Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

If I was a Falkirk fan I'd be more upset with your keeper than the referee.

As much as I think Collum is w**k he had a good game.

Falkirk sat far too deep in the first half and it was only a matter of time before Watkins had a clear cut chance. The Bairns didn't play the offside trap very well, infact ICT were unlucky with a couple of they calls.

All Falkirk 2nd half though.

Peter Grant looks some player!

Congrats to Thistle for a brilliant job well done. Went to the match on a whim, and had a great day, but why did Collum have to spoil things with that ludicrous sending off? Ok, he seemed to have a reasonable performance, but, let's face it, the man simply cannot referee, and that's all there is to it. Oh, and for the record, I have refereed at all levels for over 35 years, so I have an idea what I'm talking about. Anyway, congrats again and best of luck!

Congrats to Thistle for a brilliant job well done. Went to the match on a whim, and had a great day, but why did Collum have to spoil things with that ludicrous sending off? Ok, he seemed to have a reasonable performance, but, let's face it, the man simply cannot referee, and that's all there is to it. Oh, and for the record, I have refereed at all levels for over 35 years, so I have an idea what I'm talking about. Anyway, congrats again and best of luck!

:lol:

The ref was just fine.

He got it spot on. Alston was clean through.

Falkirk fans. What a fucking wall of noise hot us when you scored. That knocked the wind out of me more than your goal or the red card. Kudos.

First goal we scored in what was probably many peoples third cup final was bound to get a good cheer.

I'm just lying in bed going totally heads gone.

I'll be an old man before we get a chance like that. It might never happen. For folk in their 40s or 50s the dream of seeing us lift the cup has died.

How do you think we feel mate?

Cracking stuff, Inverness - been building to a cup win for a while. Well deserved. Commiserations to the massed legions of Falkirk fans. I'll take a final like that every year, please.

I imagine it's been said many times already but...armageddon? :lol:

Given the hysterical exaggerations every time Hibs lose a game, P&B's servers would've exploded if Hibs had got through and chucked it as Falkirk did today.

You seem to know a lot about P&B despite having joined around 12 hours ago tbh :whistle

I don't think Falkirk will ever have a better chance in my lifetime. I said to my mate at half time I don't mind if we lose this as long as we have a go and in the second half we did. The celebrations at our equaliseralmost made it worthwhile.. I liked the middle aged guys attempted pitch invasion taking down about 3 stewards in his over exuberance. Congratulations Caley.

In theory this shouldn't have affected me much as I've been absolutely part time last few seasons and pretty disillusioned with the club and Scottish football.

But I went along yesterday.. Taking a couple of the next generation with me. Brilliant day, from the morning in town through to kick off - it's the ultimate cliche but its amazing how a cup final energises a small town. I think a win would have been massive for local pride and the community.

At halftime I felt fine. Had all the hallmarks of a standard cup final for a Falkirk fan. No goals.. Huff and puff.. Throw in an offside goal or a penalty shout and that'll do it.

Then the sending off.. Which at the time seemed just an inconvenience to Caley. We were never going to score anyway.

But we did. Utter scenes. Best celebration of a goal ever. I was absolutely convinced we'd go on to win. Absolutely horrific defending for the winner and brutal goalkeeping. You just can't lose that goal to 10 men. I still struggle to believe we did.

As others have said for people my age that's it. We will never see Falkirk win the cup. To pass up an opportunity like that was just... Well words can't describe.

The only one crumb of comfort was that Caley won. Probably the most decent set of fans in the country.. Were brilliant before the game and magnanimous after. Genuinely delighted for all of them. Hope this is the first of many trophies.

But ... How did we lose? Worst feeling ever after a football match. Bar none. The queue for the train back to Central was like a funeral march.