Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

We do have a habit for going against the incumbent parties, such as the SNP win in the by-election in 2008 and Labour retaking it in the 2010 election.

Would love to see history repeating itself.

Not to mention the fact that at the 2011 elections, John Mason then went and gained the equivalent Holyrood seat from Frank McAveety

I'm glad Mason isn't in my area because I'd find voting for that particular person very difficult to vote for. Same with Kenny McAskill, so I will likely vote for the SSP on the list vote next year.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New ICM poll today. 95% of those who said they'll be voting SNP have made up their mind that's how they'll vote.

Shows the scale labour are working with.

No word on the Scottish sub-sample yet - I'd suggest it's in line with the rest, judging by the article.

Is Kenny standing again?

Oh aye, my mate is going to be first on the SSP list, he's a good lad so you never know who he will pick votes up from....

I haven't heard whether or not he is, but if he does, I think he is usually top of the SNP list in Edinburgh.

A lot of this has been covered in the last couple of pages, but a summary of what the bookies are saying about the election in Scotland at the moment...

SNP are currently favourite in 54/59 seats.

Two (!) for Labour (Rutherglen and Hamilton West; Glasgow North East).

Two for the Tories (Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale; Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk).

One for the LibDems (Orkney and Shetland).

The price for an SNP win is less than evens in 52 seats. The other seven are the five mentioned above plus Edinburgh South (evens) and Dumfries and Galloway (11/10).

New ICM poll today. 95% of those who said they'll be voting SNP have made up their mind that's how they'll vote.

And to think Kezia Dugdale claimed that the campaign would only start this week. Better luck next time.

greggy.png

A lot of this has been covered in the last couple of pages, but a summary of what the bookies are saying about the election in Scotland at the moment...

SNP are currently favourite in 54/59 seats.

Two (!) for Labour (Rutherglen and Hamilton West; Glasgow North East).

Two for the Tories (Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale; Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk).

One for the LibDems (Orkney and Shetland).

The price for an SNP win is less than evens in 52 seats. The other seven are the five mentioned above plus Edinburgh South (evens) and Dumfries and Galloway (11/10).

Last week's Ashcroft polling completely rattled the bookies though, and they started churning out some ludicrously short SNP odds (see the betting thread). Unless they start moving back to a more reasonable level - a rogue poll on the low side for the SNP would work here - then the current odds should be taken with caution in quite a few donkey in a red rosette seats.

He was in 2011, but he was elected in his constituency anyway.

If Margo MacDonald runs again I might vote for her.

Aye very good.

Dep Dug fancies her chances, she's been active here for a year now.

She's actually quite tall and better in the flesh from what I remember....

Last week's Ashcroft polling completely rattled the bookies though, and they started churning out some ludicrously short SNP odds (see the betting thread). Unless they start moving back to a more reasonable level - a rogue poll on the low side for the SNP would work here - then the current odds should be taken with caution in quite a few donkey in a red rosette seats.

I thought that too. I think there's probably some value to be had in labour/lib dem seats which the SNP are now favourites to take.

I hope/expect SNP to take Glasgow Central for example, but they're at 1/10 with some bookies. That's absolutely radge.

Aye very good.

Dep Dug fancies her chances, she's been active here for a year now.

She's actually quite tall and better in the flesh from what I remember....

Googled to see if she was running again, totally forgot she had passed away :(

I would think if Kez tried to unseat McAskill she would probably go hard on the Lockerbie bomber thing, that's surely his weakest point.

I thought that too. I think there's probably some value to be had in labour/lib dem seats which the SNP are now favourites to take.

I hope/expect SNP to take Glasgow Central for example, but they're at 1/10 with some bookies. That's absolutely radge.

Labour seem a bit desperate around the Glasgow Central area - that's now three general Labour leaflets and one from Anas Sarwar through the letterbox compared to one from the SNP, one from the Conservatives and one from the Greens. I think the Lib Dems have given up - they haven't bothered to post anything.

I would think if Kez tried to unseat McAskill she would probably go hard on the Lockerbie bomber thing, that's surely his weakest point.

You do know that al-Megrahi is dead too?

Labour seem a bit desperate around the Glasgow Central area - that's now three general Labour leaflets and one from Anas Sarwar through the letterbox compared to one from the SNP, one from the Conservatives and one from the Greens. I think the Lib Dems have given up - they haven't bothered to post anything.

Labour seem to be trying to save their big hitters. Murphy, Sarwar and Curran all seem to be getting a big budget to fight off their impending doom. I don't get the impression it's working to be honest - The SNP candidate in Central seems to be popular and highly thought of.

Certainly glad that Shaioob guy didn't get selected in the end. He seems like a total liability.

Then you don't know East as all then mate.

Not a dig btw, it's just that we thought it might harm him last time out and it was never brought up negatively, not once. If anything, folk were proud of him for it.

Labour seem to be trying to save their big hitters. Murphy, Sarwar and Curran all seem to be getting a big budget to fight off their impending doom. I don't get the impression it's working to be honest - The SNP candidate in Central seems to be popular and highly thought of.

Certainly glad that Shaioob guy didn't get selected in the end. He seems like a total liability.

Anne McLaughlin innit? One of the worst SNP candidates, IMO

I don't get that impression either, if you take into account the recent polls and the way Labor have conducted themselves in general I doubt those three will hold onto their seats. Alison Thewliss seems to be running a decent campaign around here, looks like she is garnering good support however the odds of 1/10 to win the seat are a bit ridiculous given the amount of votes Sarwar won with last time - I still think she will win though.

Archived