Inverness CT V Celtic

Called it, Celtic up at Inverness is almost a guaranteed banker for a draw.

Didn't see any of the game at all but will watch the highlights tomorra night on Sportscene.

Four draws in the last nineteen visits to Inverness.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are Celtic fans opinions of Efe Ambrose?.

From what I saw of him today he looked a touch away from gifting us, yet he was rarely under severe pressure.

He always does that at least once in each match. Except for that he's a good player. If he could keep focused and calm for 90 minutes he'd be great

What are Celtic fans opinions of Efe Ambrose?.

From what I saw of him today he looked a touch away from gifting us, yet he was rarely under severe pressure.

He's not as bad as he's made out to be. Although that's not to say he isn't a complete bombscare a lot of the time. I don't mind him filling in at right back when Matthews and Lustig are injured but I hope the board don't think he is capable of replacing VVD or Denayer next season because he certainly isn't the answer long term.

Strong, can head the ball. His calmness on the ball can be a positive point at times but there's a fine line between that and being too casual which tends to lead to a lot of his blunders. Don't like him going forward though - couldn't cross his legs. It's frustrating because I watched him play against Argentina in the World Cup and he didn't look out of place at all. Had a cracking game.

He's not as bad as he's made out to be. Although that's not to say he isn't a complete bombscare a lot of the time. I don't mind him filling in at right back when Matthews and Lustig are injured but I hope the board don't think he is capable of replacing VVD or Denayer next season because he certainly isn't the answer long term.

Strong, can head the ball. His calmness on the ball can be a positive point at times but there's a fine line between that and being too casual which tends to lead to a lot of his blunders. Don't like him going forward though - couldn't cross his legs. It's frustrating because I watched him play against Argentina in the World Cup and he didn't look out of place at all. Had a cracking game.

Indeed he didn't look out of place at the WC. Generally the Scottish game is played at a higher tempo and the best players tend to be able to keep a calm head and pass the ball around in a tight areas and or create space for themselves or others. In this country we tend to press defenders more than stand of them and allow them to move the ball around. We've had some great players or good players that should have been a class above the normal up here but have either struggled to adjust or only show their talent once in a while, remember Juninho?.

Indeed he didn't look out of place at the WC. Generally the Scottish game is played at a higher tempo and the best players tend to be able to keep a calm head and pass the ball around in a tight areas and or create space for themselves or others. In this country we tend to press defenders more than stand of them and allow them to move the ball around. We've had some great players or good players that should have been a class above the normal up here but have either struggled to adjust or only show their talent once in a while, remember Juninho?.

Only too well. A ten year old me got him on the back of my top the day he signed. Superb debut against rangers. The less said about the rest of his stint the better.

Archived