Inverness CT V Celtic

Good game both teams playing the ball on the deck and looks like we got our tactics spot on. Didn't create enough in the final 3rd but can't argue with the score, quite fair.

Bad one for Deano with a dislocated kneecap, looks like an accidental knock knee to knee with GMS, unlucky and he will probably be out for the rest of the season, missing the cup semi or even a cup final.

Ryan Esson stepped in and made some great saves during the game so very much like for like. Impressed with Gary Warren, Graeme Shinnie, Greg Tansey and Ross Draper. Marley Watkins did a power of work between the midfield and Ofere. Ryan Christie was very impressive as well.

Yes I thought we were too cautious at times and pinned back more than we should have but the end result we deserved.

I think Celtic weren't at their best but that might have been down to us not allowing them enough space and closing them down quickly.

Not a dirty game either, strange how there was 7 bookings during the game. Thought both Ofere and Armstrong were unlucky to see yellow.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tripping someone up in the box without taking the ball first is supposed to result in a penalty kick mate. Brother Thomson made a balls of it.

Toes pointed down towards the ground is a dead give away, even more stupid if its done even before contact. If you can call it contact, it was so light. Raven I think it was read what was coming and tried not to make contact, there were harder challenges around the pitch and players kept their feet. Ref deservedly booked the cheat.

Trying to play it through the middle all the time, it was the same on Wednesday. Need to get it down the wing more

We are quite strong on our left, maybe less so on our right. I was surprised how little Celtic moved the ball out wide I think Shinnie had GMS pretty much covered and Armstrong isn't really a right winger. I would have thought if your right doesn't work why Delia didn't switch players over and pitch GMS pace against Raven. It seems at the moment Delia is quite ridged in his gameplay and doesn't deviate from the plan A until he introduces subs. Maybe he was playing the patient game??.

We are quite strong on our left, maybe less so on our right. I was surprised how little Celtic moved the ball out wide I think Shinnie had GMS pretty much covered and Armstrong isn't really a right winger. I would have thought if your right doesn't work why Delia didn't switch players over and pitch GMS pace against Raven. It seems at the moment Delia is quite ridged in his gameplay and doesn't deviate from the plan A until he introduces subs. Maybe he was playing the patient game??.

He doesn't do a lot of tactical adjustment. His first instinct is that if what we're not doing is not working, we have to improve and do it better. It's right more often than not, but I actually missed Stokes on the left today. ICT played well thought, pressured well and didn't give us a lot of space. Is it always that windy up in Inverness?

Agree with all of that. Commons should've been on at half time

Gudetti is the next Marco Negri.

Plenty players playing in League One and League Two looking better than him at the moment.

Such a strange one - wonder if there is a chance Celtic let him go before end of season

Called it, Celtic up at Inverness is almost a guaranteed banker for a draw.

Didn't see any of the game at all but will watch the highlights tomorra night on Sportscene.

A draw away to Inverness is a banker? That's the first time we've drawn up there since Strachan's last season.

Shite game anyway for fans of both teams and the neutrals. Nothing more to say about it other than I've suffered a significant amount of blood loss from my eyes.

Genuinely, I don't have a fucking clue what you're on about. Do you per chance?

do you know who marco negri was? Some boy rocked up, scored loads of goals and then turned shit.

Archived