The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

33 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Good interview again. 

I am in 100% agreement with Barr about supporters getting all indignant when a footballer gives them a bit of grief back. 

This is true. 

In Barr's case, however, the problem is that he has a poor attitude and is very thin-skinned. 

This is true. 
In Barr's case, however, the problem is that he has a poor attitude and is very thin-skinned. 

He's a wee Fanny as well which doesn't help!!!

Seems like the revelations were so shocking, the Fife Free press got some boy to transcribe the podcast into an article. I suppose it at least links to the original work:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/former-raith-rovers-star-blasts-john-hughes-over-2017-tenure-1-4747865

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Seems like the revelations were so shocking, the Fife Free press got some boy to transcribe the podcast into an article. I suppose it at least links to the original work:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/former-raith-rovers-star-blasts-john-hughes-over-2017-tenure-1-4747865

The writer of the article and the guy doing the podcasts are pals with each other, I'd image that's the link.

Just finished the Bobby Barr interview, awesome work FF!

He actually comes across reasonably well and doesn’t have an inflated ego that I presumed he would have had. I’m sure he will land another gig in League 1 at least next season.

13 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Great stuff.

I noticed FF didn't quote the classic Paul Martin one liner. "I cannot be Bobby Barr's Social Worker".

I think Bobbler would have walked out after that one.

Genuinely gutted I didn't come across that line during my research.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Have really enjoyed the recent episodes with McGuigan, Anderson and Barr.

Is there going to be another set of preview shows?

We'll see, I'd like to think so. I definitely want to do something with big Mark McGuigan again in the future - I think he's been the best guest we've had on so far, really intelligent, thoughtful and self-deprecating.

I'd love him to be by my irl friend and go for pints with me, instead of him seeing me as a weird flabby jobber.

We'll see, I'd like to think so. I definitely want to do something with big Mark McGuigan again in the future - I think he's been the best guest we've had on so far, really intelligent, thoughtful and self-deprecating.
I'd love him to be by my irl friend and go for pints with me, instead of him seeing me as a weird flabby jobber.

Do you like your irl friend to drink pints???
Always thought that to be a bit emasculating!!!

51 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

If he said he'd be your friend, as long as you always referred to him as "Mr Shooty-goals" even to his face, would you agree to it?

FF's response when Bobby asked how he would feel if someone paid £16 to his gaffer to abuse him at work - "I think I'd be very upset about it" - was worth the entry fee alone.

I suspect Barr will end up at Peterhead next season... seems like the natural progression for guys dropping out of full time football.