The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Don't know if it's been mentioned but we've signed Dylan Pooler from you guys. A bit strange you released him given he has a good scoring record in the U20 league and has just turned 18.

Yeah I heard he'd signed wae yous... We shouldn't have released him IMO but the club will have their reasons

Don't know if it's been mentioned but we've signed Dylan Pooler from you guys. A bit strange you released him given he has a good scoring record in the U20 league and has just turned 18.

A great signing for use. Hopefully he can get some game time this season.

A great signing for use. Hopefully he can get some game time this season.

I've heard him compared to Robbie Muirhead which would be a bit of a coup for us of true. I don't reckon he'll be a starter this season but it's not outwith the realms of possibility that he'll get a crack from the bench.

I've heard him compared to Robbie Muirhead which would be a bit of a coup for us of true. I don't reckon he'll be a starter this season but it's not outwith the realms of possibility that he'll get a crack from the bench.

He's a great signing in terms of a development player, but I can't see the Muirhead comparisons myself. Robbie is big, gangly and has a powerful strike whereas Pooler is small, quick and a good finisher. Still don't understand why we let him go, maybe it was a case of him wanting more first-team football and St Mirren have promised him more of a chance? Best of luck to the kid though, an exciting player to watch.

He's a great signing in terms of a development player, but I can't see the Muirhead comparisons myself. Robbie is big, gangly and has a powerful strike whereas Pooler is small, quick and a good finisher. Still don't understand why we let him go, maybe it was a case of him wanting more first-team football and St Mirren have promised him more of a chance? Best of luck to the kid though, an exciting player to watch.

Not so much in stature, the comparison from b&w Army was that like Muirhead, he loves an early dig and will shoot on sight from a variety of angles rather than pass up an opportunity.

I'm sure we'll knock that out of him soon enough. But it's nice to see favourable comments about him.

Not so much in stature, the comparison from b&w Army was that like Muirhead, he loves an early dig and will shoot on sight from a variety of angles rather than pass up an opportunity.

I'm sure we'll knock that out of him soon enough. But it's nice to see favourable comments about him.

Hmmm... I've seen a lot of him and that wouldn't be the first thing I commented on about his game. In fact, he's quite the opposite. Pooler likes to link up play and go beyond the defence, rather than shoot from distance. Possibly someone saw him last night and he was simply trying too hard against his former club, but you'll see what I mean as the season goes on.

A technically gifted lad, that is probably more comfortable on the wing or in an attacking midfield role than as the lone striker. Hope he does well though.

We let him go as he was going into a contact on £450 a week, and this is 100% truthful as i know many boys who are mates with dylan. Personally i didn't see him making it at killie. But aw the bedt anyway.

Oh thistle fans higgy was really good tonight against barnsley. I'm really pleased to have him in my team.

Right, it was only a pre-season game. I'm happy to have signed him too, but we'll wait to see if he can replicate that form once the league campaign starts before rubbing salt in the wounds of Thistle fans.

It's hard to judge how we are going to set up in the new season when connolly wasn't playing.

What i took from the Barnsley game was that

Not the best of results but we moved the ball on the deck for the most part, even if some of the time it was sideways or backwards.

Findlay looks composed at the back

Westlake played well and got forward often

Higginbotham will be a player for us if fit. Chased lost causes and won the ball back in quite a few, had a couple of decent long range efforts and found a pass the majority of the time he made one.

Carrick and Kiltie looked dangerous when they came on.

We are drastically lacking in height and a bit of pace in the midfield however, the ball bounced over Hamill and Robinsons heads too often and the Barnsley players gave them the run around on occasion. Ohara is a taller player and might work well.

Saw Slater in the stands talking to Mr Mann, not sure if he was injured or not.

Not the best of results but we moved the ball on the deck for the most part, even if most of the time it was sideways or backwards.

We are drastically lacking in height and a bit of pace in the midfield however, the ball bounced over Low and McGowan's heads too often

I have taken your post and seamlessly made it an observation on the Dundee team.

Could be an interesting game next week if indeed Killie have abandoned punt and hunt and we both try and play this possession based style with our respective pygmy sized midfielders pulling all the strings. I suspect you may have the edge in that you have some natural width in Obadeyi and Johnston/Higginbotham (?) whereas we rely on our full backs for our attacking width which may leave nice gaps for your wide men....

I have taken your post and seamlessly made it an observation on the Dundee team.

Could be an interesting game next week if indeed Killie have abandoned punt and hunt and we both try and play this possession based style with our respective pygmy sized midfielders pulling all the strings. I suspect you may have the edge in that you have some natural width in Obadeyi and Johnston/Higginbotham (?) whereas we rely on our full backs for our attacking width which may leave nice gaps for your wide men....

got a 0-0 thriller written all over it

If he plays like he did in every other game he won't.

And that was my point. We need to find some way to use his skills, which can come in very handy in this league. If he continues to play like he did for long periods of last season then he won't be in the team, which would be a shame as we could do with being more aggressive. Channelling that side of his game is a challenge, but I hope we manage to do it.