Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should get a clearer picture of what is happening tomorrow night. The SNP had a very successful manifesto launch on Monday and the British establishment have attacked relentlessly. A survation poll (fieldwork this week) will be released tomorrow evening. What will the reaction be.?

Really worried about my constituency - Paisley South.

Obviously the current mp is Douglas Alexander. Now say what you like about him but he is one of labours main men and the SNP have chosen Mhairi Black @mhairi1921 to go up against him.

She's only 20 and still at Glasgow Uni. She's been caught up in saying a couple of things and tweeting a couple of things that she shouldn't, albeit a while ago.

I just feel that these things plus her age may put some people off voting for her, especially among the more mature voters.

I think she would be a breath of fresh air for the town and is exactly what it needs. Alexander has been very conspicuous by his absence during his time as MP and I think she would really be involved much more.

Interesting piece about her here:

http://gu.com/p/478pt/sbl

Good luck Mhairi.

Edited to add - probably not the correct thread if someone wants to move it? ;)

Obviously the current mp is Douglas Alexander. Now say what you like about him but he is one of labours main men and the SNP have chosen Mhairi Black @mhairi1921 to go up against him.

She's only 20 and still at Glasgow Uni. She's been caught up in saying a couple of things and tweeting a couple of things that she shouldn't, albeit a while ago.

I just feel that these things plus her age may put some people off voting for her, especially among the more mature voters.

I think she would be a breath of fresh air for the town and is exactly what it needs. Alexander has been very conspicuous by his absence during his time as MP and I think she would really be involved much more.

Good luck Mhairi.

Ashcroft polled her seat last week - she's sitting on 50% on her own. I suspect she'll breeze home as I can't see that many people changing their minds.

Good luck Mhairi.

Edited to add - probably not the correct thread if someone wants to move it? ;)

The old tweets are ancient history now.

She'll walk it. Wee Dougie's gone. Believe it.

We should get a clearer picture of what is happening tomorrow night. The SNP had a very successful manifesto launch on Monday and the British establishment have attacked relentlessly. A survation poll (fieldwork this week) will be released tomorrow evening. What will the reaction be.?

I wouldn't be surprised if they've gained yet more supporters.

My 74 year grandfather who voted no and has voted for Labour his whole life just voted SNP.

It's all over :lol:

I hope so - just too scared to believe it I think!

I keep waiting for something to go wrong - some new poll that throws a spanner in the works.

Typical Scottish mentality...

I'd rather we got at least one poll that doesn't look so good. There's always the chance that the SNP voters will get a bit complacent as everything has gone so well so far.

Eyes on the prize though - we've got a very rough idea that the SNP will poll at least 45% (Labour took 41 seats with around 40% of the vote last time round) and I personally know loads of no voters who are planning on voting SNP, and only one who has gone the other way (funnily enough, he posts on here and apparently thinks full fiscal autonomy is a bad idea :rolleyes: )

I hope so - just too scared to believe it I think!

I keep waiting for something to go wrong - some new poll that throws a spanner in the works.

Typical Scottish mentality...

Oddschecker have Mhairi Black at 2/5 to take the seat. Dougie's out at 11/4.

Bookies are rarely wrong.

The old tweets are ancient history now.

She'll walk it. Wee Dougie's gone. Believe it.

I hope so, I detest this man. A career politician masquerading as a man of the people, very much in the murphy mould. Trying to take credit for things like saving schools/hospitals from closing and the like when in reality he just turned up on the day and got his photo taken. Horrible, horrible human. Something about his face and voice annoy the f*ck out of me as well.

Archived