The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Agreed, like the idea of an unemployed ticket, clubs should be doing everything they can to accommodate fans' needs. Keeping these guys while they're temporarily unemployed is far better than losing them forever. Going to the football is a habit, once you break it (and realise the amount of extra time and money you have as a result) it's very unlikely you'll ever go back on anything more than a fair weather basis.

Completely agree. The only reason you'd feel demonised would be if the tickets were available from the Daily Mail offices. Most right minded people in the country understand that we all go through tough times.

Kilmarnock sign midfielder, left full back and other striker for Locke want good pass football with who player to transfer

We signed a left back yesterday Craig. I'd imagine that Findlay and Carrick will be our whack, unless a good deal on someone became available towards the end of the transfer window.

We have two right backs (Barbour/Westlake), a left back (Smith), two players who can play at left back if needed (Barbour/Westlake) and two others that can fill in if needed (O'Hara/Hamill) as well as youngsters (Hawkshaw/Whittaker). If we bring in Findlay we'll have four recognised centre backs (Findlay/Connolly/Ashcroft/Syme) with O'Hara who can cover if needs be.

Now the relative merits of those players in those positions is debatable, so if you'd said that we might lack a bit of quality at the back, then I'd agree. But cover/competition for places? Disagree completely. A back four of Westlake, Connolly, Findlay, Smith is good enough for me going into the opening day.

You've kind of made my point for me there, QLP. One or two injuries and we're into "if needed" territory, and at least one of them (Barbour) seems to unite us in that he struggles to perform in his preferred position, let alone on the opposite side of the defence.

Let's just hope for fewer injuries than recent years, eh?

I'm happy to be paying £280 and have no qualms with the club offering an unemployed discount.

Most right minded people in the country understand that we all go through tough times.

Agreed, like the idea of an unemployed ticket, clubs should be doing everything they can to accommodate fans' needs.

Definitely. Anyone who would ridicule anyone else for being unemployed at the moment is a complete Reynard of the highest order. If we're going to be a community club again, it would be a good start to be helping out the less fortunate in our community.

Will we be expecting Findleys loan to be announced on moday?

And whats the deal with assistant manager now Jig seems to have fucked off

Think Leven will probably move up to assistant manager if another candidate can not be found.

Boyd has had a hair transplant.

Good on him, but always preferred him with a bald head and beard myself... :(

ETA link - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-striker-kris-boyd-undergoes-6011366

Edited by Quitongo's Left Peg