The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Same here but he wasn't really trying or looking interested back then, thou in Kris's defence that would have been around the time of the tragic loss of his brother which he later admitted affected him more than most people realised.

Harsh to say he wasn't trying.

He was an easy target at the time and the club was in turmoil. Fans owe Boyd some real gratitude for what he has done for the club. Was terrible the level of abuse he was receiving at the start of last season.

Club legend who will hopefully be retained in some capacity come the end of the season.

17 minutes ago, Killie Alan said:

Looks as if Jordan jones is singing a precontract with the castlegrey scull mob. What a football ambition that is!!!

The Freddo Moreorless Triple Whammy conformance panel victory was a deciding factor in his decision, no more simulation suspensions for Jordan.

Jones has been a consistently excellent player for us over the last year and a half, and will be sorely missed if he leaves. However, I don't think he's irreplaceable - no player in the squad is, regardless of how good they are. It's hard to grudge him the opportunity to move on - we picked him up off the scrapheap and gave him the chance to prove himself, and he has seized that opportunity with both hands and has been a massive part of our recent resurgence. Like any player who goes to Rangers or Celtic, however, he will leave with nothing but my worst wishes.

2 minutes ago, BlueKillie said:

If he does then I wonder what type of reception he'll get from some of our support. Also wonder if he'll be played against them at the end of the month.

Can't begrudge him, but I won't be wishing him the best.

I can't see him lining up against Rangers in a couple of weeks time.

As posted on Kickback, 

Gutted he's going to my most hated team.  No issues with him personally. He grew up in NI where reality is you're either a rangers or Celtic fan. Has the chance to go to his team and make more money. Fair play.  Not what we need when we are up there challenging at the moment but we knew it was coming.  Ideally, I'd like to see him still play. He's easily one of our most dangerous players and anyone on here deriding his contributions now doesn't have a clue about football. I think the issue of him continuing to play is simpler than folk are making out. He has teammates (and friends) and a manager who I'm sure privately are discussing the possibility of the title and/or Europe. They won't accept anything less than 100%. If he gives it, great, he's still one of the first names on the team sheet. If he doesn't, he needs replaced. I don't think we have the personell in the squad to directly replace him and continue to play the way we do, so if that's the case I hope Clarke has something lined up. If he helps us to our best ever finish and then moves on, it'll be with best wishes. Any fans who get on his back now are just playing into the hands of rangers who will have succeeded in unsettling us. 

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

The very loudest of booooooos I’d hope.

I'd rather he just went now tbh, the pantomime of, will he wont he, be leaving has been going on for neigh on 13 months & has finally run its course..... he's not as irreplaceable as many seem to think & we will manage just fine without him, Steve Clarke will see to that.

Edited by C4mmy31

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I'd rather he just went now tbh, the pantomime of, will he wont he, be leaving has been going on for neigh on 13 months & has finally run its course..... he's not as irreplaceable as many seem to think & we will manage just fine without him, Steve Clarke will see to that.

Whilst I am not saying you are wrong, and I appreciate this is a very boring stance to take and if we all took this stance then discussion on places like this would be dead, I am quite happy to let the manager decide if he can trust him or not.

I'm pretty sure that Gerrard will have told him to ensure he keeps his form up and stays in our team if they don't take him right now.  He won't want to sign a guy who has sat in the stand for 5 months.

However, and this is an observation and not a criticism of JJ, he has played pretty poorly for us during the last couple of transfer windows as his head was being turned and I think he may drop down to 75% effort just because that is his nature. Again if that is the case I trust the manager to make the right call.