3 Horse race

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep up the abuse amongest yourselves guys go the Blues in the next two weekends 12,000 miles aways us diddy teams need all the help we can get aye Loons fans. LOL

"slevering nonsense", am I? Riiigghht.........

Tell me then, where did I say I'd be confident with Duffy in charge next season? That's right, I didn't.

Where did I say we should hold Duffy in high regard if he wins this league? That's right, I didn't.

Here's the thing. Like it or not (and it's fairly obvious you don't), Jim Duffy will be in charge till the end of the season. And possibly beyond, but - as I said in my post, if you actually read it - that's an argument for another day. And whatever you think of him he deserves some credit for getting us into the position we are in. Winning a league ain't easy - just ask McCoist and McDowell, who were regularly handed their erses on a plate by supposedly "smaller" teams like Queen of the South and Alloa this season. Or look at Dunfermline, who couldn't win this division last year and this season will finish either sixth or seventh.

The point I was making, but which you so obviously missed, is that Morton fans should put personal feelings about individuals in the team or in the dugout or even in the boardroom aside and try to actually SUPPORT the club over the next two weekends and hopefully help get them over the line without the need for trying to win through in the playoffs, which none of us are confident about.

You think this is a "shyte league"? Ok, help the team get OUT of it then. You don't like certain individuals at Cappielow? Fine - but just for a week or two stop the ridiculous levels of personal abuse that are seen on here and help get MORTON FC, rather than those individuals, into the Championship next year. Chances are that most of the guys you don't like will be moved on or moved out in the close season anyway.

Keep up the abuse guys 12,000 miles away go Stranraer this weekend and next

"slevering nonsense", am I? Riiigghht.........

Tell me then, where did I say I'd be confident with Duffy in charge next season? That's right, I didn't.

Where did I say we should hold Duffy in high regard if he wins this league? That's right, I didn't.

Here's the thing. Like it or not (and it's fairly obvious you don't), Jim Duffy will be in charge till the end of the season. And possibly beyond, but - as I said in my post, if you actually read it - that's an argument for another day. And whatever you think of him he deserves some credit for getting us into the position we are in. Winning a league ain't easy - just ask McCoist and McDowell, who were regularly handed their erses on a plate by supposedly "smaller" teams like Queen of the South and Alloa this season. Or look at Dunfermline, who couldn't win this division last year and this season will finish either sixth or seventh.

The point I was making, but which you so obviously missed, is that Morton fans should put personal feelings about individuals in the team or in the dugout or even in the boardroom aside and try to actually SUPPORT the club over the next two weekends and hopefully help get them over the line without the need for trying to win through in the playoffs, which none of us are confident about.

You think this is a "shyte league"? Ok, help the team get OUT of it then. You don't like certain individuals at Cappielow? Fine - but just for a week or two stop the ridiculous levels of personal abuse that are seen on here and help get MORTON FC, rather than those individuals, into the Championship next year. Chances are that most of the guys you don't like will be moved on or moved out in the close season anyway.

Posters like you are a nightmare......If you read back I never said this or that BLAH BLAH BLAH.... but it's quite clear what you were aiming at.

You're basically saying that Jim Duffy was appointed to get us promoted and if he does this then we should get off his back, yes ok if he manages to somehow win us that league then yes, well done Duffy but I think you're failing to see the bigger picture here. We are in a very very very poor league, standard wise and AGAIN this is nothing against Stranraer and Forfar who quite rightly deserve to be were they are but we are the full time club, we have the best team on paper in the league, we have the biggest budget but yet WE HAVE one of the worst if not the worst manager in the league.

We should have this league wrapped up already with the team we have, it's embarrassing and it's all down to 1 man, the manager. I think sometimes you can argue that it's the team but when a manager has failed to field your strongest starting 11 and formation once all season long then questions need to be asked and thankfully we don't have to ask questions as it's quite clear to us all that he is utterly clueless.

I think it's because for years the Morton messageboard was dominated by a deranged and obnoxious old coot called Mortonjag, whose abusive, confrontational posts were so pernicious that the younger or more easily-led posters became conditioned into thinking that everything was either black or white on the board, and if you weren't "fur" a certain opinion you were automatically "agin" it and therefore deserving of abuse. Unfortunately his style influenced quite a few of 'em into becoming "sore sayer's apprentices", which ruined that board as more and more of the reasonable posters gave up on the constant aggro to be found there. It's now a stagnant wee backwater disturbed only when some of the bottomfeeders come up to the surface to belch a wee bit.

Would this be the same Morton messageboard that you previously claimed to have never posted on, then claimed to have only viewed it as a guest, then claimed that you could ignore posters, a function that, erm, doesn't operate for guest viewers, and going by the above tear-stained breakdown didn't actually use that function?

Probably best you slither away from that topic then, because your tragic alias history is fooling absolutely no-one.

Aye, we do seem to heve more than our fair share of utter fannies posting on here.

I think it's because for years the Morton messageboard was dominated by a deranged and obnoxious old coot called Mortonjag, whose abusive, confrontational posts were so pernicious that the younger or more easily-led posters became conditioned into thinking that everything was either black or white on the board, and if you weren't "fur" a certain opinion you were automatically "agin" it and therefore deserving of abuse. Unfortunately his style influenced quite a few of 'em into becoming "sore sayer's apprentices", which ruined that board as more and more of the reasonable posters gave up on the constant aggro to be found there. It's now a stagnant wee backwater disturbed only when some of the bottomfeeders come up to the surface to belch a wee bit.

Unfortunately for you guys, with only themselves left to shout at on the Morton board quite a few of those daft wee bores of very little brain took to their pedalos and drifted (slithered?) off, eventually washing up on the shores of P&B.

You've seen the frenzy they whip themselves into over Duffy, his decisions, quite a few of the players and the club owners. And that's when we're second-top of the league, with a chance of winning it. Compare their hysterical drivel to the threads the Dunfermline fans have about their team, their manager, their ownership and their league position - they're in a far worse position than we are in many respects, but they manage to talk about the issues with a bit of (almost) sanity and black humour, instead of the over-the-top slagging and screaming stupidity that too many of our lot do. Keyboard warriors, every one - they know if they behaved like that in the pub they'd get a sore face in double-quick time, and the equivalent behaviour at Cappielow would mean they'd line up at opposite ends of the Cowshed and throw shyte at themselves.

There are some of us who are decent enough posters, but as for the rest, all we can do is apologise - they're more to be pitied than scolded; a cross that we, and you at the moment, have to bear. With a bit of luck, they'll be annoying the Championship thread next year instead.

Stars in your eyes Rudy ol' boy. Go sook Rae's knob! :wub:

Guest bernardblack

So this thread went downhill like the usual league one thread......

Praying for a draw on Saturday at Stranraer.

I can see us giving Dunfermline at least five at the weekend.

Would this be the same Morton messageboard that you previously claimed to have never posted on, then claimed to have only viewed it as a guest, then claimed that you could ignore posters, a function that, erm, doesn't operate for guest viewers, and going by the above tear-stained breakdown didn't actually use that function?

Probably best you slither away from that topic then, because your tragic alias history is fooling absolutely no-one.

Don't give us those old old chestnuts again, that was put to bed long ago and I don't intend responding to it again. I suggest that if it still bothers you you go and look it up - it's all there. all factual andshould be easy enough to understand, even for those whose lips move when they read..

I have no "alias history", as you put it; this ID is my first on a fitba messageboard since the one I had on the ORIGINAL Morton board all those years back. And every time you attempt to suggest otherwise you make yourself look even more of a fool. And you're fooling absolutely no-one that it's otherwise.

Let's try this test, the VirginTon test: Let's see you prove I was a member of the current board. Hard facts, be very specific. And after that, maybe you can show us how to nail jelly to the ceiling..............

Stars in your eyes Rudy ol' boy. Go sook Rae's knob! :wub:

Ah, old Moronjag itself.

Keep taking the medication, mate, and mind you don't get too aereated on here or your carer will take your keyboard away again.

Don't give us those old old chestnuts again, that was put to bed long ago and I don't intend responding to it again. I suggest that if it still bothers you you go and look it up - it's all there. all factual andshould be easy enough to understand, even for those whose lips move when they read..

I have no "alias history", as you put it; this ID is my first on a fitba messageboard since the one I had on the ORIGINAL Morton board all those years back. And every time you attempt to suggest otherwise you make yourself look even more of a fool. And you're fooling absolutely no-one that it's otherwise.

Erm no it wasn't: you simply slithered off this forum again, laid low and intended to come back and hope no-one would remember what a complete and utter arse you'd made of it. Rather predictably, that's not going to happen.

Erm no it wasn't: you simply slithered off this forum again, laid low and intended to come back and hope no-one would remember what a complete and utter arse you'd made of it. Rather predictably, that's not going to happen.

naw, son, "slithering" off and hiding when you're getting a gubbing is YOUR tactic. I was away for, what, ten days or so due to work and pleasure and posted my answers when I came back. Simples.

Rewriting history is another one of your tactics. It's tiresome, and it doesn't work with me.

So, go look for that proof, there's the boy.

"Work and pleasure" :lol:

So champ, now that you have laid low for a while in the desperate effort to get your story straight: how did you manage, as you have previously claimed, to ignore users as a guest on a forum that, err, doesn't allow guest users to ignore other users? Walk us all through that one, and try not to disappear for ten days in the process.

Posters like you are a nightmare......If you read back I never said this or that BLAH BLAH BLAH.... but it's quite clear what you were aiming at.

You're basically saying that Jim Duffy was appointed to get us promoted and if he does this then we should get off his back, yes ok if he manages to somehow win us that league then yes, well done Duffy but I think you're failing to see the bigger picture here. We are in a very very very poor league, standard wise and AGAIN this is nothing against Stranraer and Forfar who quite rightly deserve to be were they are but we are the full time club, we have the best team on paper in the league, we have the biggest budget but yet WE HAVE one of the worst if not the worst manager in the league.

We should have this league wrapped up already with the team we have, it's embarrassing and it's all down to 1 man, the manager. I think sometimes you can argue that it's the team but when a manager has failed to field your strongest starting 11 and formation once all season long then questions need to be asked and thankfully we don't have to ask questions as it's quite clear to us all that he is utterly clueless.

Riiiggghhht..............

If it's quite clear what I was aiming at, how'd you get it so wrong??

The post in a nutshell - Duffy's got us close to promotion. So support the team for as long as it takes to get us over the line.

That's it. No mention of Duffy's future. Just the suggestion that we put personal animosities aside and try to do our bit to help get Morton into the championship.

The rest is your imagination, mate.

For what it's worth, I've said already that if Duffy gets us up I think the Raes will give him to Christmas to show he can KEEP us up. That's my opinion; doesn't mean in anyway I'm less baffled than the rest by some of his decisions, doesn't mean I'm a big Duffy fan. Just means I'm a bit more level-headed than some of the hysterical posters who rant and rave about him being "utterly clueless" and so on.

"Work and pleasure" :lol:

So champ, now that you have laid low for a while in the desperate effort to get your story straight: how did you manage, as you have previously claimed, to ignore users as a guest on a forum that, err, doesn't allow guest users to ignore other users? Walk us all through that one, and try not to disappear for ten days in the process.

It's already on here, "champ", and I for one cannot be ersed going through it all again just for your benefit. Go find it yourself, if you're that interested.

But do me a favour - stop these diversionary tactics, and go look for that proof I asked for first.

Archived