Seven Leader Debate - 2nd April 8pm

Who Came 1st, 2nd, 3rd in debate  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually put Farage at 3rd, the guy is completely insane and offers no voteable policies but he did ok tonight

1st Wee Nic

2nd Leanne wid

3rd Hiv Farage

Only one person took risks, was personable, passionate and and swam against the tide. The rest were scripted, stilted consensus talking heads, including Mrs Sturgeon. Guess who?

nigel-farage-the-shining1.png

CON - 37% (+1) LAB - 35% (+1) UKIP - 12% (-1) LDEM - 7% (-1) GRN - 5% (+1)

Latest YouGov poll. Is this where we begin to see the return to the two main parties, in England at least? That percentage is higher than the Tories got in 2010 I think.

And yet Naughty Nige's Non PC Political Earthquake is going to achieve the square root of f**k all in this election. Hard lines.

People will (correctly at points) call that a clusterfuck but I actually enjoyed it and think the 7 panelist format offers a much more interesting debate.

Clegg did so well in the last debate simply because Labour and Conservatives retorting to each other with nothing but "well here's what you did in office" is a depressingly boring level of political discussion. A few alternative voices gets a bit messy at times but it's worth it to break that monontony.

I'm obviously biased but do try and judge these things impartially and I'm delighted at Sturgeon's performance there. Feel like rewatching a series of Borgen of something to get more of the same.

That was much better than i'd expected. Sturgeon was measured and overall did superbly well. Cameron and Milliband were just a series of utterly boring, condescending responses of "you did that", "aye but you did that". Tedious pish. Clegg standing up to Cameron was five years too late. Bennett and Wood did OK-ish, and Farage was for the most part, a sweating mess.

There will be a lot of Labour Party activists and voters through the UK wishing that Miliband was saying what Sturgeon did on a number of issues tonight.

Labour would have a hell of a lot more of both if they still were the Labour Party. The shameless charge towards a mythical centre ground in the 80s has led to a country run not by political parties but by the businesses which fund them. I just hope that people down here watched Nicola tonight and felt the first pangs of jealousy replacing the anti-Scots racist agenda which has bubbled along for years before coming to the boil last year.

Leanne Wood losing is a bit of a joke really, think Sturgeon stole all her limelight but she was very competent and hopefully appealed well to the Welsh.

I agree, I thought she was competent if not brilliant and certainly ahead of Bennett. Sturgeon stole the show tho.

Mrs Sturgeon seemed to approve of the 2bn a year health tourism when Farage raised the issue, this is the stuff you all think brilliant. I suppose when you're getting free money on the Barnett formula vs Wales's NHS poverty it's easy to be an international health charity. Diversity is our strength she said, Scotland with a fraction of the ethnic mix and migration of England.

Archived