Morton V Stenny

I deserved to miss the comeback.Really? I don't like shouting abuse at players and decided to leave as I was close to it!

You left with about 15 mins (and added time so basically about 20 mins) before the end. Of course you deserved to miss the late comeback, poor show.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At half past four I was definitely not going to the Stranraer match. That thought is now on hold.

A total rollercoaster today - they can't keep doing this to us.

First half we took too many touches where one would do and conversely we tried to be clever when taking a touch would have done. The goal was a shambles - everyone stood off the scorer when it was clear what he was going to do.

The crowd gave the team lots of encouragement at the start of the second half and the team briefly responded. Then the second went in and the abuse started - mostly aimed at Rae and Duffy. At that stage Stenny looked in control and needn't have wasted so much time. For once Duffy got the subs right - Caldwell was not having much of a game, nor was Crighton. The subs, however, looked up for it and ultimately turned the game. Unbelievable scenes when the third went in - moments earlier we had passed up a chance to take the lead and many thought that was that.

Interesting that at full time Gaston was the only Morton player I could see acknowledge the fans in the cowshed.

I mentioned my son's reaction after the late winner against Ayr. Suffice to say that he was beside himself today.

Interesting that at full time Gaston was the only Morton player I could see acknowledge the fans in the cowshed.

McManus was the first player to acknowledge the fans, clutching a the badge. Stef McCluskey also came across and clapped at the shed as well

McManus was the first player to acknowledge the fans, clutching a the badge. Stef McCluskey also came across and clapped at the shed as well

As did Forbes. I couldn't give a flying f**k if they hate our guts, just get us up and they'll be heroes. Thing is people keep banging on about personal abuse but from what I see and hear it's all borne out of frustration with Duffy. Very little of it is actually personal despite what others have you believe. Chrighton being the exception.

As did Forbes. I couldn't give a flying f**k if they hate our guts, just get us up and they'll be heroes. Thing is people keep banging on about personal abuse but from what I see and hear it's all borne out of frustration with Duffy. Very little of it is actually personal despite what others have you believe. Chrighton being the exception.

When Forbes hit a free kick tamely over the bar, someone in the crowd shouted at Forbes that he was "useless" (with a few expletives thrown in). That's the kind of thing that I dislike. Fair enough be frustrated with the poor free kick, but Forbes has been far from useless for us. There are always some that just overreact to what's going on.

They don't represent what's going on in the crowd as a whole, but I think that's the kind of thing that annoys players and other fans.

An amazing end to the game, and for the second time in a month, too. The sort of finale that restores your faith in football ( well, almost!).

Doesn't alter the fact, though, that for the second week in a row we looked lightweight and didn't seem to have the desire and the fight that you'd expect to see in a team battling for the league title.

Hopefully those last twelve minutes or so will give the team a bit of momentum to carry into the Stirling game. With them being officially relegated today they'll maybe not have the spirit they showed in the last two games against us and maybe we can do the goal difference a bit of good - because it just might come down to that as a deciding factor.

When Forbes hit a free kick tamely over the bar, someone in the crowd shouted at Forbes that he was "useless" (with a few expletives thrown in). That's the kind of thing that I dislike. Fair enough be frustrated with the poor free kick, but Forbes has been far from useless for us. There are always some that just overreact to what's going on.

They don't represent what's going on in the crowd as a whole, but I think that's the kind of thing that annoys players and other fans.

Indeed. I suggested to Toby yesterday we could've saved money on signing Tidser if we knew Forbes would be this good.

Just think of having Forbes and Tidser in the midfield next season :)

Dunno. Not sure you could play them both at the same time. Far too similar.

Dunno. Not sure you could play them both at the same time. Far too similar.

With no McManus, I wouldn't mind a 4-5-1 with a holding midfielder and Forbes/Tidser/McKee "dictating" "play"

Both playmakers but Forbes sits much deeper than Tidser did towards the end of his initial spell here. He was deeper than OWare for much of the game yesterday! Forbes also drifts wide on occasion which Tidser did not.

I think it can work but we absolutely must make a defensive midfielder a priority in the transfer window.

Archived