The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Just because we've signed absolute fucking dross doesn't mean spending money on McCrorie is any less of a bad deal.

39 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

RandomGuy spouting RandomNonsense.

You'll be telling us we paid £250k for Mayo next. 

I'd be more concerned as to why you've signed a 25 year old defender with even less SPL appearances than Mcrorie and the bulk of his 77 career appearances being the championship and English non league if i were you.

You’ll not be needing any dinner after a bite that big

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Unlikely anyone has seen him play, but he is one of a handful of very highly rated young guys in our youth team right now.

Plenty of folk watch the 18 s and have seen him play but as usual you spout your high and mighty rubbish.

Good luck to McCrorie. He came across really well in his interview and is obviously desperate to play.

He’s clearly been highly rated at Rangers from a young age but it’s unfair to have expected him to stick around with no real prospect this season of becoming the number 1.

2 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Plenty of folk watch the 18 s and have seen him play but as usual you spout your high and mighty rubbish.

I don't think it's high and mighty to say that most of our support will not have seen him play, the U18s hardly have thousands of people flocking to watch them even when they're good.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd be more concerned as to why you've signed a 25 year old defender with even less SPL appearances than Mcrorie and the bulk of his 77 career appearances being the championship and English non league if i were you.

All part of their new owners 50 year plan thou !!

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just because we've signed absolute fucking dross doesn't mean spending money on McCrorie is any less of a bad deal.

I’m definitely going to trust McInnes opinion over yours.  About half way through last season you were calling Joe Wright our best player.

ETA - and I fucking love big Joe.

Edited by Sortmeout

14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m definitely going to trust McInnes opinion over yours.  About half way through last season you were calling Joe Wright our best player.

ETA - and I fucking love big Joe.

I said my daft charts said that and asked opinions as I felt it was clearly wrong.

McInnes loses himself when gets money to spend, IMO. Soon as he gets a lot to spend he gets reckless, the standard doesn't improve, and he ends up stagnating as hes forced to cut back eventually.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I said my daft charts said that and asked opinions as I felt it was clearly wrong.

McInnes loses himself when gets money to spend, IMO. Soon as he gets a lot to spend he gets reckless, the standard doesn't improve, and he ends up stagnating as hes forced to cut back eventually.

I hope he stagnates us to multiple top 6 finishes and European campaigns like he did for Aberdeen.

Who would you have signed for the same  or less money (how much money was it?) out of the available goalkeepers who wanted to sign for us?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think it's high and mighty to say that most of our support will not have seen him play, the U18s hardly have thousands of people flocking to watch them even when they're good.

“ Unlikely anyone has seen him play “

20 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

“ Unlikely anyone has seen him play “

There's only a handful of Killie posters on here, didn't seem that unlikely. Happy to be wrong on that, so maybe you can tell the guy what type of player he is.

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Robby McCrorie confirmed on a 2 year deal for an undisclosed fee.

A great piece of business 👏 

One of the worst keepers I've seen at Livi, good luck :D 

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Who would you have signed for the same  or less money (how much money was it?) out of the available goalkeepers who wanted to sign for us?

Mitov was available for £200k, with no further clauses or buy back options, and a surprisingly low wage, for starters.

Regardless of whether you wanted McCrorie or not, you get him for absolutely nothing in 12 months and his situation won't have changed a bit.

He isn't close to good enough to justify the rush to get him.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mitov was available for £200k, with no further clauses or buy back options, and a surprisingly low wage, for starters.

Regardless of whether you wanted McCrorie or not, you get him for absolutely nothing in 12 months and his situation won't have changed a bit.

You've made a lot of assumptions here, so it's only right I respond with a few questions.... 

What if we paid less than £200k ?

What if there are no clauses or buy back options ?

How do you know McCrorie isn't on a lower wage than Mitov now?

He was supposidly on £5k a week at Ibrox and as DM said last night, he took a substantial cut in wages to kick start his career, he's backing himself if you like. 

What if he told Rangers he was signing a PCA with Killie come January and wouldn't be signing for anyone else. Who holds all the aces then ? 😉

Don't believe everything the press print or Gers fans claim because both clubs have confirmed hee haw except an undisclosed fee.

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

What if we paid less than £200k ?

What if there are no clauses or buy back options ?

I'm just letting you know you didn't and there is.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would Mitov have signed for us over Aberdeen though? 

I’m not going to pretend I’ve watched enough of McCrorie to say whether he is good enough or not but McInnes signing record for us is pretty good, we needed a goalkeeper and for clubs in our position you aren’t going to be signing the best of the best.

12 months ago Kilmarnock fans were really worried about Will Dennis after the League Cup and he ended up doing well.  The opposite is true for someone like Theo Bair - would you have said he was a good signing for Motherwell last year?

McInnes has done well enough for us that I would rather we signed players he thought were good enough instead of amateurs online.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just letting you know you didn't and there is.

Hard proof please. Oh and from a reputable source.

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, Pizzo said:

"Friendly" at the piggery tonight then.

Strange choice of opposition but as always I hope we bury them.

I think it’s a great choice as you’re guaranteed a competitive game.