Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

Maybe, that Ukraine team was decent, probably about the same as Poland actually id say

I'm shitting masel for the 2 away games too, IF we beat Ireland and Georgia we will get automatic qualification just have to try pick up as many points as we can in the 2 home games but 19 points should be close to being best 3rd placed team you'd think

True

Germany could be a nightmare as they will come into that game needing to win. I wouldn't completely rule us out of that one though.

I don't get overly excited too early any more as we all know how that usually works out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How anyone can say we deserved a win over in Poland is mental. We deservedly took the lead certainly but Poland were really all over us, hit the post and missed a sitter. I can only remember us seriously testing the keeper once from a Maloney shot just outside the box. It was a great draw to escape from Warsaw with.

I'm more scared of the two upcoming games than the ones at Hampden because, if our bottle crashes in these games, Poland and Germany might prove too hard for us if we go in and it's imperative we pick up 6 points. I'm usually very confident in these situations, of course we're in a better place now compared to a few years ago, but it is Scotland and I'm wary of yet another glorious failure much like Euro 2008 qualifiers. I think 4 points from Ireland/Georgia is good to take away but I really do think it would be important to beat Poland if we want to finish top 2. Georgia might still have a say, regardless of how shite they really are.

Croatia, who we beat in the last qualifying group are significantly better than Poland (although not ten times better).

Poland are no better than decent. They have done nothing in major tournaments recently even when they were hosts. they don't scare me at all.

Croatia, who we beat in the last qualifying group are significantly better than Poland (although not ten times better).

Poland are no better than decent. They have done nothing in major tournaments recently even when they were hosts. they don't scare me at all.

I take it you didn't see our game over there then?

I was there

I thought they were very good, but they were also pretty average v Ireland

They went one up fairly early on away from home, there was no onus on them to push for another.

I'm not saying they're world beaters but they're no mugs either.

They went one up fairly early on away from home, there was no onus on them to push for another.

I'm not saying they're world beaters but they're no mugs either.

I don't think they're mugs

And I know there wasn't onus on them to get another but they could barely keep a hold of the ball in Dublin and were on the ropes pretty much the entire second half

I take it you didn't see our game over there then?

I did, but I also know enough about football that you don't judge a team on one game.

Where were they at World Cup 2014. Sitting at home watching it the same as us.

Euro 2012 they never won a game and finished bottom of their group. That was as hosts and with three home games. They are hardly a European superpower.

They are capable of beating Scotland certainly but only because they are pretty similar to us not because they are miles better than us

Were Piszczek and/or Blaszczykowski out injured or suspended for their game in Ireland? Strange that they weren't included. Without their three star players on the pitch Poland look very, very average on paper.

Both injured. Aye as you would expect they badly miss Lewandowski or Kuba if they're out, fingers crossed they've got a knock at the start of next season!

It should be on Scott Brown's H2 objectives to get Celtic into the Champion's League groups, play Bayern Munich and go through Lewandowski in the first minute.

I think overall we're of similar quality to Poland, and there's no reason why we should be "petrified", as someone upthread said, but they do have a handful of top-quality players, most obviously Lewandowski, who can make a big difference. Not too dissimilar from Wales having Bale. We have some good, solid players, and some like Anya who give us a bit of spark, but we've nobody as good as Lewandowski. Yes, football's a team game, but special individual talent can make a big difference between evenly-matched sides.

To me, this Poland team look a notch above the mid-Noughties Ukraine, but mainly because that side was so overrated. They had some real quality players, but played like a very average European team, and Shevchenko was well past his best by the 2006 World Cup. They got through a very mediocre qualifying group for that, and made it to the quarter-finals virtually by default, ending up in a group with dreadful Tunisia and Saudi teams, and needed the Swiss to throw a penalty shoot-out. They were pumped by anyone competent they came up against, and were well found out by the time we played them in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Poland have good players and seem to play well as a team. They'd take that Ukraine side every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Nothing to be afraid of, however - we ought to be looking for a win.

To me, this Poland team look a notch above the mid-Noughties Ukraine, but mainly because that side was so overrated. They had some real quality players, but played like a very average European team, and Shevchenko was well past his best by the 2006 World Cup. They got through a very mediocre qualifying group for that, and made it to the quarter-finals virtually by default, ending up in a group with dreadful Tunisia and Saudi teams, and needed the Swiss to throw a penalty shoot-out. They were pumped by anyone competent they came up against, and were well found out by the time we played them in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Poland have good players and seem to play well as a team. They'd take that Ukraine side every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Nothing to be afraid of, however - we ought to be looking for a win.

Ukraine still beat us over there, of course.

Archived