The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I hope he's as big a banter signing as Kennedy & Watkins were when Don's fans were lining up to tell us they were rotten. 

I doubt anyone could allow for KVV pulling a muscle, on not one but two occasions, warming up to be brought on.

A disappointing loan but nobody get them right 100% of the time.

Matty Kennedy was terrible, first six months aside. Good for him if he's gone on to play well at Killie.

Watkins was very good at Aberdeen but far too injury prone and wasn't as good as Bojan or Duk.

KVV turned up looking fat for a start and played in a position where you already had cover. Was a strange signing at the time but it's one to expect from Derek.

A very good manager but he does make plenty of odd signings.

34 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Matty Kennedy was terrible, first six months aside. Good for him if he's gone on to play well at Killie.

He's played brilliantly before joining you, and then after.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

KVV turned up looking fat for a start and played in a position where you already had cover. Was a strange signing at the time but it's one to expect from Derek.

No we didn'"t, Vassell has needed a groin op since before Xmas and couldn't train between matches and Stewart needed a hernia op. That left us with Cameron as cover should we suffer any further injuries. 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

No we didn'"t, Vassell has needed a groin op since before Xmas and couldn't train between matches and Stewart needed a hernia op. That left us with Cameron as cover should we suffer any further injuries. 

Yet according to transfermarkt, he started one game?

Happy to defer to you, being closer to the situation, but from the outside looking in it happened as I've suggested.

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Watkins was very good at Aberdeen but far too injury prone and wasn't as good as Bojan or Duk.

Excellent trolling 👏

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yet according to transfermarkt, he started one game?

Because we couldn't keep KVV fit, if he had been, as DM said in a few pre match interviews, Vassell would have been sent for his operation and not have to struggle throu until the close season, sometimes requiring pain relief to be able to play. 

5 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Motherwell signing Theo Bair, who flopped at St Johnstone, could be classed as a strange signing.

Getting a guy on loan who had left this league 8 months earlier as the top scorer playing for Motherwell, regardless of how it all worked out, was not a strange signing.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Motherwell signing Theo Bair, who flopped at St Johnstone, could be classed as a strange signing.

Getting a guy on loan who had left this league 8 months earlier as the top scorer playing for Motherwell, regardless of how it all worked out, was not a strange signing.

I would suggest signing a player to play a position where you don't really have cover is less strange than signing for one where you do.

Especially when the player concerned is as good as van Veen.

10 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

You seem to be the only person that thinks all of these signings are odd. Maybe those expectations are the reason your club has been in the absolute mud for the past few seasons. 

Kennedy is a very good player at this level, came through the youth system at this club, and was free - fail to see how that’s odd. 

Watkins was a low risk gamble that paid off massively. His wages were cheap, and McInnes knew exactly what to expect from him - fail to see how that’s odd. 

KVV was the top scorer in the country last season, and was available to provide cover incase Vassel had to bite the bullet and get the op for the injury he played through for the entire season - fail to see how that’s odd. 

You also said Anderson doesn’t do the things DM wants to do, but from reports, he’s a pest that will run and hassle defenders all day, links well with others, and can get around 10 goals a season. Sounds exactly like a DM killie striker. 

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I would suggest signing a player to play a position where you don't really have cover is less strange than signing for one where you do.

Especially when the player concerned is as good as van Veen.

So by that logic, if you got the option to sign Kyogo tomorrow, you’d turn him down and go for Chris Kane instead because you’ve already got Miovski. Righty-o. 

17 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Maybe those expectations are the reason your club has been in the absolute mud for the past few seasons. 

I respect @DukDukGoose opinion on things but even I don’t think his opinion on Kilmarnocks signings have significantly impacted on aberdeens fortunes. 

36 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

You seem to be the only person that thinks all of these signings are odd. Maybe those expectations are the reason your club has been in the absolute mud for the past few seasons. 

Kennedy is a very good player at this level, came through the youth system at this club, and was free - fail to see how that’s odd. 

Watkins was a low risk gamble that paid off massively. His wages were cheap, and McInnes knew exactly what to expect from him - fail to see how that’s odd. 

KVV was the top scorer in the country last season, and was available to provide cover incase Vassel had to bite the bullet and get the op for the injury he played through for the entire season - fail to see how that’s odd. 

You also said Anderson doesn’t do the things DM wants to do, but from reports, he’s a pest that will run and hassle defenders all day, links well with others, and can get around 10 goals a season. Sounds exactly like a DM killie striker. 

I never saw Watkins and Kennedy were odd signings 🤣

Anderson's link play is not great and the reason he really needs to be part of a front 2. It's also why Derek didn't fancy him the first time around.

34 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

So by that logic, if you got the option to sign Kyogo tomorrow, you’d turn him down and go for Chris Kane instead because you’ve already got Miovski. Righty-o. 

Deary me.

To humour you, I wouldn't want Aberdeen to buy Kyogo to sit on the bench if we need to strengthen in other places. That's a million miles away from what I suggested though.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I never saw Watkins and Kennedy were odd signings 🤣

Anderson's link play is not great and the reason he really needs to be part of a front 2. It's also why Derek didn't fancy him the first time around.

Deary me.

To humour you, I wouldn't want Aberdeen to buy Kyogo to sit on the bench if we need to strengthen in other places. That's a million miles away from what I suggested though.

I can understand your anger, given how piss poor your season has been, papping the Ayrshire juggernaut oot the cup aside.  However, punching upwards at killie is not the answer. 

7 minutes ago, Fide said:

I can understand your anger, given how piss poor your season has been, papping the Ayrshire juggernaut oot the cup aside.  However, punching upwards at killie is not the answer. 

Good material. Shame you stole it from a Hearts fan.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

To humour you, I wouldn't want Aberdeen to buy Kyogo to sit on the bench if we need to strengthen in other places. 

Well we know where to place your football opinions from now on.

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Fortunately for him we basically always play a front two.