The Witcher 3

spud131

I kind of wish I had a broken ankle. As much as I want to, there aren't going to be enough hours to dust Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquistion before Fallout 4 lands.

:(

I have just put in another 9am to 420pm shift today !! Amazing how much time you lose on this game. In two minds about consultant appointment tomorrow, on one hand, If need operation, good chance I'm off work rest of the year, on other hand, it's hell being stuck in the house. ...hmmmm

I've completed the Velen/Novigrad section of the game, but I'm checking out every ? On the map and completing every side mission before moving on. I haven't felt compelled to put this much time into a video game for a long time. I'm sitting around the 100 hour mark

there will be one or two that you won't be able to do until you go onto the other island skelige.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Fallout not arriving, I finally got around to playing the Hearts of Stone DLC. Very impressed so far. Forgot how amazing the game looked, and the work ProjektRed have put in to making this probably the best open world game there has ever been. You can kick off the DLC by either inserting into an existing save (but they recommend you're level 32 at least) into a new game, or into a specially created character that has reached level 32 and has completed all the story missions. That last option is a wonderful touch that I haven't seen used in other games like this, and it's great for someone coming back into the game. All the side missions are untouched, so the ones you haven't really got to or remember well are still available. All the Witcher Contracts too.

The DLC content itself is really, really hard though. I went into the first quest for it and got the shit kicked out of me in the first area by drowners. Forced me to load a previous save to get back outside and try other quests to build up my character. I'll need to give it more time, which'll be hard when Fallout arrives, but highly recommend it to anyone, whether you've played or not.

I've just about dusted the main story in time for Fallout coming out. I haven't touched the DLC yet.

What a fucking game this is. I stood on the edge of a lake last night and watched the sun dip behind a mountain. Sexy.

I've just about dusted the main story in time for Fallout coming out. I haven't touched the DLC yet.

What a fucking game this is. I stood on the edge of a lake last night and watched the sun dip behind a mountain. Sexy.

Yeah, I'd forgotten just how amazing it looked. Could be because I've spent most of the past month on Metal Gear Solid which did look good, but was mostly just sand and jungle. The DLC "make-a-character" option dumps you near a wee town. Walked into it, all the little huts up on stilts and a dock leading out onto a lake with a few fishing boats slowly making their way across, sun setting in the background.

Fallout 4 has got some way to go to have me enjoy it more than I did this tbh.

This is going for 20 odd quid on Zavvi. I'm needing a new game and torn between COD and Fallout, But this deal has caught my eye and reading some of this it maybe the one to go with.

You will NOT be disappointed.

It's easily in my all time top 5 games.

It's just stunning.

This is going for 20 odd quid on Zavvi. I'm needing a new game and torn between COD and Fallout, But this deal has caught my eye and reading some of this it maybe the one to go with.

Get it bought! 20 quid is a steal for this. Give it a good few weeks (or months, let's face it) then pick up Fallout when it's a little cheaper. Win win. Plus I've got a lot of faith in the developers to keep working on it and fix up any problems. Just hope the final DLC doesn't arrive in the next few months, otherwise I'll need to add that to the growing list of games to play

Started this again last night. I'd amassed about 14/15 hours in a previous save; just getting to the next area after White Orchard, but it had been about 3 months since I last played it and I hadn't a clue about what to do or even what I was supposed to be doing quest wise.

Not too fussed about having to start over as I'm picking up little things that I glossed over first time round. Not looking forward to fighting that fucking griffin again though, took me far too many attempts previously.

Traded in the Xbox One version of this, along with about fifty other Xbox One/360 games, a few weeks ago because I rarely play my Xbox anymore after buying a PS4. However, I've folded upon seeing that deal and bought myself the PS4 version of this to play after I'm eventually finished with Fallout 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just getting started since I've had some time. It's a bit harder than the previous 2 games. Levelling is also painfully slow. The enemies I'm capable of fighting at this level are just not giving any exp.

Just getting into Velen and I'm barely level 3.

Back to white orchard to visit all the remaining undiscovered locations and clean up all the quests.. half way through that and I'm still level 3 haha. Nightmare.

On the bright side I'm getting better at fighting groups but my signs are still shite due to my level and my weapons and armour are pants. I've a feeling much like Witcher 2 the game will get easier in the middle.