A question of fairness

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a midden of a statement from an official body like the SPFL.

I think Doncaster had a few bevys and a wee smoke before he realised he was obliged to answer the clubs' concerns.

Surely this Donkey has to go now?

Makes no sense to me why SPFL have decided to defend the indefensible.

Clearly their get-out should just have been to say they would be announcing additional changes, to the Sunday, in due course.

To say it's "not unusual" is clearly incorrect - it's so unusual I can't remember a similar circumstances in SPL, SFL or SPFL in recent times. Infact even in the Highland, Lowland, EOS & SOS leagues the practice has become that of having all concluding matches affecting titles, promotion or relegation on the same day/time.

To say "a number will be unaffected" is also clearly incorrect - at the time of writing 4 of the 5 games are 'live' and interconnected.

And to say the solution was for clubs to agree between themselves, then come forward to ask individual reschedulings, is daft.

What a midden of a statement from an official body like the SPFL.

I think Doncaster had a few bevys and a wee smoke before he realised he was obliged to answer the clubs' concerns.

Surely this Donkey has to go now?

Doncaster is in that position because the clubs have hired him to be, not once but twice unfortunately

Makes no sense to me why SPFL have decided to defend the indefensible.

Clearly their get-out should just have been to say they would be announcing additional changes, to the Sunday, in due course.

To say it's "not unusual" is clearly incorrect - it's so unusual I can't remember a similar circumstances in SPL, SFL or SPFL in recent times.

To say "a number will be unaffected" is clearly incorrect - at the time of writing 4 out of the 5 games are 'live' and interconnected.

And to say the solution was for clubs to agree between themselves, then come forward to ask individual reschedulings, is daft.

It really is staggering stuff.

Earlier on in the day, I'd assumed the other fixtures would naturally be getting moved too. It appears however that that's not part of the plan at all. They really were just proposing to move one crucial fixture to the day after the other s sides concluded their league seasons. It flies in the face of established practice.

It's now come under media attack, under attack from the Edinburgh clubs and has even been ridiculed by the Rangers manager.

How can they not foresee such a decision provoking a storm?

I want us to fucking destroy them in the play-offs just to get it up the SPFL.

Er, what exactly makes you so certain you will meet them in the playoffs?

One of you will have to go through us first. Neither of you have looked much like doing that comfortably so far.

Grant Russell@STVGrant 2 mins2 minutes ago

SPFL: "Unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to Sunday when number...will be unaffected by Hearts v Rangers"

"Hearts v Rangers is scheduled for Sunday 3 May to be broadcast on TV. It is not clear to us why this has caused so much surprise."

"To date, the only feedback we have received is from one Championship club which has asked for match to remain scheduled for Saturday"

"For the avoidance of doubt, we have had no request from Hibernian FC to move its fixture to the Sunday at the time of writing."

"Police Scotland confirmed to us that there were no security issues with the scheduling of all Championship fixtures that weekend."

"Regret any inconvenience to supporters... the circumstances surrounding the matches on the weekend of 2/3 May are in no way unusual."

:lol:

How can they come out with a statement like that?! Absolutely incredible, even by the standards of Scottish football.

Archived