The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Unlucky lads, Tommy Wright hopes to offer Liam Craig a contract at some point during the next week. You came close.. but not close enough. In hindsight, Liam would never have joined our Meh Derby rivals anyway.

Thank the Lord! !

Is anyone else thinking that top 6 is a possibility this year??

Always have that pre season optimism that will evaporate but it will happen for us at some point in the next 3 years given that everyone has a 3 yr contract so stability must count for something

Look, the Boyd I saw score a 20 yard volley on the angle at Firhill isn't the Boyd of today. He doesn't have to be to hold down a starting place at Killie. But let's not pretend he hasn't peaked.

Of course he has peaked. He peaked when he was playing regularly for Rangers and Scotland about 8 years ago. He then had a couple of years of utter mince before returning it what was close to his best in his second spell at Killie. That was only one year ago - we're hardly talking about ancient history.

He had an utter shiter at Rangers last year, but so did basically everyone. He came back from that before, and I fully expect him to do so again. He's a confidence player and will thrive on being the focal point and on-field leader at Killie. He's also likely to become part of the coaching team in the medium term, and is perhaps even a future manager. Signing him was an absolute no-brainer.

I think Boyd is good enough to play at least another season in the Prem, but agree with a few that he is definately past his prime. Although it is remembered by everyone that his goals kept us up before he departed to rangers again, I still remember having £10 on him to score a hat trick against hearts away in that season and after scoring 2 fairly difficult chances he then put 3 chances -2 of them in the 6 yarder one just outside over the bar before being subbed with 20 to go.

If Boyd can get us 15 goals for the season that would be an amazing contribution since we do have some other potentual goal scorers. I think we could be the leagues dark horse this season. 7/1 for a top 6 finish is worth a punt.

I think Boyd is good enough to play at least another season in the Prem, but agree with a few that he is definately past his prime. Although it is remembered by everyone that his goals kept us up before he departed to rangers again, I still remember having £10 on him to score a hat trick against hearts away in that season and after scoring 2 fairly difficult chances he then put 3 chances -2 of them in the 6 yarder one just outside over the bar before being subbed with 20 to go.

If Boyd can get us 15 goals for the season that would be an amazing contribution since we do have some other potentual goal scorers. I think we could be the leagues dark horse this season. 7/1 for a top 6 finish is worth a punt.

I was in exact same boat as you, had a tenner on myself. Only game I remember him being subbed off in that season too, meaning he never did get another chance after his fluffed efforts!

Heading down to Queens tomorrow canny wait. Get a look a our new sqiad, see a killie legend again(fowler).

Having watched mcculoch's interview i'm surprised about how he talks about football. He seems to talk about expansive attacking football, from 1st team through to youth teams, again this could be fed to him by backroom/boardroom staff to say, but him and leven seem to be on the exact same lines as coaches, hopefully this resembles our proformances thos year.

Heading down to Queens tomorrow canny wait. Get a look a our new sqiad, see a killie legend again(fowler).

Having watched mcculoch's interview i'm surprised about how he talks about football. He seems to talk about expansive attacking football, from 1st team through to youth teams, again this could be fed to him by backroom/boardroom staff to say, but him and leven seem to be on the exact same lines as coaches, hopefully this resembles our proformances thos year.

I was talking to another Killie fan about this last night. I can't understand why so many people instantly correlate what someone is like as a player with their coaching ideals. Look at Mixu as a prime example - a towering target-man as a player, yet when he became a manager he wanted passing, free-flowing 'total football'. Then, AJ - a skillfull magician as a player, yet a long-ball merchant as a gaffer.

I posted earlier in this thread about McCulloch's part in the book written on Wigan, and he comes across very knowledgeable about the game in that too.

ETA link to the interview 'ki11ie' was referring to - http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/1324597-lee-mcculloch-kilmarnock-is-perfect-opportunity-to-start-coaching/

Edited by Quitongo's Left Peg

Was very impressed with us tonight, as was i with queens, both teams wanting to play football. Robinson, higgy and mckensie the stand out for me. Robinson does the unnoticed pish work. Higgy ran the show in the second half and mckensie was excellent and coming in off the wing. Findley looks a real player comfertable on the ball. Smith looks good going forward overlapped higgy alot. Maggenis was beyond uslesss tonight and would imagine carrick will take his place and would like to see mckensie up top again.

Looking forward to this season even more now, get it started canny wait.

Mon the killie

Was very impressed with us tonight, as was i with queens, both teams wanting to play football. Robinson, higgy and mckensie the stand out for me. Robinson does the unnoticed pish work. Higgy ran the show in the second half and mckensie was excellent and coming in off the wing. Findley looks a real player comfertable on the ball. Smith looks good going forward overlapped higgy alot. Maggenis was beyond uslesss tonight and would imagine carrick will take his place and would like to see mckensie up top again.

Looking forward to this season even more now, get it started canny wait.

Mon the killie

what about Hodge, Splaine and Hawkshaw

Highlights of last night's game...

:thumsup2 Cheers for the highlights. Queens look decent and should be lookin at playoffs.

Magennis had 2 chances with ball caught under his feet. You would like to think Boydy wouldve buried those chances. Mckenzie looked lively and took his goals well. Mcdonald shouldnt be beat at his near post like that.

:thumsup2 Cheers for the highlights. Queens look decent and should be lookin at playoffs.

Magennis had 2 chances with ball caught under his feet. You would like to think Boydy wouldve buried those chances. Mckenzie looked lively and took his goals well. Mcdonald shouldnt be beat at his near post like that.

It`s really MOTD Wannabee you should thank. I just spotted them on the QOS Thread on the championship forum and thought folk on this thread might like a link. MOTD Wannabee does all the work.

Highlights of last night's game...

Something I noticed on Saturday, and it's apparent in those highlights too, is the very high line our defenders seem to be taking. The first Queens goal came from being picked off after a ball in behind, and Berwick got a bit of joy when they did the same at the weekend. Findlay is fast, and Connolly isn't a slouch, but Barbour/Westlake/Smith aren't exactly rapid (DW the fastest) so to play such a high line is a risk.