Seven Leader Debate - 2nd April 8pm

Who Came 1st, 2nd, 3rd in debate  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the debate on youtube:

Woods: lightweight and out of her depth, came across as parochial by not following Sturgeon's speak to a wider audience ploy.

Bennett: better than expected, which is probably bad news for the Lib Dems, then she started warbling on about the extinction of invertebrates towards the end to remind people still paying attention that she is on the lunatic fringe.

Farage: Gary Linekar nailed it last night, what a dick. He made a reasonable point about the impact of EU eastward expansion that made him sound almost lucid, but the blame everything on foreigners thing got totally absurd and verged on self-parody.

Sturgeon: Did OK, but maybe being a bit over-rated on here. Not convinced the Keynesian extra spending thing is as sensible as she suggests. Sounded to me more populist and opportunist, but that's maybe because I have long had a jaundiced view of the SNP from that sort of standpoint. Would have pushed the Trident angle more personally.

Cameron: being under-rated by many. Think he will have done a good job reaching the people he most needs to reach, which is the slightly less mental UKIPers.

Milliband: they chose the wrong brother. Totally out of his depth. Squashed as flat as a bug at the end about zero-hour contracts. The American style one-liners came across as painfully reheared.

Clegg: second time around, it just doesn't work for him. Didn't do enough on the you need me rather than Alex Salmond (his name would have been mentioned, if he had any sense) holding the balance of power angle, which is what he really needed to hammer home, probably because he still likes to think he is one of a big three going after the PM job.

Looking at some of the Tory press, Farage has came out well in terms of who won the debate.

Expect UKIP to do quite a bit better on Election day.

Some surprises in store I think. A Tory / UKIP coalition could still happen and that would be the worst result for Scotland.

Labour lackey in 'talking utter shite' revelation.

Also, just me that thought the set looked like the Weakest Link? Was just missing Ann Robinson to dismiss Farage.

"You are the weakest link, goodbye."

Some sort of The Weakest Link meets Fifteen to One crossover.

But risky, no one saying 'bank'.

Some sort of The Weakest Link meets Fifteen to One crossover.

But risky, no one saying 'bank'.

Every time the four blokes started speaking, I was saying a word that sounded an awful lot like bank

Archived