Berwick vs Clyde

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the first twenty minutes or so of the 2nd half we were ok but after hitting the bar we fell out of it again but it was a poor end of season game.

As much as he tries hard Ged Traynor shouldn't be in the side as he just keeps giving the ball away or just putting it straight out the park and his crosses/set pieces were not good enough.

Another stroll in the park for Marko.

As much as he tries hard Ged Traynor shouldn't be in the side as he just keeps giving the ball away or just putting it straight out the park and his crosses/set pieces were not good enough.

Bringing through our youth players is definitely the right strategy but I have to say traynor has rarely impressed from what I have seen. Needs competition for his place at the very least, which he isn't getting at the moment.

On reflection.... A dreadful game. Only Jacobs and Fairbairn showed any fight/competence.

Surely Hibs are having a laugh with Martyniuk? Utter garbage, only matched by the hopeless Henderson, rubbish Russell and crap Currie.

Our only decent move ended with a cross that any Sunday League forward would have got on the end of, but sadly Henderson was nailed down.

How this team can go from the incisive footballing team of 6 months ago to this clueless rabble, only Cameron knows.

I wish you Clyde lot would f**k off and swing your hand bags at each other somewhere else. This forum is for football and not for you lot have your tiny minded bitchfest!!!

Trust me, I wish they would too.

Have to say I thought Jacobs was shite. Constantly misplacing passes and passing the ball out under no pressure. If indeed, there was nothing wrong with Hendersons goal, then again I find the criticism harsh. He's a 20 year old running on the record of a goal every other game as a new signing. IMO he was the best of our strikers yesterday. Russell was anonymous and Lavery missed a sitter when he came on. Barely noticed that Dillon guy.

Barry shipping players out again if they don't start shaping up according to today's paper never seen that coming pmsl ,players hate him that is a fact and shows in there performances wee fergie a shadow of himself due to pressure and expectation being placed on his young shoulders ,the lad is being sapped of confidence

Aye, don't understand the Henderson bashing myself. Nothing wrong with his disallowed goal, a nice turn & finish. We moan about not having a clinical striker and as soon as we sign one we've started laying into him because he's not contributing to the rest of the play more? Doesn't make sense.

There was an awful lot of shite served up yesterday afternoon, but Jacobs, Martyniuk, Currie and Russell were among the worst offenders.

I spent the whole of the first half trying to work out the formation Cameron had told them to play - I gave up in the end and still don't know. I've defended him for a while but yesterday was over the top. Three up top with 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder? The quality of football was atrocious, but I don't exactly think the formation with no midfield is conductive to fantastic football. There's a difference between trying to change things and being fucking ridiculous.

I spent the whole of the first half trying to work out the formation Cameron had told them to play - I gave up in the end and still don't know.

Spot on. When I saw the team sheet I was wondering which two of those three strikers were going to be played out wide. We came out and I thought we had Russell and Henderson front two with Dillon playing in behind. No idea if thats what was actually happening or not though.

Aye I agree with you two. Club journalist Inglis was also saying exactly the same.

I actually had no idea where Dillon was playing. He just seemed in the way half the time. Probably through no fault of his own. It's really hard to defend Cameron yesterday, in terms of performance, motivation and game plan. Awful.

Didn't think the team selection was theoretically bad, but it sure worked out that way. Dillon looked as though he didn't know quite what his role was, but the real point is that our midfield, had plenty of possession but couldn't pick a pass even with 3 up front. Then when they did, the control of Russell, Henderson and Dillon was as crap as their movement.

Henderson reminds me of Hugh Douglas. A big guy, but when he tries to jump, his head stays where it is and ends up lower than his shoulders. A great finish that was disallowed, but otherwise terrible and you shouldn't use his name in the same sentence as the words "clinical striker" without being forced to watch a video of his hopeless attempt at a header near the end yesterday, or his comedy shot when clean through 2 weeks ago. Annan fans laughed at us when we signed him - I can see why, but at least that cracking shot shows there is something to work on over the next 12 months.

Also, just to clarify, Devon Jacobs passing was indeed piss poor (it usually is), but his reading of the game and effort was better than anyone.

Really? The club statistician (Inglis) was telling me yesterday that he has a 1 in 2 goals per game ratio in the league. It'd be even better if the ref wasn't a nob. At least he gets himself in positions to score, something not one other striker we have on the books does.

Well I hope you are right and I'm wrong. I agree he has a proper strikers instinct in that he is greedy (trying to grab the ball Off Willis for the pen 2 weeks ago is a crude example). For me though, his control is iffy, and he is hopeless in the air.

He's better than Carse Morris, Russell or DL, but that doesn't say much

I guess my annoyance really lies around the fact that I think there are other strikers in this Division that could have won us yesterday's scrapfest.

Barry shipping players out again if they don't start shaping up according to today's paper never seen that coming pmsl ,players hate him that is a fact and shows in there performances wee fergie a shadow of himself due to pressure and expectation being placed on his young shoulders ,the lad is being sapped of confidence

I think that's shocking that the manager is letting the players know that if they aren't up to it then they won't be here any longer.

You must have been gutted that the team you "support" didn't lose yesterday?

f**k sake, can we try and sort an absolute block on this John McKay p***k? Fuckin ruining every Clyde thread and it isn't helped that c***s keep entertaining him...

spot on ????

Archived