The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

5 minutes ago, Dimitri Payet said:

It's certainly not fee worthy but I would like the lad to hurry the f**k up and get another one done soon.

You'd be surprised, the amount of research required to do a half-decent podcast is staggering. I have eight pages of notes (2945 words) for Colin McMenamin's two episodes. I would never charge people for them but have a bit of respect, please!

You'd be surprised, the amount of research required to do a half-decent podcast is staggering. I have eight pages of notes (2945 words) for Colin McMenamin's two episodes. I would never charge people for them but have a bit of respect, please!

On top of your real life duties too!

Would be delighted to see these make a return. Would be even more delighted to see the '5 things' and 'report cards' features make a return but understandable that it's hugely time consuming and not a hugely appealing task on a Sunday.

Frazer Wright, Christian Nade or Mark Docherty would be superb guests on a podcast. I would also enjoy an Andy Geggan number.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Would be delighted to see these make a return. Would be even more delighted to see the '5 things' and 'report cards' features make a return but understandable that it's hugely time consuming and not a hugely appealing task on a Sunday.

Frazer Wright, Christian Nade or Mark Docherty would be superb guests on a podcast. I would also enjoy an Andy Geggan number.

As with the podcasts, the amount of work that went into the Five Things and the quarterly report cards was unreal. For the former, I was basically sacrificing almost every Sunday to watch highlights, read match reports, write copy, edit copy, format content etc. Sometimes I didn't get to my bed until 3am. As for the report cards, I would take the week off work to get them done. They were really tricky to do, especially for League 2 teams like Annan Athletic and Montrose, teams without decent highlights packages.

It's nice to read that people liked our work and appreciated the effort. I'm pretty proud at what we achieved between 2012 and 2015.

As for the latest podcasts, I'm just crossing some ts and dotting some is but once they're done we'll be back in action.

On 02/08/2016 at 10:44, Francesc Fabregas said:

Right lads, there seems to be a bit of a clamour for this sort of thing so I'll go away and see if we can get a two or three on the go between now and the end of the month.

There's a couple of boys I quite fancy doing one with - leave it with me.

Wrong website mate

But aye THHP was great - a true benchmark for every other Scottish football blog to look up to. It may be semi-dead but its legacy is very much alive.

Sad to see the end of THHP, loved it all and so much scope to do more, but totally understandable decision.

If I win the lottery, I'll slip the guys a couple of quid in the hope that they rekindle what they were doing.

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, just a wee note to let you know the Pelé Podcast will be coming back this summer. The plan is to have one podcast a week, with a lower-league superstar or a panel discussion, and begin recording them after the play-off final. We've already got a few guests lined up already.

We have renewed the Soundcloud subscription and you can listen to all the old podcasts here - CLICK.

If you have anyone you'd like to hear from, let me know and we'll make it happen.

Soccer FM podcast has shown there's plenty of lower league players with something to say, and also a bit of crossover with your guests (eg Davie Irons, Trouten..)

Andy Geggan always sounds like quite a laugh. 

This is absolutely fantastic news.  Can't wait to see who you have lined up.  Would be interesting to hear one from Chris Templeman now that he's retiring in a blaze of glory at Montrose.

53 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Soccer FM podcast has shown there's plenty of lower league players with something to say, and also a bit of crossover with your guests (eg Davie Irons, Trouten..)

Andy Geggan always sounds like quite a laugh. 

I only listened to one episode of the Soccer FM podcast, the one with Colin McMenamin, and I found the presenters to be obnoxious. I will, however, keep an eye out for who they've had on in the past so I don't repeat their work.

I'm pleased to see there's a decent pop for the Pelé Podcast's return and I hope it does well. I've been working with the lads on the Terrace a lot over the last few months and it's given me a second wind to deliver piping-hot lower-league content.