The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

So you think signing him as a player is a good move? I've clearly stated that he may well be an asset on the coaching side, and I'm fine with that aspect.

Do you really think that a player who had to resort to thuggery in order to make any kind of contribution in the second tier has anything to offer us on the playing side?

We've had many players from the Uglies over the years, mostly towards the end of their careers, but I struggle to think of any who were this close to finished. Add the fact that his nickname is "Elbows" for a damned good reason and he'd be unlikely to get away with his unique style of "competitiveness" playing for us, and that his fortieth birthday is just round the corner, and I simply can't see what he has to offer.

I've always loved a player whose commitment takes him over the line at times - from McDicken to Pascali,I, and many other fans I think, appreciate dedication to the team. Slamming opponents with your elbow as a matter of course, or throwing yourself to the floor to claim a penalty against Stirling, ffs, is something entirely different.

As a coach, he may well instill some backbone onto the players - I would hope that the majority would have the professionalism and self respect to keep their competitive nature on the right side of cheating.

We've had a few diving b*****ds in our time.

Ian Durrant was one of the best players I've ever seen at Rugby Park.

I welcome the dirty cheating b*stard. He's our dirty cheating b*stard now :D

Comparing Durrant to McCullough is like putting a well maintained Bentley next to a Sierra that's just failed its MOT. Absolutely ludicrous comparison.

This isn't about McCulloch. If he had been at Killie for 15 years, you would be putting him in the Pascali category.

No, this is actually about Rangers/Sevco/whatever. You really are bothered about them. You take football far, far too seriously.

The sooner you realise that there's no such thing as loyalty in football, that it's about a bunch of guys kicking an inflatable bit of leather into a net hanging over three bits of metal, the better for your enjoyment of what is JUST A GAME.

No, its about Killie and where the club is going. As I've already stated, he may well have plenty to offer on the coaching side. As a player, he's finished. Happy to be proved wrong, but I really don't believe I will be.

This debate about McCulloch is amusing . He's a Killie player now , a controversial one , but I can remember a few in my time that merited more comment .

The ex drug addict McLaren didn't turn out too bad an acquisition , Williamson took a punt on him .

McCoist and Durrant were coming to us to pad out their pension , they didn't turn out too bad either.

All we should ask is that he does his best for us and enjoy the de criers anguish at our foley should he bring something to the table

This debate about McCulloch is amusing . He's a Killie player now , a controversial one , but I can remember a few in my time that merited more comment .

The ex drug addict McLaren didn't turn out too bad an acquisition , Williamson took a punt on him .

McCoist and Durrant were coming to us to pad out their pension , they didn't turn out too bad either.

All we should ask is that he does his best for us and enjoy the de criers anguish at our foley should he bring something to the table

This.

Exactly this.

Comparing Durrant to McCullough is like putting a well maintained Bentley next to a Sierra that's just failed its MOT. Absolutely ludicrous comparison.

I wasn't comparing Durrant to McCulloch.

I was just saying that some people aren't happy because he's an ex rangers player and "one of them".

It's a ludicrous, outdated and a bigoted view to take just because of a team he used to play for.

Edited by cass316

Wasn't Boyd and Smith ex Rangers/Sevco players aswell, but they've been greeted with open arms.

Mcculock will not play unless very very extreme circumstances, so to start moaning about him been past it as a player, is a pish argument.

He is here to coach, what do we know of him as a coach, nothing. He could be the best bit of summer business or the worst bit. Give the man a chance.

If you remember John Hughes playing he was a horrible p***k, made Jig look like a gentleman, well has he not turned out to be a good coach.

Don't judge a book by its cover????????

I think we all know the real reason that WRK doesn't want McCulloch ;)

As others have said - I'll back him as he's a Killie player/member of staff now.

And as Taylor Swift said - "The haters gonna hate, hate, hate."

Aye, as others have said - like me. I just don't see what benefit he can bring as a player. Is that so difficult to understand?

I wasn't comparing Durrant to McCulloch.

I was just saying that some people aren't happy because he's an ex rangers player and "one of them".

It's a ludicrous, outdated and a bigoted view to take just because of a team he used to play for.

Indeed it is - care to enlighten us as to who holds this view?

So you think signing him as a player is a good move? I've clearly stated that he may well be an asset on the coaching side, and I'm fine with that aspect.

Do you really think that a player who had to resort to thuggery in order to make any kind of contribution in the second tier has anything to offer us on the playing side?

We've had many players from the Uglies over the years, mostly towards the end of their careers, but I struggle to think of any who were this close to finished. Add the fact that his nickname is "Elbows" for a damned good reason and he'd be unlikely to get away with his unique style of "competitiveness" playing for us, and that his fortieth birthday is just round the corner, and I simply can't see what he has to offer.

I've always loved a player whose commitment takes him over the line at times - from McDicken to Pascali,I, and many other fans I think, appreciate dedication to the team. Slamming opponents with your elbow as a matter of course, or throwing yourself to the floor to claim a penalty against Stirling, ffs, is something entirely different.

As a coach, he may well instill some backbone onto the players - I would hope that the majority would have the professionalism and self respect to keep their competitive nature on the right side of cheating.

You clearly watched more of their games last season than I did.