The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Certainly not shit stirring here,

So why did you feel the need to imply that people questioning the contract length were being overly negative?

The overriding reaction from Kilmarnock fans has been that of cautious optimism, as should be with any managerial appointment.

Remember that you don't speak for the Kilmarnock fans, you have an opinion of one, like I do. To say that you can gauge the overriding reaction of all fans is nonsense.

My opinion was that some feel the need to provide a negative comment on a day when we should be feeling optimistic about the future. Also no need to remind me that he's put teams out as interim manager, quite childish!

I heard that Pasca might be out for the rest of the season with ligament damage? Connolly still not fit and our slightly precarious position dangling above the playoffs means it's squeaky bum time or a few weeks! Does anyone know how long before Connolly is back?

Connolly is out for the season too.

Baws! We will go into the bottom 6 death matches with a back line who have an average age of 21. That's exactly what you need for those type of games! What about Chantler at least, will he be fit any time soon? I think we'll have to reconsider our recent cavalier formations and consider playing Jamie Hamill/Clingan and Slater as 2 holders to protect these boys, (and our ever dwindling points advantage). Back to hoofball and a 4-5-1 probably.

We need to get Barbour as far away from the team as humanly possible.

Looked promising when he first broke through but has been absolutely rotten all season.

When Chants is back I'd swap Westlake to RB as I feel he has a hell of a lot more to offer than Barbour.

Remember that you don't speak for the Kilmarnock fans, you have an opinion of one, like I do. To say that you can gauge the overriding reaction of all fans is nonsense.

My opinion was that some feel the need to provide a negative comment on a day when we should be feeling optimistic about the future. Also no need to remind me that he's put teams out as interim manager, quite childish!

Apologies for the late reply, not been on here since last week.

Also, apologies if you got the impression I believed I was speaking for the Kilmarnock fans. That most certainly was not the case, after all I'm neither Baz nor Hippo. I was going by the reactions on here, and possibly I should have been clearer in that.

You talk about me allegedly speaking for Killie fans in what I said, yet you say that "we should be feeling optimistic about the future." Not quite speaking for Kilmarnock fans, but telling them how they should and shouldn't be acting? FWIW, I think you're off the mark either way. Fans have every right to be cautious with the appointment of Locke. In albeit difficult circumstances he performed poorly at Hearts, and didn't fit into the mould that the club wanted post-Budge takeover. A mould that Jim Mann has spoken of taking on at Rugby Park.

He had to endure the 'one in, one out' rule at Tynecastle and let's be honest, he won't be dealing with a much different situation here in the summer. Players will have to leave before new ones are brought in and Mann's comments about GL having no money to spend say as much. So who did GL bring in at Hearts, when he finally was able to? Paul McCallum. Maybe it was just bad luck, but that's pretty much the only Locke transfer we can look at to judge him on.

I'm certainly not writing him off yet, even if his tactical decisions on Saturday were woeful, but simply expressing a concern that GL might not tick all the boxes that JM claims he does. I hope that these worries are completely unfounded, and Locke goes on to do very well at Kilmarnock. But to say that we should all be positive about the future, when there are still legitimate concerns to be had is the real childish outlook to have. Rather than those who voiced a genuine worry over GL's appointment, maybe your ire would have been better spent directed at those who claimed "I'll no be back 'til MJ isnae Chairman" - yet still didn't turn up on Saturday. Say what you like about Rangers fans, and there's plenty to say, but at least they stuck by their claims in terms of attendance.

He's had a poor season in the Championship according to Falkirk fans, so wouldn't take the risk. Surely there's better available somewhere in the world?

Yet again, he did have a good season with Hearts under Locke. You could blame the management for him being poor this season.

Moffat Stand to be closed next season. There will be two "family sections" in the East Stand, which will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If you're currently a ST holder you have until 7th May to reserve a place.

Yet again, he did have a good season with Hearts under Locke. You could blame the management for him being poor this season.

I can't believe that Jamie McDonald is the best 'keeper available in our price range. With Ngoo signing previously, and the rumoured signings of Robinson and now McDonald it seems Locke isn't going to be very proactive in our recruitment. At least Kenny Shiels looked outwith the box once in a while...

Moffat Stand to be closed next season. There will be two "family sections" in the East Stand, which will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If you're currently a ST holder you have until 7th May to reserve a place.

Good idea. Should get a better atmosphere with fans closer together. Hopefully prices don't change as the family deal was one of the best in the league. However I would suggest that we have a family section in West stand aswell. On tv moffat and west are on show and look empty majority of the time. Sticking fans in west might help with aesthetics.

Good idea. Should get a better atmosphere with fans closer together. Hopefully prices don't change as the family deal was one of the best in the league. However I would suggest that we have a family section in West stand aswell. On tv moffat and west are on show and look empty majority of the time. Sticking fans in west might help with aesthetics.

Knock it down and sell it for someone to build flats/offices on. We may as well, we've sold every other thing of value already.

Tbh Rugby Park is too big for us!! We only ever fill it on Derby Days and when a team wins the title there!! 18,128 is too much for us when our average is 5,000 odd I think!! 10,000/12,000 would be better and we could easily build a ground that looks better... My opinion but would like to see what everyone else thinks