rhyming slang for pish), but no pace and the ability to jump under a ball. Nothing he did made me think he'd suit your system, in fact I think he's be a hindrance to your pace and work ethic.

On second thoughts maybe I do mean rhyming slang for pish.

impeccably wrong for Killies sake I think. Awful player, looked a possible for the future then faded very, very badly. Put in some utterly hopeless displays when with Leeds.

Disagree. Connolly and O'Dea would be a huge improvement on what we've had at centre half for quite a while.

Disagree. Connolly and O'Dea would be a huge improvement on what we've had at centre half for quite a while.

Yip, totally agree.

O'Dea maybe not a world beater but his experience would steady the ship.

And having 2 compotent centre halfs is what we've been missing for years and years.