Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Dundee

I wondered about that as well.

It came on Sky as a goal for McGowan yet the Dundee web site had it as a gosl for Clarkson.

I said to Mrs.eindhovendee, "I wonder how that has happened?".

She didn't know.

And what lessons can we learn from the whole sorry story? Believe the Dundee FC website, not the press. Of course on Saturday Kenny, Tommy & I were isolated at the other end of the stand from the main hack pack, so they didn't have anyone to hold their hands and tell them who scored. 8)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect Tremarco to get a run in the team. Not sure who our U20's left back is but possibly Yogi will be looking towards bringing someone through before going searching for a new player. We will miss Shinnie a lot more than McKay. That's going to be some Aberdeen team next season.

We signed Ryan Baptie last summer and he plays left back. Maybe Hughes will look to Tremarco and Baptie to contest the position. Hibs fans seemed to rate him as a decent prospect.

Even better than the tannoy announcer getting the name of our scorer wrong when he has a few seconds to get his facts right, I was told that one of the papers yesterday (Sunday Mail maybe) had Gary Irvine in their team of the day :1eye

RE: The long ball comment - we seem to have abandoned the tippy tappy passing style that Hughes had drilled into us. Not sure why but we've definitely been going more direct in recent weeks. Maybe something to do with trying to get Watkins in behind the opposition defence?

Caley Thistle are hardly a long ball team, and they weren't relying on it on Saturday. However, they did mix it up on occasion, and it was noticeable in the seconfd half that their best two chances came from long balls.That would hardly have been worth mentioning with many other teams, but it was slightly surprising with Caley Thistle.

Speaks volumes for the quality of football on offer at this game, that the only real talking point to emerge on this thread concerns who actually scored Dundee's goal, and how it was reported.

I hope Dundee fans can recover from this, its unfortunate they always seem to be in some kind of distress after playing us.

Good luck to them though for the derby and hope they do something they haven't done in over 10 years... beat Utd. It would give us a hand securing 3rd since we don't seem to be capable of doing it ourselves and I can't see us beating Aberdeen or taking much from our other two remaining fixtures before the split.

Caley Thistle are hardly a long ball team, and they weren't relying on it on Saturday. However, they did mix it up on occasion, and it was noticeable in the seconfd half that their best two chances came from long balls.That would hardly have been worth mentioning with many other teams, but it was slightly surprising with Caley Thistle.

In the past it was used when we ran out of ideas and that does seem to be the case against well drilled organised teams that come to play up here and Dundee despite the odd wobble are very good at dictating the game if allowed. I think this is what happened on Saturday, Dundee came up here with the main goal of not losing and would have been the happier team after the game.

We signed Ryan Baptie last summer and he plays left back. Maybe Hughes will look to Tremarco and Baptie to contest the position. Hibs fans seemed to rate him as a decent prospect.

Has Baptie been offered a contract yet, I do believe his current one runs out in the summer?.

Archived