Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

Not as passionate about party politics as I was about the referendum. I will be voting SNP in Douglas Alexander's constituency though,

It certainly does please me to see such a strong Scotland within the UK though. This is what many people voted no for.

Indeed. Your not the only no voter I know voting SNP for this very reason.

I think some people on here need to remember that we all want Scotland to prosper, just different visions of how to do this.

I'm not surprised that so many no voters are no backing the SNP. Especially with Sturgeon at the head of the party. She's the best politician in the UK right now IMO. Only Harvie comes close.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. Settle down folks, still a lot of work to be done.

Have fun with the polls, especially on here, but polls don't win elections.

Get involved, get working and eyes on the prize.

Otherwise, the labour drones will be out in force the day after.

But have fun today :D

Hate to break it to you but I want the Conservatives to remain in power in Westminster. That's why I'm trying to help get rid of Douglas Alexander.

So in a bid to keep the Tories in power, you've decided to vote for a party committed to keeping the Tories out of power? Top logic champ.

Like I said, you're fooling no one.

I just can't help but feel Edinburgh and Fife are going to shite it :(

National "poll of polls" showing a 15% Labour to SNP swing, and another 15% of voters going Lib Dem to SNP

Ashcroft polls showing above average swings in Glasgow and the rest of West-Central Scotland as well as border and highland type seats with LD/Tory incumbents

Somewhere has to fall below the trend

If Edinburgh and Fife showed a 15% Lib > SNP swing but only a 10% Lab to SNP swing then Labour would keep a few seats in Fife, if it was only 5% then some of the seats in the capital would stay Labour as well.

It would seem some of you are unfamiliar with the concept of tactical voting in a FPTP election.

I'm voting SNP, it doesn't mean I'm an SNP supporter. I'm voting SNP to help the Conservatives by hurting Labour. It's not too difficult a concept really.

I never realised I had so many people frantically scrolling through my twitter, superb stuff :lol:

So in a bid to keep the Tories in power, you've decided to vote for a party committed to keeping the Tories out of power? Top logic champ.

Like I said, you're fooling no one.

Right ok. I take it you're familiar with the concept of FPTP?

If the answer is no I can explain it to you.

If the answer is yes then you won't need my reasoning for voting SNP explained.

East is going. Haven't a clue about here in South, but it's like labour are chucking the kitchen sink at us as it's the only place they think they can keep.

Murray is out 12 hours a day now, we keep getting told where he is from activists. Pity he wasn't as active over the last few years....

It would seem some of you are unfamiliar with the concept of tactical voting in a FPTP election.

I'm voting SNP, it doesn't mean I'm an SNP supporter. I'm voting SNP to help the Conservatives by hurting Labour. It's not too difficult a concept really.

I never realised I had so many people frantically scrolling through my twitter, superb stuff :lol:

In fairness, you were fairly consistent with this during referendum campaign. Lex is a Tory but I dont doubt he is voting SNP.

As long as you vote SNP I don't give a f**k

:P

This is getting daft.

A 39% swing in Glasgow South West!

The Ashcroft numbers show that the recent 49% and 52% numbers are credible, because he has deliberately selected from amongst the more difficult ones for the SNP to win. The only down side on this for the SNP is that it makes it easier for pro-Union tactical voters to decide which way to jump in some places, but if you look at East Renfrewshire the SNP appear to be picking up a small anti-Murphy tactical vote because a 38% general preference number goes to 40% when the constituency is specifically considered. Some people are clearly sensing a Portillo moment.

Yes the proletariat are in Ms Sturgeon's handbag, but we're not talking deep thinkers here. Whatever they say, Scotland has benefited hugely from the Barnett formula, the formula that allows free higher education, prescriptions, subsidised care homes and better NHS than most of England and definitely Wales gets. £7bn more than we'd raise via fiscal control. but this is what the charming and fragrant Ms Sturgeon, Tory hater and old Labour lover, is going to extract from Edna. We're told by the clowns that she'll borrow the difference, using the friendly BOE to issue jock bonds, I assume. But how is this going to be good for those vulnerable people she so cares about when the interest payments mount up? Short answer, it won't. We'll see real poverty, not the Santa Murphy variety, real deprivation. 55% said no to this madness, and I believe no means no.

Yes the proletariat are in Ms Sturgeon's handbag, but we're not talking deep thinkers here. Whatever they say, Scotland has benefited hugely from the Barnett formula, the formula that allows free higher education, prescriptions, subsidised care homes and better NHS than most of England and definitely Wales gets. £7bn more than we'd raise via fiscal control. but this is what the charming and fragrant Ms Sturgeon, Tory hater and old Labour lover, is going to extract from Edna. We're told by the clowns that she'll borrow the difference, using the friendly BOE to issue jock bonds, I assume. But how is this going to be good for those vulnerable people she so cares about when the interest payments mount up? Short answer, it won't. We'll see real poverty, not the Santa Murphy variety, real deprivation. 55% said no to this madness, and I believe no means no.

Thanks for your input

Archived