Tartan (red) tories

git-intae-thum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a non story they are encouraging tactical voting something our own fm has said people should do in england by voting for the greens and in wales by voting plaid cymru

She wasn't encouraging tactical voting, she said people should vote for the party they want to instead of just picking the better of 2 evils (Labour and Tories)

This is a non story they are encouraging tactical voting something our own fm has said people should do in england by voting for the greens and in wales by voting plaid cymru

Sturgeon hasn't said anyone "should" vote for these parties. She just said what she would personally do if she lived in those countries.

I'm never going to hate on anyone who votes tactically, it is a relic of FPTP.

By the way it turns out I fall just inside the boundaries of Alistair Darling's old seat (I previously lived in Leith) - that could be one of the more interesting seats in Scotland.

This is barely the start. Over the next four weeks we will find out that all Labour candidates are wonderful folk and anyone who even looks like an SNP supporter eats children for breakfast.

Will it sway any votes? Maybe a few, however I think that enough folk are sufficiently savvy to see it for what it is. The apparent unassailable lead in the polls should hold out.

As annoying as this sort of shit is it will only make decimation of SLab all the more enjoyable. Hopefully the Daily Record will follow Scottish Labour down the toilet.

I know desperate times call for desperate measures, but good grief!

CB9y9ciXIAA-_0P.jpg

My god. The hypocrisy of these people know no bounds.

Lets hope enough people see through it.

Record trying a a preemptive strike to cover labour party members actively campaigning for the tories in Scotland

Is this a snp page only is it

Ah you are back:

Perhaps you can explain how labour activists campaigning for a tory to be elected during a general election is a "non story"

Tactical voting for what reason?

She wants to hammer home the message that westminister and its mps are out of touch and that the system needs change she knows the people of scotland are with her but if more people vote for the greens rather than the big 2 in england that will give more power to her argument.

Ah you are back:

Perhaps you can explain how labour activists campaigning for a tory to be elected during a general election is a "non story"

Because it looks like tactical voting in scotland is going to play a large part in this election

Because it looks like tactical voting in scotland is going to play a large part in this election

It will depend how marginal the seats are. Labour/The Tories might benefit from a couple of % points here and there, but if the SNP are miles ahead (which they may well be in some of them) that wont matter a jot. I'm not sure that many people will go down such a route either to be honest. Why would a Tory want to give labour an extra seat in what is a ridiculously close race between the across the UK for example? Tories are just as likely to vote SNP tactically as they are Labour.

There's plenty of yes voting greens out there who have talked about voting SNP in this election too, so both sides may see the benefit of tactical votes.

Labour source is Dundee:

"I can see many Tories and possibly Lib Dems who never in a million years wouldve voted for Jim McGovern but they might think now weve got a decent chap who might be an MP, and we will vote tactically to get rid of this nationalist who drives about in a fire engine and has a goatee,

United Against Goatees.

:lol:

The SNP will get 50-60% of the vote in both Dundee constituencies.

I know desperate times call for desperate measures, but good grief!

CB9y9ciXIAA-_0P.jpg

Their front page the morning after election night should be good.

Archived