Morton V Stenny

I wouldn't simply call it luck, but I think we can all agree that it's not really a credible approach to winning the league. We've lost far too many games this season. The recent comebacks at Cappielow have been in games that have been alarmingly similar to the other losses at home this season. The truth is that we've been outplayed far too often this season.

That being said, I think we were lucky on Saturday not to be 3 or 4 down before we scored. Gaston helped with the saves he made, but the one on one in particular should have finished us off. Without a massive improvement in overall performance we won't get near promotion.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We picked up something like 23 points from a losing position last season, and most of that haul was by about February. Our rot had set in before the end of last season. We were not miles better than the opponents - we just went for it, kept out belief and it regularly paid off. I thought being full time must be a big factor but this season we've looked weaker than many part time sides as games approach the later stages.

I don't think it's been down to luck for the majority of the games we've won from being a goal down. The players just seemed to pull the finger out and look interested and we scored 3. 43% of our goals have come in the last 15 mins this season. I think that's a staggering statistic.

Is this a case of other teams getting tired and the full-time team being fitter towards the end? Or maybe as i've said above, we just suddenly decide to look interested and go and win the match.

When the third went in i don't think I've seen a reaction like it in my time following the ton. Unbelievable scenes.

In recent times this runs it close. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_6F9ofYOU

With St Mirren now 95% likely to be relegated to the Championship, i really hope we go up this year.

Oh and those scenes when the third went in....absolutely brilliant

We have had 14 points this season from goals scored in the 87th minute or later:

Peterhead away first time injury time winner - draw turned into win 2 points

Dunfermline away first time injury time winner - draw turned into win 2 points

Brechin Home first time - last minute penalty to get a draw - 1 point

Peterhead away second time - scored in 87 and 90 minutes to turn defeat to victory - 3 points

Ayr at Cappielow sec0nd time - scored in the 90th minute and injury time to turn defeat to victory - 3 points

Stenny at Cappielow second time - scored in 87 minutes and injury time to turn defeat into victory - 3 points

No idea whether this is luck, full time training or players' attitude and etermination or some combination of all three.

Don't want to be pedantic, but the second Peterhead game we were drawing 1-1 when we scored the two late goals.

Meaningful derbies would be fucking excellent, as opposed to the tragedy that is the Renfrewshire Cup.

Agreed.

You just know we will feck it up and stay down this year.

Wonder if Tidser has some sort of release clause if we fail to get promoted.

Archived