Daredevil

King Kebab

Just finished the season there. Really, really enjoyed it. Vincent D'Onofrio's portrayal of Wilson Fisk was amazing, give that man every award under the sun. I enjoyed Wesley too until his untimely demise.

Deborah Ann Woll & Rosario Dawson though :wub::wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the first series. Very enjoyable indeed and captures the tone of the best Daredevil comics very well. Hopefully even go down the Bendis/ Maleev story line in later series.

The death in episode 12 was very shocking as well.

Loved the little references to other Daredevil stories, particularly the Gladiator references, though given the realistic tone somehow cannot see his more traditional custom turning up (despite a couple of noticeable circular saw glimpses).

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this. It was enjoyable and gave me something to pass the time, but i do feel the universal praise for it went over the top.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with any episode, but there was rarely anything to get overly excited about. At no point did i feel like i HAD to watch the next episode, like would usually happen if you're loving a show, and a few of the cliffhangers meant they were obviously aiming for that. Even getting to the end of episode 12, i waited until the following day to watch the finale, when there's not a chance in hell i wouldn't watch a finale as soon as possible with a show i'm really in to.

I felt it all got a bit too dark and depressing towards the end of the season, mainly in regards to the relationship between the three main characters. Usually it gets to that stage of a show around season 3 when the writers are starting to run out of ideas (case in point Arrow season 3) and it becomes a bit draining to watch after a while. I don't think the tension between those three added anything to the season, and i don't think their relationships as a threesome were fleshed out enough yet to warrant a huge fallout and episodes of not talking to each other.

All in all an enjoyable way to spend a week or so and gave me something to watch, but there was just something missing although im not entirely sure exactly what that is.

Well gutted that its finished now, Jessica Jones from the sounds of things isnt going to be as attention grabbing (although MCU are on a roll so i'll reserve full judgement till its out this year)

If they do it anything like the Alias comic, Jessica Jones could well end up being the best of the lot, fear not!

Also - The Punisher is confirmed for Daredevil season 2. Pleasing. More carnage.

Also - The Punisher is confirmed for Daredevil season 2. Pleasing. More carnage.

Yaldi!!!

They could do worse than getting Ray Stevenson back to play him, out of the three actors who have played him so far his has been the best IMO!!!

He's the only one who looks like the character out of the three anyway and his was the most enjoyable film, although it does pose another "Chris Evans" type scenario, is the actor too identified with another character from the same universe, baring in mind that he also plays Volstagg in the MCU now???

Also to add that the rumour is that Ray Stevenson was approached but couldn't commit as he is signed up to play Victarion Greyjoy in Game IOf Thrones, again excellent casting if true!!!

Watched the first episode there. Really enjoyed it and it definitely is a different direction for Marvel.

Though, whenever I watch something with Daredevil in it I do have a wee bit of cynicism towards it as I feel he can't do all the things he does due to enhanced senses.

• 2 weeks later...

And along with Punisher, looks like we're getting someone else majorly important to Daredevil finally.

11227585_1645783758991194_38895378627118

Interesting to see whose cast as her.

The character has already been referred to in the show, remember foggy talking about the Greek girl that Matt copped off with when the were students!!!

Bullseye as well next season according to rumour!!!

The character has already been referred to in the show, remember foggy talking about the Greek girl that Matt copped off with when the were students!!!

That was who they were referring to?! My god!

That was who they were referring to?! My god!

On my phone, so can't post a "Not Sure If Serious" JPEG, I'll leave a space and you can just imagine there's one there!!!

There ye go!!!

I excitedly explained this to the bird when that conversation took place. She wasn't as enthused as I thought the information warranted her being.

I excitedly explained this to the bird when that conversation took place. She wasn't as enthused as I thought the information warranted her being.

Chuck her!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...