Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

Guest Back Post Misses

Out of 39 competitive games between the two clubs Falkirk have only lost 1 in 4.

Out of 20 games in Inverness we have only lost 4 times.

I would wager that will be one of the best away records of anyone in Inverness

Out of 39 competitive games between the two clubs Falkirk have only lost 1 in 4.

Out of 20 games in Inverness we have only lost 4 times.

I would wager that will be one of the best away records of anyone in Inverness

Yep, we have had some closely fought great classic games against Falkirk, and I can see the final being very close too. Hope it's a good open entertaining game for both sets of supporters.

Few games spring to mind

2003 Falkirk 2-3 Inverness. Caley the only team to win at Falkirk in the league all season, spoil the party atmosphere at Brockville's final ever game

2006 Falkirk 0-2 Inverness. Bairns first game back in the top flight

2009 Inverness 0-1 Falkirk. Michael Higdon scores to keep us in the SPL

Was there a 4-3 game in Inverness in 02/03 campaign? Seem to remember we were 2-0 down early on.

Yep.

We were 2-2 by about 20mins.

Scored the winner in typical fashion in the last minute.

A goal that can be described as absolute SCENES!!!!!

The last time the Scottish Cup Final was held as late as 30 May was in 2009 and Falkirk played in that game.

We also outplayed Rangers in that game, I remember walking past Rangers fans through Glasgow and the majority saying to us that we deserved to win, which shocked me as I half expected some bile to be shouted at us.

No that was 3-0, 3-1, 4-1, 4-2 I think. Arfield scored a cracker.

There was one the following season we were 2-0 up and cruising when big Scott Higgins decided to throw 3 goals in during the last 20 minutes or so. Unbelievable, and that was him punted.

Regarding the final, Yogi appears to have learned from his stupidly cautious approach in the 09 and 13 finals, judging by the way they got stuck into Celtic. Worrying.

Bobby Madden will get the final IMO

As long as it isn't Craig Thomson tbh

2014: Craig Thomson

2013: Willie Collum

2012: Craig Thomson

2011: Calum Murray

2010: Dougie McDonald

2009: Craig Thomson

2009 was the first time the cup final was refereed by anyone who hasn't retired yet.

League cup

2015: Bobby Madden

2014: Steven McLean

2013: Craig Thomson

2012: Willie Collum

2011: Craig Thomson

2010: Craig Thomson

2009: Dougie McDonald

It's a pretty safe bet that it's not going to be Bobby Madden or Craig Thomson

I don't know this for a fact, but if it's not Willie Collum, don't be shocked if it's Euan Norris

We also outplayed Rangers in that game, I remember walking past Rangers fans through Glasgow and the majority saying to us that we deserved to win, which shocked me as I half expected some bile to be shouted at us.

Yup we absolutely dominated and had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Come to think of it Saturday might be the worst performance I've seen us give at Hampden.

No that was 3-0, 3-1, 4-1, 4-2 I think. Arfield scored a cracker.

There was one the following season we were 2-0 up and cruising when big Scott Higgins decided to throw 3 goals in during the last 20 minutes or so. Unbelievable, and that was him punted.

Regarding the final, Yogi appears to have learned from his stupidly cautious approach in the 09 and 13 finals, judging by the way they got stuck into Celtic. Worrying.

Pat Fenlon was the Hibs boss in 2013

Yup we absolutely dominated and had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Come to think of it Saturday might be the worst performance I've seen us give at Hampden.

Pat Fenlon was the Hibs boss in 2013

Aye, I was referring to ICT's League Cup appearance. It was 2014, my mistake.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn