Albion v Berwick

I think you Berwickians may be right to predict both teams to score in our sixth meeting of the season: you're our league's joint-top scorers and, despite the excellent form of our centre-halves, the Rovers defence is unpredictable without the cool head of Alan Reid.

I admire our manager for showing so much trust in his winning line-ups, but similarly you'd be mad not to change a side that just lost 0-3. IMO, if Scott Chaplain plays, he'll win us the league- and he'd be best deployed with McKenzie and McGuigan beside him and Gemmell up-front.

Squad has ended-up pretty bare, look at the bench today:

Gray, Martynuik, Dillon, Miller, Bauld, Bleakley, [No Sub 7]

Only really Ross Gray has any substantial first-team experience, with Miller having held a cameo role over recent seasons and Bauld just having come in a few weeks ago.

In terms of position, on paper we cab reach the playoffs but we won't close 5 places and 5pts in 4 games. If it wasn't for Montrose we'd be on the cusp of relegation. Another disappointing season peters-out.

A good weekend for the Rovers- our makeshift team cantered to a win without needing to play particularly well.

It took them a while to get going but Rovers were always in control of the game; after a few uneventful games for us, our loanee Cadden popped up with a nice finish and after that it was never in doubt. I was worried that my presence had jinxed Mark McGuigan yet again after the fate of his horrendous one-on-one in the first half, but he made no mistake with his second half sitter, which was served to him on a silver plate by Marc McKenzie. Squib's energy and work-rate made all the difference and he takes the Albino MOTM award with ease- although my usual pick strolled through the game error-free, and saved his right back a few times. Well played, Ross D.

Montrose have done us a favour, leaving us 5 points from the title- it's definitely shopping list time.

Second time I've seen Berwick this season. No idea why they aren't higher up. Saw them beat Arbroath convincingly at home and gave what will be the league winners a good run for their money today until the first goal. Rovers seemed nervous, which is understandable I suppose. Cadden best player on the park by some distance for me.

A good weekend for the Rovers- our makeshift team cantered to a win without needing to play particularly well.

It took them a while to get going but Rovers were always in control of the game; after a few uneventful games for us, our loanee Cadden popped up with a nice finish and after that it was never in doubt. I was worried that my presence had jinxed Mark McGuigan yet again after the fate of his horrendous one-on-one in the first half, but he made no mistake with his second half sitter, which was served to him on a silver plate by Marc McKenzie. Squib's energy and work-rate made all the difference and he takes the Albino MOTM award with ease- although my usual pick strolled through the game error-free, and saved his right back a few times. Well played, Ross D.

Montrose have done us a favour, leaving us 5 points from the title- it's definitely shopping list time.

Ah petal, you've got a wee bee in your bunnett about Gary Fisher. One of our better players I would say yesterday.

As far as shopping lists go for next season I would calm the jets if I were you. The Chairman has already stated we can't afford the current wage structure for next season as John Devlin went tonto with player wages for this season and last. Looks as if wee Rab Watt will be drafted in so we can get the cream of the amateur leagues.

As far as shopping lists go for next season I would calm the jets if I were you. The Chairman has already stated we can't afford the current wage structure for next season as John Devlin went tonto with player wages for this season and last. Looks as if wee Rab Watt will be drafted in so we can get the cream of the amateur leagues.

If so, you'd have to fear for us in League 1.

My major problem with Fisher is his circumference, but he also frequently spends too long on the ball and has issues with his distribution. Yesterday, to boot, he committed some defensive cardinal sins: getting caught out of position, giving free headers and shying away from 50/50 tackles.

Early indications suggest he and Davidson will be found out if they're first team players in L1.

My major problem with Fisher is his circumference, but he also frequently spends too long on the ball and has issues with his distribution. Yesterday, to boot, he committed some defensive cardinal sins: getting caught out of position, giving free headers and shying away from 50/50 tackles.

Early indications suggest he and Davidson will be found out if they're first team players in L1.

Albino your obvious dislike for Fisher, McGuigan and Davidson to name but a few is clear for all to see . No doubt your favourite players are not getting a sniff at moment .Well personally I would have any of these three in the side compared to ANY of the fringe players at this moment in time. They have all more than contributed to the clubs present position . Think you should maybe start supporting the lads instead of criticising their every move. The hint is in the word SUPPORTER .Go and look up the meaning .C`mon the Wee Vers .

Archived