Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ideal scenario

Interesting that the bookies seem to fancy Miliband as the next PM but the Tories to win the most seats.

It's almost like the people who actually stand to gain or lose money on this have bothered to find out that the "biggest party forms the government" stuff is a load of pish.

Yip and st mirren scored a last min pen against jags that evening. Couldnt really give a feck

I had to get out the house on the 19th.. everywhere I went felt like there was a sense of mourning. The only cheerful person I saw was some crazy union jack waving woman who basically ran up to my wife and shouted "See! We are better together"

The funny thing is that she was then the person who posted crap on my wife's facebook campaign page for the recent council election about how people should vote to keep Scotland for the Scots and therefore not vote for her (As she is an English Interloper)...

If you voted yes in the indyref, then why on earth would you vote for one of the unionists parties?

The best they can hope for is that no voters don't vote SNP

If you voted yes in the indyref, then why on earth would you vote for one of the unionists parties?

Hence Labour bringing independence and financial autonomy into it. It's a switch from targeting Yes voters, to attempting to stop more No voters from voting SNP by turning this into another referendum. It's a desperate measure - effectively giving up 45% of the electorate to grab a few per cent that might swing a couple of seats.

because its not a referendum. Another Tory govt is more likely to result in independence than an SNP majority in Scotland.

because its not a referendum. Another Tory govt is more likely to result in independence than an SNP majority in Scotland.

What would you make you spout this utter tripe? That's as bad a lie as the party with the most seats one, you unionists really have nothing but the same pre-learned nonsense lines. Give it a rest eh.

You do understand how the parliamentary system works?

And voting SNP in the vast majority of Scottish seats doesn't affect whether we'll get a Tory govt one teeny tiny wee bit. Or are you another unionist with only a passing acquaintance with arithmetic?

Erm...that's impossible. Think about it.

I'm assuming he misprinted "Labour" in the second scenario and meant the Tories, in which case it's impossible. If he was actually floating the possibility of Lab/LD/UKIP then that's theoretically possible

The best SNP voters can hope for is that 'No' voters will be less likely to show up to the polls.

If the SNP, Greens and Labour have enough to form a coalition but on the other side Labour, Ukip and Lib Dems can also have enough to form a coalition then what happens?

The biggest party will have a chance to form a coalition first. However, I think it's unlikely that even with Lib Dem, UKIP and DUP support. The Tories will have the numbers to form a coalition.

Archived